Your workbench in full glory

Started by Eddie M., December 21, 2008, 06:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Had a nice set up started after my oldest moved out.  He was gone for a year before he realized how good he had it at home and apartments aren't that cheap so he moved back in.  I still have the space but can't get any building done as the paint/thinner fumes aggravate his allergies  :banghead:.

The white bird in the back is my RN Bearcat still waiting for the masking to finish the stripes.

This shows a very small portion of the stash as most is regulated to boxes in the storage part of the basement and pretty much inaccessible till I try to clear it out a little this spring.  Some of my son's stuff in also residing in the clutter. But if you look carefully, you can find the kits I am planning on whiffing, one for the LSR and 3 options for the Trainer/COIN GBs.

So the current build location, much to my wives chagrin, is part of the kitchen table.

As you can see, sometimes LIFE interferes with building models.  :blink:
The white plane here is my Swiss He100 (also waiting for masking, I sense a trend) and if you look real close, you can find a stealthy bird I just finished as a review kit.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

John Howling Mouse

"Life" on one side and an ad for the "Bodyworks" show on the other.  You have the whole gamut covered on a single kitchen table!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I'm always a wee bit dubious about posting pics of my workbench, as folks immediately start howling about how clean it is.... well this time I'm making no apologies, this is how it looked this afternoon after I finished - and I do mean FINISHED - my R.W. MiG 17. Just had the flaps and aerials to add.

I work clean and try to keep my desk clean, it's just the way I am.

The eagle-eyed amongst you will have spotted my cartoon hero, Wyle. E. Coyote peeping over the top of my screen, nobody ever taught him how to give-up, that's pretty much the way I approach my modelling, but I gotta say that bl**dy Alpha Jet is getting very close to beating me !  You may also notice the Airfix Super Mystere, just retrieved from the loft and hoping to join our Falcon's Cold War SIG in time for Cosford in April !

Ian

PS
Y'all know I spray in a shed at the bottom of the garden, don't you ? - and that is a h*ll of a mess ! :blink:
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

John Howling Mouse

Yeah, Ian: it's not so much that we don't believe you keep things this clean when you model, just that it's a clear sign that you must be in league with some powerfully unnatural and dark forces.... 

;D

frank2056

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on February 13, 2009, 01:59:08 PM
I work clean and try to keep my desk clean, it's just the way I am.
Y'all know I spray in a shed at the bottom of the garden, don't you ? - and that is a h*ll of a mess ! :blink:

You're a sick man! Claiming that the shed is where the messy parts are just isn't cutting it with us.

C'mon... just spread some plastic parts on your desk at random...

John Howling Mouse

He's right.  And a tin of paint or a couple of tools here and there would help suspend the disbelief...

bluedonkey99

....maybe the  desk is actually a cunning 1:1 scale of "whif" of a spotless desk....., I've heard rumours they exist?

( i once had a clean desk in the 80s when i started work, even now when i start somewhere new i had to spread random paper work on it or i get desk based Agoraphobia ! - same applies to my home computer/model desk, obviously one always has unfinished models to place on the desk as soon as that last twist of the allan key comes out the hand)

Dork the kit slayer

No thats the way it is,  :thumbsup:Ive seen it.............................now his storage cupboard,stash and  swops are a whole different story.  As it says on old nautical charts "there be dragons"

PS. Unlike the rest of we "great unwashed"   :drink:the "Hunter" doesnt spray in the same area. Just off the East wing in the lower forty acres he has a game keepers cottage that contains his spray shop and the seven masking elves he uses for those alright in the right light if you squint paint jobs some people like.  :wacko:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Ian the Kiwi Herder

So that will be you walking to Huddie tomorrow ?

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on February 14, 2009, 06:27:14 AM
So that will be you walking to Huddie tomorrow ?

Ian

I thought you sending your man round in the carriage and four

philp

Looks like my wife may get a chance to work from home shortly so you know what that means, clean out the storage area so I can set up a desk for her.  The one advantage was I was able get all my kits out of boxes and up on shelves, same with most of my reference material.  Found out I have 8 boxes of paperbacks (mostly scifi and fantasy but a few military ones too) but no room to bring them out yet.  Gotta get one of the kids to move out.

So first up, most (but not all) of my reference books:

Next a blurry overall shot of the stash:

Next up, a couple of Shuttles (one belongs to my oldest) with Opus keeping them company and 72nd WWII:

72nd armor and floaty stuff:

72nd big kits and some Sci Fi:

Rest of the 72nd WWII, the 48th scale planes I have left and what's left of my 35th scale stuff:

72nd Modern:

Rest of the modern aircraft, rest of the Sci Fi and what autos I have:

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

GTX

I humbly offer my services to help you in your predicament - i.e. I'll take your stash off you :wacko:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

BlackOps

Quite a respectible stash  :thumbsup:  Now get rid of those kids and get busy!  ;D
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Dork the kit slayer

What stash???  :blink: :blink:All I can see is a Revell Hawk  missile battery, an early Hasegawa Neptune and a Heller Warning Star. Im blind to anything else.
As one of our number said...get building........or trading :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

tigercat2

Here is my workbench, in the "model room" with a Tigercat in the works.  Have not yet decided the exact scheme, although it will be ADC grey, probably white tail and nacelles, with USAF markings circa 1960 or so.  This is the Monogram 1/72 Tigercat, with props from the 1/72 HobbyBoss Typhoon.

Wes W.