Gun camera footage of a Ju-87 firing 3.7cm cannons

Started by Aircav, December 21, 2008, 10:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

jorel62

WOW!!!!! I've never seen that film before. It was something.

philp

Neat to watch but doesn't appear to be the most accurate weapons system.
Looks like 2-3 shots to hit the target.  With a 6 round clip in each gun that equals approx 2 kills per mission (when they don't shoot back).  Course, once you hit it...

Makes Rudel's total even more impressive.

Wonder what the accuracy was with the Hurricane with the 40mms?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Allan

Actually I have a CD Rom full of stuff like that.
I wonder how I can provide copies to interested Whiffers from this site.
Allan in Canberra

Maverick

Simplest way Alan, would be to offer it up with a small cost to cover the media & your time, etc.

Regards,

Mav

GTX

Quote from: Allan on December 24, 2008, 12:29:10 AM
Actually I have a CD Rom full of stuff like that.
I wonder how I can provide copies to interested Whiffers from this site.
Allan in Canberra

I'd be interested.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

pyro-manic

You could also create a bittorrent file for it, and offer it for download. A pretty simple process, and it might be easier (certainly cheaper) than shipping copies of a disc all over the world.

As to the vid - now that's firepower! :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Allan

Actually I came across one bloke in Florida who was after a pilot interview that is quite hard to acquire and as luck would have it that interview can be found on my CD. I offered to make a copy and send it to him in exchange for cash in an envelope to cover me for copying costs and postage.
Never heard from him again after sending the CD. Still waiting for his dough even after sending him an E-mail or two.
SSSSOOOOOO, while I'd be agreeable to getting copies made I think I would be well advised (advising myself on this occaslion) to ask for full reimbursement before copying takes place. Reimbursement meaning Aussie cash in an envelope to fully cover me.
I'll have a think about this over the holidays. If anyone is interested please PM me so I can make a list of punters.
What's on the CD and how did I get it? I found out about a bloke in Queensland who has lots of German wartime newsreels and asked himto put together one video for me containing all the airplane material he could scrape together, including medal ceremonies, gun camera footage, pilot footage and the like. It's quite impressive, but also bear in mind it's on the Aussie format, which might be a problem for European /US viewers.
Allan in Canberra

nev

Quote from: philp on December 24, 2008, 12:19:48 AM
Looks like 2-3 shots to hit the target.  With a 6 round clip in each gun that equals approx 2 kills per mission (when they don't shoot back).  Course, once you hit it...

Makes Rudels totals even more impressive

Actually I watched it and thought "no wonder Rudels totals were so over-inflated", all you have to do it hit with 10 yards of the target and you get a giant plume of smoke/dust/water and claim a kill.  Rather like the enormous totals claimed by P-47s in the west - lots of sound and fury from 8 x 50cals, but as for actually destroying a Tiger....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

GTX

Quote from: nev on December 25, 2008, 11:45:33 AM
Quote from: philp on December 24, 2008, 12:19:48 AM

Makes Rudels totals even more impressive

Actually I watched it and thought "no wonder Rudels totals were so over-inflated", all you have to do it hit with 10 yards of the target and you get a giant plume of smoke/dust/water and claim a kill.  Rather like the enormous totals claimed by P-47s in the west - lots of sound and fury from 8 x 50cals, but as for actually destroying a Tiger....

Actually, the Luftwaffe had quite strict rules for claiming kills - in many ways, stricter than the Allies.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

nev

Supposedly so.  Still didn't stop Marseille being credited with 17 kills in a day when RAF records show not a plane lost on that date.....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May