Your workbench in full glory

Started by Eddie M., December 21, 2008, 06:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

My workspace:

Just a little table in the corner, but it does the job. Tools and current projects on the table, paints/spares/parts etc in the little drawer thingies. Stash and bits and bobs are underneath, and spread around the place in various boxes. Starting to take up a fair bit of space...

Here's my display cabinet, just re-assembled. £25 from Ikea - just the job! No Whiffs in there yet, just snapped-together Gundam models, but my Spanish Tomcat will be in there once I fix it (dropped the bloody thing and broke lots of bits off :():

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Scooterman

ScooterWerks.   Yes it's that clean all the time.  I was a WRECK when Roger the Cabin Boy was here.  He's messy to say the least.

sotoolslinger

That's some nice beer you got there scoot ;D :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

frank2056

Quote from: pyro-manic
Here's my display cabinet, just re-assembled. £25 from Ikea - just the job! No Whiffs in there yet, just snapped-together Gundam models, but my Spanish Tomcat will be in there once I fix it (dropped the bloody thing and broke lots of bits off :():

I have two of those display cabinets - they're great, except for the fixed shelf spacing. I bought some acrylic spacers that were both inexpensive and almost invisible (the flash reflection from the edges makes them more visible):

Frank

Roger the Cabin Boy

Quote from: Scooterman on December 23, 2008, 07:01:03 PM
ScooterWerks.   Yes it's that clean all the time.  I was a WRECK when Roger the Cabin Boy was here.  He's messy to say the least.

LOL.  Guilty as charged!  And not forgiven for dropping a pin on the carpet.  (Brad found it, with his bare foot. Yeoowuch!!)  :o :o :o

Being as it's the year end, I may dust my Cabin, ready for 2009.  :thumbsup: Or should I just get on and finish some models...  :huh: 
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...

sotoolslinger

Well some models would be nice  :o Lazy critter ;D :rolleyes:
I amuse me.

Roger the Cabin Boy

Quote from: sotoolslinger on December 24, 2008, 02:59:19 PM

Well, I have just finished a couple of SAAF Dassault Falcons vacforms.  Read all about them over at www.ipmssa.za.org  including the  :o :o :o  scary price paid.
The future's so bright, I gotta wear NVGs...

pyro-manic

Quote from: frank2056 on December 24, 2008, 09:23:01 AM
I have two of those display cabinets - they're great, except for the fixed shelf spacing. I bought some acrylic spacers that were both inexpensive and almost invisible (the flash reflection from the edges makes them more visible):

Frank

Aha, that's exactly what I need! Where did you get them from?

sotoolslinger

Quote from: Roger the Cabin Boy on December 24, 2008, 03:12:50 PM
Quote from: sotoolslinger on December 24, 2008, 02:59:19 PM

Well, I have just finished a couple of SAAF Dassault Falcons vacforms.  Read all about them over at www.ipmssa.za.org  including the  :o :o :o  scary price paid.
Well that is just cool :mellow: Slick builds and neat AC
I amuse me.

frank2056

Quote from: pyro-manic on December 24, 2008, 03:35:22 PM
Quote from: frank2056 on December 24, 2008, 09:23:01 AM

Frank

Aha, that's exactly what I need! Where did you get them from?

From JMK Displays; they're in the US but I'm sure you can find acrylic risers in the UK; they're commonly used to display jewelry in stores.

Frank

pyro-manic

Thanks - I'll have to have a look round. :)

Desertpilot

This is my little corner of madness. I goes back and forth between life support shop and model mania.

John Howling Mouse

"Your workbench in full glory"?  More like "in full embarassment" especially the shop garage which I haven't even organized since we moved here July 2007!

Eddie wasn't kidding; I really did design our new house around a shared craftroom.  Here's my side, facing east:

Middle of the room:

And Ms. Hitler's side for sewing, facing west:

I use the attached garage as a shop for everything from airbrushing, building models, woodworking, mold-making, and kitbashing my truck.  If you look closely, you'll
see three fully-equipped modeling stations but they're covered in misc. debris.  I promised myself I'd organize this whole shop this Christmas break!

Even built in a sink!

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Modeling Nirvana! I see two Voodoo's out. Any plans you'd like to talk about?
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on December 25, 2008, 04:48:30 PM
Modeling Nirvana! I see two Voodoo's out. Any plans you'd like to talk about?

Let's just say I've been meaning to mate the old Lindberg XF-88 with Monogram's F-101 (is that legal?).  It's been done on here before (I think) but I can't resist doing that same mix...
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.