Main Menu

The RFP Group Build!

Started by Supertom, December 09, 2008, 01:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallymodeller

I agree with Pudding. A nation needs all sorts of stuff.

But I think that in order to do this right and proper, the nation needs to be detailed to some extent so that we are targeting the proposal. For example, Togo could never use (nor could it afford) even stripped-down M1A2s or F-35s. But a COIN aircraft or an upgunned T-55 with modern fire control might be the ticket...
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Sauragnmon

Well, by the same token, we don't want to hold out too much progressive thinking Rally.

Also to think - Pyro, you comment on ships - 1/700 scale has a LOT of options, and a LOT of different materials to get access to, if you know where to look, even without looking into Resin for your work.  Fear not, young ship-whiffer, 1/700 Scale shall provide Everything you desire, if you know how to look!
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

puddingwrestler

We could have it run by the various whiffers who have developed thier own fictional countries mayhap? There are quite a few, My own San Torta, and then the various others such as Henristan, Patchwork World, etc. Maybe alt. history Germany 1946?
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Weaver

For maximum realism though, you've have to allow for brib<sorry>commissions and offset deals (choose my model and I paint your house), and then allow all the competitors who don't win to mount legal challenges, lobbying offensives, smear campaigns etc.... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

anthonyp

I third the mashing of the two threads!  Opposed?

Let's give three days for opposing votes, else they get mashed together in one, GLORIOUSLY ugly mushing of threads.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: pyro-manic on December 09, 2008, 05:44:32 PM
Sounds fun to me! The Ship category could prove difficult, though - there's not really that much out there in terms of kits - use as a base kit??).

I beg to differ mine modelling chum,Any basic hull shape with a block coeficient of 0.7 or less will make a good start point. The hull can be easily shortened or even lengthened. Superstructure is easily converted. The scales available are qiuet varied as are the types. Patrol boats ,PTs etc.
Tamiya has Two great fast craft
Airfix  has two or three more, and Revells older fit the box scale would serve to further advance choice.

I also think that seeing no date was mentioned every loony on the site ( yes thats a plug for you Raddish our old mate) can engage in his or hers time line.
Hows that for my $.52 worth. :cheers: :cheers:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Sauragnmon

How's that for your fifty two cents worth?  I say the following:

Yarrsauce on Pancakes.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.