Wehrmacht Unteroffizier

Started by cthulhu77, December 15, 2008, 09:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Hey, thanks !  And a big tip of the hat to Sotoolslinger, as I was looking at the original gun, and saying "nuh-uh", he came up with the idea for the harness...

Brian da Basher

Looks like "Blade Runner" meets "Cross of Iron". I'm really impressed with how you built and painted the harness.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

sotoolslinger

Hey this is a tribute to the genius o Greg , all I did was mention the Smart Gun from Aliens and TGOO went nuttybuckets ;D :rolleyes: His imagination is fight :blink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

nev

The harness was an excellent idea and brilliantly executed - reminds me of the steadycam harnesses you see cameramen wearing.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

jcf

Quote from: nev on December 18, 2008, 01:14:05 AM
The harness was an excellent idea and brilliantly executed - reminds me of the steadycam harnesses you see cameramen wearing.

Which is exactly the origin of the smart gun harness in Aliens, it is a modified steadicam rig.  ;D ;D

Jon

Sisko

That's awesome.

I like the retro look of the Aliens concept!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

cthulhu77

starting on the underpainting:

nev

Cool.  A step by step on how you did the eyes would've been nice - hardest part of painting figures IMO
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Draken35

Brian da Basher

Looks like he's getting ready to say "Gimme your wallet and no one gets hurt!"

I'd hate to meet this guy in a dark alley...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Sorry about not posting more in process pics, things have been steadily going crappy here. They just passed a new bill that will make it almost impossible for me to do any nude photography anymore...which has been my bread and butter $$$ for quite a while. Big Brother.

Anyway, what I do is paint the eyes white. Let that dry. Using a toothpick (1/35th) or a small brush (1/16th) dab in the off-dark colour. Do not use black ! You can also use small markers available from craft stores, they come  in a wide variety of colours...I like dark brown or dark blue.
Then, gloss the eye with future, and set aside to dry.
Now, paint the rim of the eyelid dark brown. Let it dry.
Time to paint the flesh tones ! Work slowly, and paint the eyelid to just beneath the dark brown (think 1/100th of an inch).

Viola!

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

GTX

QuoteSorry about not posting more in process pics, things have been steadily going crappy here. They just passed a new bill that will make it almost impossible for me to do any nude photography anymore...

Bugger - what's their prudish justification this time????

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

tanktastic43

You'll have to start wearing clothes now to take photos??  :rolleyes:

cthulhu77

The last time I took photos and was naked, I ended up getting married.

Here is the b.s.:

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/pdf/E8-29677.pdf