AF-837 Hammerhead

Started by sotoolslinger, December 14, 2008, 08:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

HOG

So does this mean your aggresively cheap or just cheaply aggresive?   ;D

:drink:
G
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

I think I'm agressively confused :blink: :o
I amuse me.

John Howling Mouse

Good job, Mr. Toolslinger.  Lesser modelers (myself included) have given up over less of an obstacle.

:thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

Thanks Mice ;D I recoated with gloss today and it worked out . I'm gonna let it dry for a while before I try dull again. :blink:
I amuse me.

jcf

Quote from: HOG on January 30, 2009, 09:33:14 AM
So does this mean your aggresively cheap or just cheaply aggresive?   ;D

:drink:
G

On average, I'd say he is. ;)

Jon

Sisko

Nice save there!!!!!

I know what it is like to have that happen :angry:  It's looking good at the moment :thumbsup:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Brian da Basher

That last pic there is the money shot for sure! I love how the camo compliments the other colorful markings, especially those on the rudder! This is one seriously tasty project!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Sauragnmon

No, I'd defend that he isn't Cheap, per se, after all, he invested a lot of time and effort into building this monster of putty and plastic to begin with, it's a lot of work here.  The orange peel effect would have murdered all of that work, and rather than start from scratch, he decided to salvage what he could.  He's not Cheap, he's Dedicated.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sotoolslinger

Thanks to all of y'all. I must admit ,I am not cheap , I am just broke :banghead: ;D I did pull this one out by great amounts of luck ;D :lol: :rolleyes:
She looks like this now with her new coat of gloss

As you can see I have gotten rid of the horrid orange peel completely ;D :thumbsup:

I did invest in a couple o different NEW cans of flat finish today  :o :blink:
See I ain't cheep :wacko:
I amuse me.

Ed S

Nice recovery.  I"m glad to see that you were able to fix it with minimal rework.  Here's hoping the next layer of flat works for you.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

HOG

Hey Ron
I thought it was Humbrol Maskol - but you got poiple on this model. The nextist bestist colour to very very off white.
Great recovery with the finish, it`s  looking cool. :mellow:
But what is denatured alcahol? and what do you use it for. (If it`s alcahol with all the alcahol taken out, ignore this question as I have nightmares enough already)  ;D

Cheers  :drink:
Gary
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Rafael

A dramatic save!!!
STS, the finish even got a nice weathering from the sanding.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

sotoolslinger

Thanks Rafa I thought it looked nicely weathered too. I will add some pastels to enhance the effect. It is a navy ship :wacko:
Hog I do not know the difference between Denatured and regular old alcohol the can says it thins shellac,cleans glass and metal and is a fuel for Marine stoves :blink: :o :huh: I know it eats the crap out of Testors Dullcote ;D careful though it also takes off enamel paint and decals but very slowly and it does not melt bare plastic.
I amuse me.

cthulhu77

Just don't smoke around it !!!!   Glad to see the beast back in smoothness.