Main Menu

The Landships GB proposal

Started by puddingwrestler, December 10, 2008, 01:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Be sure to buy the book, "My Tank is Fight" !!!  It is fantastic.

Would love to do a gb landship.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Doc Yo

Quote from: cthulhu77 on December 11, 2008, 07:00:36 AM

It has its moments... (wish it had plan views for the hydrofoils, but hey...)

I think this is a fine idea for a group build, and given the lead time, I might actually finish something...

Sauragnmon

Scale-o-rama a 1/72 Maus into the 1/700 scale, oh yeah, I'm in on this.  Yeah, this is a build born for the mad scientists.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

rallymodeller

Quote from: Doc Yo on December 11, 2008, 11:09:20 AM
Quote from: cthulhu77 on December 11, 2008, 07:00:36 AM

It has its moments... (wish it had plan views for the hydrofoils, but hey...)

I think this is a fine idea for a group build, and given the lead time, I might actually finish something...

Well, if the good Doctor Yo is here, we certainly got the Mad Scientist thing covered.

I'm thinking of something like Heinlein's Land Battleships from "Revolt in 2100". Booster guns, multiple tracks, and so forth...
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

philp

For a frozen planet, could build a sail ship on skies/skates like the novel Icerigger.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

puddingwrestler

OO! OO! FORTRESS ROMMEL! Anyone remember the bosses from the ol' video game top down shooter 1941? There be them there huge dang damn ding damn land ships as bosses... and the rocket zepplins... and the PS2 version supports the ability to turn yor TV sideways to play in porper arcade aspect ratio... although I don't recomend it, Da Frog did it and screwed the TV...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

plasticmech

"Half the work that is done in this world is to make things appear what they are not."
Elias Root Beadle

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Daryl J.

.........I may have just found a use for the remaining 2" fishing bobbers left over from the Steampunk Pirate Light Bouy project........
A twin turret Miyazaki'd/Anime'd USS Monitor had been in design, but putting said bobbers on a Land Machine..................oooh.

Daryl J.

BlackOps

That Tzar Landship is awesome!  :wub:

Daryl, your land monitor sounds like a good project  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

jcf

Don't forget the original...

H.G. Wells 'The Land Ironclads'

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6318599/Land-Ironclads

Free downloadable paper model, main page:
http://www.currell.net/models/ironclad.htm
Parts and instructions:
http://www.currell.net/models/files_ironclad.htm

Jon

anthonyp

So, would a Buick Roadmonster, er, Roadmaster, or Cadillac Fleetwood count?  Always thought they were land battleships...
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man