Your workbench in full glory

Started by Eddie M., December 21, 2008, 06:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat2

Here is a bit of a wider shot, with some Starfighters temporarily parked on the bench.

Wes W.

Rafael

Great setup, Tigercat

It's really amazing the variety of environments we create to make our whifing :bow: :bow: :bow:

Mods, it would be nice to have this thread as a sticky, if there's space for it.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Aircav

Here's mine at the moment, I'm looking after a friends house (plus 3 cats) while they are in Greece for 3 month.

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

wingman77

Hi Aircav....just curious....what are the plans for the -146s??

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

wingman77

............surely not the long-rumoured BAe-146-900ER?????   :o

JayBee

My workbench is realy in two parts.
One where I build etc which is in the spare room, and , the spray booth which is out in the garage, it vents to the outside.

JimB

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

BlackOps

My workbench as of this morning. I added some shelves yesterday to keep my paint up and off the table as well as keeping my in-progress builds close but safe.

As for the current mess on the bench, I'm in the process painting my Radio Controlled T-28, I've put a 1/48 Monogram T-28 in front of it for scale :)   I'm going to paint the 1/48 T-28 in the same scheme. I also tinted the canopy green using Future tinted with green ink.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

sequoiaranger

This is just the table I work on. I used to have a dedicated room for such endeavours, but now I have just a corner. My paints and tools are kept in a "library catalog card" cabinet with some 36 large drawers, and several moving boxes in the garage have many accessories. They are all STUFFED FULL. since much of the stuff is out in the garage, I wear a path to and fro.

At any rate, here is my current conglomeration of stuff I'm working with for my Grumman Gander. I'm 95% done with "construction" and am moving into the painting phase, so much of the sandpaper/tools/putty and glue will disappear.

No surprise to anyone that the workbench "evolves" during the project. I clean it up to "clear desk" after each model and leave it that way for a month or so (for "domestic tranquility" issues such as "you're always working on something and making a mess") before starting a new project.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Sauragnmon

Alright, time to show off my area - I think the last time she looked a little too clean, so here we go, new images.  This also includes the stash shelf behind me, and the back-burner shelf/finished products area on the opposite wall.  Note - the wallpaper was like this when we got the place, it was NOT my choice, I simply ignore it/cover it with a large soviet flag to my left.

So there you have it.  It's a small stash, but it's a good stash.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

sequoiaranger

I have a metal card-catalog file with little drawers in which I keep most of my modeling supplies--paints (organized by general color), glues, files, brushes, airbrush parts, grips, squeezers, masks, measuring devices, and other sub-categories. I was looking for mini-drills, tiny as wires, that I KNEW were on the very bottom of the bin and would be ridiculously hard to find, so I took the opportunity to take everything out, clean the bin, and take a photo of the contents.

The fullest one is the one I call "Blades", that encompasses anything with a blade, even if not sharp. However, whenever I put my hands in there I move VERY SLOWLY and carefully!!

Starting at about 12 o'clock are hypodermic needles (I have a legitimate medical use for them), below them are drift pins and pin-vices, mini-rotary hand drill, an indispensable spiral push hand drill, "razor" saws, spatulas, burnishers, and cuticle-removers, box-cutters and pocket knives, nippers (of which I keep one example that was used by roommates to try to cut nails and ruined), sheet-metal "scissors" (used for that and especially vac-forms) and various scissors from regular to surgically precise (for decals), (We're now at 6 o'clock)--various razors and scalpels, wood-carving tools, various-sized punches, dental picks and tools, and super-tiny drills. In the very center is a real bear claw that I took from a real bear I found dead in the woods. I have Moto-tool cutting accessories, too, but they are on an improvised magnetized rack to keep them handy and attached to something.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

seadude

The kitchen table for me. This was several months ago when I had started work on a 1/350 Enterprise carrier. But now, the carrier is put away in the closet while I work on the Habbakuk. I also bought one of those rolling carts with parts drawers.

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Eddie M.

I like the idea of the cart 'o' drawers with rollers. I'm gonna get me one! :)
Look behind you!