Your workbench in full glory

Started by Eddie M., December 21, 2008, 06:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

Here's Allan's grotto in suburban Canberra.
An Italian elderly family friend makes his own white wine and sells it for a very moderate cost if you don't mind drinking it from somewhat peculiar bottles from time to time!!!!!
Allan

ChernayaAkula

This is my Workbench 1.0. Hope to have Workbench 2.0 ready for release in a few days.   :party:
As can be seen, my Workbench 1.0 is also my PC desk (for one of the PCs, that is). So I have to drag the modelling stuff out and store it after modelling. Tedious. That's why I need Workbench 2.0. Workbench 2.0 will feature a stand-alone user surface (code-named D.E.S.K.) with enough storage space below and to the sides, ample lighting and so on. Also, as it will be a dedicated modelling desk, I can just let the stuff lie around without having to worry about cleaning the mess for access to the 'puter.

A royal mess, but at least there are enough lamps for shooting pics. :lol: At the lower left-hand corner is my airbrush spray booth. Scattered around the desk and floor are various bits of Rafale kits.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

nev

Cluttered, PC on desk, no sides to PC!!

Yep, I think you win Moritz!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

The Rat

Quote from: Sauragnmon on April 11, 2009, 04:55:35 PM

I've got one of those 'Mr. Noodles' kits too, thousand of parts that all look the same and no instructions, decals or painting guide.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Weaver

Well the only problem with my normal workbench is that it's in the uninsulated attic, so working up there in the current cold weather involves either frostbite or a heating bill big enough to build some of these things for real. However, we re-arranged the front room for a party that still hasn't happened due to snow/travel problems, so for the moment, I have a mobile modelling setup (courtesy of Ikea boxes) semi-permanently set up on the dining table (which we almost never use for dining).

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

ChernayaAkula

You really like those Trumpeter "Paper Panzers", don't cha? : ;D
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

lancer

At least you lot have got workbenches at the minute. Mine still has to be built! Ah well, won't be long now.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Steel Penguin

hopefuly this will be the 1st of a spread of pics tonight ( thank you Chris)
my workbench in all its cluttered glory
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Sheeesh. I thought mine was messy  ;D

Better tell IHG not to look  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Eddie M.

An artist at work. I like it because it looks like mine. Something always in progress. ;D
Look behind you!

Steel Penguin

actuly that is the tidy version, i realised i needed the space so  it got moved round and consolidated last week. :blink:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

sudzonic

Hear is my currant set up..

Its in the spare room there is a big more space since i moved my two bikes out of there.. :lol:
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

Gondor

Seeing as several others have added their benches I thought I better add mine.

Rather messy and I always manage to leave about 20% of the amount of work space I need for the build I am working on !!

Some of my stash is also visible.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

John Howling Mouse

Love it, Gondor!  You can tell you are fully immersed in doing what you love at that bench.   :cheers:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.