Your workbench in full glory

Started by Eddie M., December 21, 2008, 06:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Quote from: Desertpilot on December 24, 2008, 05:35:05 PM
This is my little corner of madness. I goes back and forth between life support shop and model mania.

Well, you have shown us the workspace - how about some of the creations from it newby.  BTW - welcome aboard  ;D.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

nev

Here's my garage - far too cold lately to go in there though, and the radiator doesn't even start to take the edge off the old

Pics 2&3 are the bench - far too untidy and cluttered for my liking right now.  When I finish my 190s I'm going to give it a "rationalisation"

Pic4 shows my spares boxes for parts, decals etc on the left and the JSDF stash on the right
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

nev

couple more shots of the display cases and the armour stash behind the freezer.  Rest of the stash is in the loft.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

B777LR

Quote from: Scooterman on December 23, 2008, 07:01:03 PM
ScooterWerks.   Yes it's that clean all the time.  I was a WRECK when Roger the Cabin Boy was here.  He's messy to say the least.

Wow, an Airbus DC-10 :wub: Show me some pictures! :o

Hobbes

Not that I've been using this for its intended purpose much lately:

Tools and supplies go here, mostly:

Finished models go on the shelves, plus some of the stash on the top shelf:

The rest of the stash is spread around the house:

frank2056

Quote from: nev on December 27, 2008, 04:36:32 AM
couple more shots of the display cases and the armour stash behind the freezer.  Rest of the stash is in the loft.

Wow, those Ikea display cases really are popular!

Eddie M.

I'm glad everyone is letting us into their "world" outside of the WIP & model photos. In other words, y'all got it going on! ;D

I would like to second the welcome to Desert Rat. I've seen a WIP he's got going and I hope he'll bring it over here for us to admire. :)
Look behind you!

GTX

Quote from: frank2056 on December 27, 2008, 08:26:06 AM
Quote from: nev on December 27, 2008, 04:36:32 AM

Wow, those Ikea display cases really are popular!

Got to get me some of those!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

G.Marcat

I clean it every two days, but at the end the chaos reign.

Green Dragon

I've not been a member for long but I finally got a Photobucket account and here's a pic of my workbench. Don't laugh!
I do most building sitting on my bed!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

John Howling Mouse

I think it's interesting just how far our range of building spaces go.  Even with such diversity in our backgrounds, something draws each of us to the task of putting plastic together to build miniatures of speculative craft.  Cool.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

BlackOps

Barry, I really thought there would be more cobwebs! ;D   
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

BlackOps

Quote from: Green Dragon on December 27, 2008, 01:16:44 PM
Don't laugh!
I do most building sitting on my bed!

Paul Harrison

Paul, until quite recently I did all my modeling at the kitchen table and had to clean it up after every session so I know your situation quite well. In my opinion it's all good!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Rafael

Well, I've been pretty busy since December 30,'08, when I finally decided to put an end to the messy disaster I formerly called "hobby room". With no budget at all, save for buying white paint, screws and shelf supports, I embarked in this endeavor a little at a time. I got rid of the ancient ugly pink (was it pink?) paint, and with no more money budgeted for this I went hunting for wood scraps to make my shelves for my books and models. The desk tops were given to me by a client, and the bench is a glass topped table where I will work my junk modeling from now on. Still a long way to go, but, hey! I have a more suitable, cleaner place to hang out, and even made a workplace for the missus in one corner. If the shelves look bent to you, that's because they're bent!!! after all, I found them for free :lol: :lol:

Saludos,

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

BlackOps

Rafa, you have been busy, who cares if the shelves are a little bowed, as long as they stay put and give you someplace to put your stuff all is good! It looks pretty good, mines a mess at the moment.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.