Stormbirds: COOL site and video

Started by ysi_maniac, December 19, 2008, 07:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Spey_Phantom

OMFG, F-14's with TVC  :wub:
i hope it comes out for Xbox 360  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

ysi_maniac

F-15 with VG
A-10 with V-tail

IN COMBAT!

ChernayaAkula

:o Holy crap! That's awesome to the n-th degeree!  :wacko: :bow:

Did some googlin' and came across THIS SITE, featuring the trailer for download in high quality and some concept art.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

sotoolslinger

That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Maverick

I might be sounding a bit JMN here, but this stuff whilst cosmetically 'pretty' or 'cool' is poorly executed in my opinion.  It seems that many gamer artists have little idea of the realworld things they go off to modify.  I reminds me of the out-of-scale WH40K stuff.  The A-10 is a good case in point.  V tails on the engine nacelles couldn't happen because of the control mechanisms that have to be attached to give the aircraft control movement in that plane of reference and the use of two! Avenger guns in the wing pods tends to overlook the 'iceberg affect' of the barrels being only a component of the whole weapon, with drive assemblies, breeches and, perhaps most importantly, ammo feed & storage being completely ignored.

Whilst I appreciate this is for a game and few will look at it critically, it tends to belittle truly plausible whiffery in my opinion by completely ignoring any semblacnce of reality.

Regards,

Mav

ysi_maniac

ChernayaAkula

Good points, Mav!  :thumbsup: But you have to admit: 4 Avengers make an awesome racket!

Quote from: ysi_maniac on December 22, 2008, 05:44:15 AM
Quote from: Maverick on December 20, 2008, 01:46:09 AM
Avenger guns in the wing pods
IMO guns are in fuselage :smiley:

Akshully, you're both correct! :lol:

EDIT: ^ Good gawd, airliner landing gear!  :o
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

sotoolslinger

Well just to join in on the dumping party. Mav the control surfaces could be worked around with engineering and fly by wire. The wing guns could be smaller caliber  and feed from the wings . :wacko: My problem is what the hell are the fuselage intakes for :blink: :blink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

philp

Yep, gotta admit I was looking at the "cool" factor.

Tails are mounted above engines all the time (any single engine).  Maybe a little more of a fairing between would be more plausible.

The guns don't look anywhere big enough to be Avengers.  I put them as 20mm Vulcans and personally think the 2 in the forward fuselage are enough.

Course, I like several designs from Crimson Skies and there ain't no way those things fly with those big guns.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Nick

Quote from: sotoolslinger on December 23, 2008, 04:10:09 PM
My problem is what the hell are the fuselage intakes for :blink: :blink:

That would be for the third engine you can see poking out of the centre tail. It's the one that doesn't light up with an afterburner.....

Cool video though!

Wyrmshadow

Likes to re-invent the wheel
http://1wyrmshadow1.deviantart.com/