Main Menu

The Landships GB proposal

Started by puddingwrestler, December 10, 2008, 01:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: Sisko on December 10, 2008, 11:23:22 PM

Oh yeah I am in!!!!!

Oh Sisko you are one sick puppy.......................................................... :thumbsup:Im pround to be associated with your ilk. :cheers: :cheers:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

SSgt Baloo

This thread reminded me of an old ad for Continental Tires with a Lincoln Continental riding on tank treads.

I tried hard to find that pic online, but all I could find was this: http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/car_tank.htm
Not older than dirt but remembers when it was still under warranty.

puddingwrestler

Yes, Buick Roadmasters and Caddilacs of all flavours are allowed. Especially since my family refers to my father's BAII Ford Falcon as 'the land whale' and it's a heck of a lot smaller.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

cthulhu77

my first car was a buick station wagon...17 feet long (four rows of seats). we called it the "nimitz". great for nightime activities, though ! :)

Dork the kit slayer

Any of our "senior" whiffers remember this. Great music to build your land battleship to.....or does anyone make a 1:48 armadillo???

jcf

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on December 18, 2008, 08:49:30 AM
IMG]http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo236/Bowlax/elp_tarkusf.jpg[/IMG]

Any of our "senior" whiffers remember this. Great music to build your land battleship to.....or does anyone make a 1:48 armadillo???

Uummm... yes, as to being 'senior'...

;D

A 1/48th armadillo wouldn't be very big.  ;D

I suppose one could do something similar using the old Aurora 1/13th Ankylosaurus,
most recently re-released by Revell-Monogram as 'Tank'.

Jon

Dork the kit slayer

If your old enough to remember ELP your senior.............. pass the  :wacko: :wacko: :drink:Greecian 2000

You know Im kind of tempted by that  :thumbsup:

Mossie

If you kitbashed 'Tank' (appropriate!) with one of Games Workshops Leman Russ tanks, you might be pretty close to that album cover.  Scales for GW stuff are disputed, but I'd say their armour is close to 1/48.  You should be able to pick one up easily from Tinterweb or a GW shop.

If you can find one, turn it upside down & Games Workshop's original Land Raider Mk.I is a near perfect match for the base tank of that album cover.  The original will be hard to find, it's been long superceded by the Mk.III kit of the Land Raider.  The Leman Russ is probably close enough though.

:tank: :tank: :tank:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

puddingwrestler

The old land raider is no where near big enough! I mean, it's meant to fit ten terminators or something... what?
Scale-o-rama it might work.
The Baneblade is of course elligable.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Steel Penguin

it was 10 marines , when the landi was first issued termies didnt exist ( ive just realised what ive said, ive become a 40k RT geek).  and they were 2 for £12,
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Mossie

Quote from: puddingwrestler on December 18, 2008, 01:57:38 PM
The old land raider is no where near big enough! I mean, it's meant to fit ten terminators or something... what?
Scale-o-rama it might work.
The Baneblade is of course elligable.

Do you mean as regards to the Teminators, or to bashing it with the 'Tank'?  I've no idea how big the Revell Dawn of Time kits are & how it compares to any of the GW kits.

Yeah, I'd say the Baneblade is more than eligible, along with the other Super Heavies from GW.  I won't be entering one though, at eighty odd quid!  I could stretch to an epic scale Shadowsword, but I think they are very expensive for what you get.  Now I'd love to get me a Warhound Titan from Forge World, waiting for that lottery win I guess! :rolleyes:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

jcf

Tank's approximate hull dimensions sans head or tail:
length: 12.5cm (top) 11.5cm (bottom)
beam: 7.5cm (11 cm across the spikes)
depth: 3 cm (top) 3.5cm (bottom at the deepest point, it tapers in profile from front to back) total depth is @ 6cm

Tank lives on my bookshelves along with a plushie Cthulhu and Jimmy the Idiot Boy as 'Jimmy of the Future'.
My library security system. ;)

Jon

Mossie

I've only ever seen a Leman Russ, never owned one, but I'd tentatively say it's doable.  Maybe if someone has a kit they could measure the Hull dimensions?  I'd like to see Dork do this one! :drink:

Daryl J.

Based on the style of the USS Monitor:    armor covered tracks down the side, dual steel wheels at the extreme fore and aft of the 'bow' and 'stern',  two-inch (real life measure) top of a fishing bobber, ramshackle armor plating, and a set of guns in the bobber.   Tall steam stacks present like the Monitor class had for "heavy" seas operations.   Scale---approx 1/72.   Guns just as fictitious as the rest of the landship.

:cheers:
Daryl J.

BlackOps

Daryl, this is sounding better and better every time you describe your Landship!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.