Surrendered Croatian 109G-10 **FINISHED** for now

Started by HOG, December 21, 2008, 04:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOG

Hoyhoy`al

Another blast from my past. I started this way back before the Me262 Wasser Flug but got bored scrapeing off details from Tamiya etc figures. I`ve now taken up battle again and retreved this from the back of the shelves in an attempt to finally finish it while working on a late 109 GB on another website. The original intention was to finish this representing the photo of the real a/c as seen at a USAAF base in Italy in `45, but my limitations now convince me to complete as being around the time of the photograph.

The last time you saw this it looked like this

and now some figures have been painted and added as below with some new conversions in the works.

Around 20 - 25 figures should give it that busy feel so I`d better get on with it.

Cheers  :drink:
Gary

H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

matrixone

Very nice 109!

Great job on the figures too, they are something I dread to paint! :o

Matrixone

HOG

Hi`s again,

Figures are easy. In reverse to all the modelling books etc I tend to paint the flesh colours last. Block paint areas in acrylic, lighten colour and drybrush to bring out detail, lighten colour again , and again to taste. Wash with very thin oil/enamel and white spirit mix to show detail. A final touch up to creases on clothing etc with lightened base colour. Even the faces are done much the same but with skin tone washes over an acrylic base coat. Finally paint in details etc with a fine brush.

If it would help I`ll do a WIP with photo stages on some of the figures if you like just let me know?

Gary
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

philp

Looking good HOG.  I am also planning a Croat 109 (72nd scale) as well as a Hungarian one.  Never cared much for the plane as they all look the same but love putting them in other countries markings for my all countries at war plan.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

BlackOps

Gary, It's lookin' good. I'd like to see some "how to" shots for your figures, You get amazing results!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Brian da Basher

I don't think I've ever seen detail painting finer than that 15th A.F. insignia on the back of that figure, HOG! Amazing!!!
:bow: :bow:
Brian da Basher

matrixone

Hi Gary,

Yes I would like to see some of your in progress work on the figures, I will be looking at this thread with interest. :bow:

Matrixone

HOG

Hoyhoy`al

Philip- Yep your never short of a colour scheme or nationality choice with a 109. One of these days I must get around to the Finnish G-6 racing scheme.

Brian- Just don`t look at it to closely, I`m hoping to lose him in the crowd.
M1 & Blops- Your`ve stimulated my ego, watch this space.
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

HOG

Hoyhoy`al

Finally got some figures done for this and another 10 in conversion or near finishing, but they take soooo looong to do.

One small problem I`m having is with parachute harness. In the original photo the Occifer standing on high has 4 bomber crewmen standing in front. Has anyone got a good clear view they can post or know of a good reference source?

G
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

matrixone

Gary,
The diorama is coming along very nicely and those figures look great!

Matrixone

HOG

Hoyhoy`Al,

Like Paddington I`ve been at a bit of a loose end regards modelling, so like life I`ve dived back in on something I`m not to keen on ...figures.
I bought a box of the Tamiya generals simply because they wer`nt attacking or killin` anyfink and like all good ociffers standing still waiting for the sarg`nts to win the war. The top pic is how they come and the lower how they ended up.

As you can see not much happened to Eisenhower but Pattons joined the Air Force and is great buddies with MacArthur. Poor old Monty`s in a bit of a sulk cos` he`s gone from Field Marshal to grease monkey. Since taking these pix painting has started and the one below finished since I last showed you him. Quite pleased with fashion restyle from German infantryman to USAAF bomber crew.

Oh well only about another 10 or so to go, must do some of the lower ranks seen milling around the front of the plane like in the photo.

Cheerz  :drink:
G
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Eddie M.

I'm sure glad you came over here and share your work with us. It's art in action to me.
Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Hog your excellent figure painting managed to distract my wife from one of her favorite idiot box programs :thumbsup: She actually made me scroll back so she could look at them again. :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

HOG

Hiya Eddie,  Really happy to be here and forever grateful for the invite. And Ron my figures made many a woman miss her favourite TV show . Please compliment your wife for me on her most excellent sense of taste and interest. :o ;D :blink:

Cheerz  :drink:
G
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

noxioux

There ya go, raisin' the bar again. . . :wub: :wub: