Su-15 Flagon

Started by GTX, December 13, 2008, 01:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

Yeah, alternate markings are definately another thing to consider as well.  I'll probably do alternate markings with one of them, I don't know right now, but there's two coming my way and I'll have to figure out Something to do.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Merv_P

Pure fantasy; a drawing of a developed Flagon I did a year or so back. It's part-Su15, part-Su19 (as above), part a stealth J8 concept from china-defense.com.

Dizzyfugu

Well, I am pulling this thread back to light because the Su-15 attained my interest recently: partly because the primitive PM Model kits are available for a few bucks, but also because of kit remains in the personal scrap yard.  ;D

Two "projects", which were real life developments of the Su-15, are on the list: a Su-19, and a Su-15Sh.

The Su-19 was an update for the late 70ies with an ogival wing, using research done for the T-10 which would later become the Su-27; it would also have new engines and a new radar (then called Su-19M)with true look-down/shoot-down capability; would have made the Su-15 a much more capable fighter:

The Su-15Sh (actually only called T-58Sh) was an attack derivate - from a time after Vietnam when the Soviet union lacked a respective and capable aircraft, but there was no clear specification. The T-58Sh was a proposal which would retain supersonic capability, but with a new MiG-27 style nose and straighter wings it would be better suited for low level duties. Still, turning a Mach 2 interceptor into a ground attack aircraft was  arather weird idea, IMHO... The profile reminds of an Étendard, doesn't it?

Both never left the drawing board, but this won't prevent them from entering a model hardware stage...  ;D

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Something similar is currently on the work bench.  ;D

Dizzyfugu

Just FYI - current work on something that is to resemble a Su-19M. More to come when it's done...  ;D

1:72 Sukhoi Su-19M (PM MOdel kit conversion) - WiP/Teaser by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

1:72 Sukhoi Su-19M (PM MOdel kit conversion) - WiP/Teaser by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Closing in on the finish line. It's an Ukrainian aircraft from the early 90ies, camouflaged MiG-29 style, and armed with R-27 and R-73 missiles...  ;D

Hope to get it done and take pics for a post. Slick and subtle beast  :mellow:

Daryl J.

NARSES2

That is a stunner sir but your speed of working is mind boggling  :blink:

Dizzyfugu

Thank you. The "speed" might be the result of my working process - I just work on one model at a time, in a pretty dedicated fashion. When I have an idea and "burn for it", there's hardly anything that distracts until it's finished. Anyway, this kit still took about two weeks, and I had good reference material and the parts already in store before I started, so the quick progress came naturally. Even most of the background story (soon to come elesewhere...) had been written up before I started the kit. And it is a rather simple kit, even though it got a wings transplantation from a 1:200 Concorde.  :wacko:

Check this: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,37004.msg597600.html#msg597600

ysi_maniac

Flagon Fitter

Will die without understanding this world.

Dizzyfugu

Yes, something that I have on my hardware agenda, too.  :thumbsup: