Your workbench in full glory

Started by Eddie M., December 21, 2008, 06:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeRugby

Quote from: Rafael on January 26, 2009, 12:01:59 PM
Quote from: BlackOps on January 26, 2009, 09:00:58 AM
Rafa, your supposed to build those kits not hide them!  ;D

Joe, that Man Cave is ideal!!!! The workbench, as Greg pointed out has that most necessary of all modeling installations: the belly-docking port!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :bow: :bow:

Rafa

I prefer the more delicate term of "power area" versus belly... ;D

ALL BLACK - ENOUGH SAID !!!

Martin H

Oh bugger it!  I supose i better show u lot my set up.

My dads bench on the right and the spray bay on the left.

Part of the stash on the right hand side of my bench.

The view that greets you as you climb up the ladder into the loft.

Some of the bigger kits store infront of my bench, Over the water tank.

More kits!

A partial view of my bench. Theres a cross beam running tru the loft, that my dad uses as a shelf for part built AFV's...hence the thing in the front of the pic.

The main stash area, along one side of the loft..that the compleat width of the house!!!! You can only see a fraction of whats there in this view.

Another bit of the main stash area.

Every bit of space gets used. this is under one corner of my bench.

A few of the larger kits

My remaining Airfix 72nd scale TSR-2 stash.

AS of these pics (jan 26th 2009) the stash stands at over 1200 72nd scale aircraft. My dads 76th scale AFV stash stands at around 200-250. Theres a small well hidden Sci fi stash of about a dozen kits, half a dozen 72nd scale boats and ships. Tons of 009 narrowgauge rail way stuff (dads) and about 15-20 kits of other scales.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Aircav

You'll end up with glass-fibre insulation in your lungs if you stay up there to long, just let me look after your stash till you get it sorted. ;D  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Martin H

not a problem steve. Got a pair of skylights fitted so its fully ventilated...and iget good natural light in the summer :)
Unfortunately,

Martin H

Unfortunately,

Rafael

Great setup, Martin!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: And a very good and varied stash :bow: :bow: :bow:

That IS a Man Cave!!!!

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Daryl J.

Will try get a picture of The Workbench this weekend as it sits in "Pack Up to Move" form.    The house gets listed Friday.  What a task.   :banghead: :banghead:

Daryl J.

cthulhu77

Took this with the newer camera, which is being returned tomorrow for an upgraded version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeKU_qUEXks

ChernayaAkula

^ :lol: Nice one!

Quote from: Martin H on January 26, 2009, 02:02:52 PM
<...>

My remaining Airfix 72nd scale TSR-2 stash. <...>

So that's where they went! :lol:

Where do you live? Have a sound sleep? And, um, do you have a dog or CCTV system? Alarms?  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

nev

Good grief Martin - what are you going to do with TWO Halos???

Chris - nice setup, but do you have another spare room ready for when little Falcon Jr & Falconette come along?  Otherwise its relegation to the TV tray for you my son!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Steel Penguin

i now know where all the 1:72 TSR2s went. im soooo glad i can show my wife this kind of pic, shes far more understanding after seeing outher "addicts" mess`s.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Martin H

For those wondering how I keep track of whats in the stash.  Simple. Its called an Excel spread sheet, that is stock checked about every 2 years to weed out any mistakes that have crept in. Mainly caused by me forgetting to book them out as I build em. And no. Copies are not available LOL

Quote from: Steel Penguin on January 29, 2009, 02:08:59 PM
im soooo glad i can show my wife this kind of pic, shes far more understanding after seeing outher "addicts" mess`s.

All part of the service

Quote from: nev on January 29, 2009, 09:00:54 AM
Good grief Martin - what are you going to do with TWO Halos???

At the moment Nev...No idea.

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on January 29, 2009, 08:41:40 AM
So that's where they went! :lol:

Where do you live? Have a sound sleep? And, um, do you have a dog or CCTV system? Alarms?  :wacko:

I sleep very soundly thank you for asking:)
I have access to more medevil fire power than most museums have access to LOL  U would be amazed at the size of hole an Arrow shot from a long bow will make LOL.

Any way ive only had 12 TSR's pass throu my hands. Unlike certain members of this forum who have seen a lot more than that enter their collections lol
Unfortunately,

John Howling Mouse

Martin, you truly need help with this insane addiction!  Admitting you have a problem is the first step in resolving your obsession.

Heh, heh...

Greg: nice video----you may have just set a youtube precedent as I've often wanted to show Whiffers here a model from a brief but comprehensive video perspective.
While photobucket can host videos as well as still jpegs, it seems to give full access to anyone who accesses the link where the video is stored.

Hmmmm....youtube, eh?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

cthulhu77

I am actually working on a youtube review, as well as one for the toilet paper water effect...hells bells, it is just faster than trying to write it all down and explain the quirks.

Daryl J.

This is what happens when you have to take a mandatory long term break from modelling:   The wife moves stuff in, and your own clutter goes into a furious mating season year after year with horrifying results:

Yes, it is 100% non-functional right now due to the extended time in disuse.

And about 1/6 of the stash the rest of which is boxed after being categorized and sorted....at least that is tidy:

That whole mess has to be packed up in approximately 2 weeks.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:cheers:,
Daryl J.