Surrendered Croatian 109G-10 **FINISHED** for now

Started by HOG, December 21, 2008, 04:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOG

Quote from: noxioux on March 13, 2009, 03:37:32 PM
There ya go, raisin' the bar again. . . :wub: :wub:

Sorry I never intended raising any bar, happy just to be leaning on one :cheers:
Cheerz  :drink:
G
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

HOG

Hoyhoy`Al

Five more figures painted and added and still so much empty space. Will this ever be finished  >:(

G
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

Well ,yeah , that's pretty bad.  :wacko: When are you gonna do something really interesting ;D :lol: :rolleyes:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

HOG

Hi SoToo`

"When are you gonna do something really interesting "

Wish I had the time, gotta get this done for early May in the FSM groupbuild, have the LRC GB to finish for here, then theres the walkymechy thing to finish, assorted others and now I`ve committed meself into helping a pal who's producing a series of stop-animation SciFi shorts by building the hardware and backdrops. I keep telling him that I`m not a professional modeller anymore, and he just say`s "thats ok then, I won`t pay you" Mind you when I do  get a few minutes peace I might have a go at a modern jet just to show you how to do it properly  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously it amazes me how you not so much bash kits, but crash them and by force of will power, change them into the shapes and designs that only you could dream.

A bit like Magneto but more plasticky
cheerz  :drink:
G
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

sotoolslinger

It's a good thing your on the other side o the pond .I think my wife likes you more than me ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

cthulhu77

Ya'll should get a room ! Chuckle.

That dio is really smoking hot, wonderful work.  I also like how the tones are to scale, not so bright.

HOG

Quote from: sotoolslinger on March 20, 2009, 07:15:24 AM
It's a good thing your on the other side o the pond .I think my wife likes you more than me ;D

`Sokay Ron, Us southern Hoggs have a high sense of family values and besides which if my wife found out I`d be like the definition of a ballrace. A tomcat with a fifty yard start on the vet.  ;D
G

ps anyone know of a good source of info on bomber crew parachute harnessessessess?
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

HOG

Hoyhoy`Al

Some more figures done and Ron if your wife's in the room look at this later  ;D

Considering the three walking figs started out like the ones below I`m quite happy with the results, and the MP is a variation of the Patton figure from the Generals set.

Just six more to go and that definitely it! Really bored with figures.
G
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

HOG

Hoyhoy`Al
Firstly an admission of errors. I thought when I had started this that the 109 had surrended to a field (Falconara in Northern Italy) operated by the 15th airforce but have since found this:-
"Monday, 16 April 1945
  USAAF Chronology: MTO Tactical Operations (12th AF): In Italy, during the night
of 15/16 Apr, A-20s and A-26s hit Po River crossings, the towns of Vignola, Zoeca, and
Sassuolo, and several targets of opportunity in the Po Valley; during the day medium
bombers bomb bridges on the Reno River near Bologna, blast troop reserve areas SE of
Portomaggiore on the British Eighth Army front, and attack troop concentrations S of
Portomaggiore; fighters and fighter-bombers concentrate most of their effort on close
support targets in the US Fifth Army battle area S and SW of Bologna.
  445th BS War Diary: Much excitement created on the line today. A Messerschmitt 109
landed at base. No one observed it en route because it circled the field and dropped right
in. The pilot was a Yugoslavian serving in the Luftwaffe. Two theories are advanced;
(1) that he was lost and low on fuel, (2) that he just "threw in the towel". Perhaps reason
No. 2 is more likely. "   
and further more although all my reference books give this aircraft as a G-10 newer sources refer to it as a G-14AS, But what the heck to late to worry now.
The last lot of finished figures have been added to the dio` and the last batch (for this session at least) have been started.

and at last it`s starting to look a little busy. The next batch of figures will include the people standing near the officer as shown below and at least two of them are in full gear with parachute harness and I think these are going to be the hardest conversions so far.

so wish me luck. The figure on far right is next up for alteration and has his appointment with Dr Dremel for drastic plastic surgery. Onwards and outwards.
All comms and crits welcomed,
G
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Vulcan7

wow superb builds & dio Hog  :o :ph34r: :thumbsup: :tornado:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Allan

Masterly work, Hog, just so deft and impressive.
Figures terrify me. I'd never have the confidence to tackle one.
Allan in Canberra

PR19_Kit

Could start a new dance trend, Pin Vice dancing!  :lol:

Widly impressive work, on all levels.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

HOG

Hoyhoy`Al

Just a quick pic of problem solving. I`ve been trying to `do` the harness for some figures and have had trouble lining up my usual paint-on model filler gloop so that the straps meet. 10thou card to thick and inflexible. Tissue/Ciggy papers soaked in liquid poly to delicate. Recently I went shopping with S.W.M.B.O and found a new to me make of masking tape. It came in either a blue crepe paper type (very similar looking to the blue tape modellers across the pond use) at about 1" wide and a smooth white plastic type around 1 3/4" wide. Both grip well and so far peel away with no problems with prepainted surfaces. Their branded with the name Mamoth and at my local .99p shop cost cost .99p each funnily enough. Anyway I cut the blue crepe into thin strips and applied to the figure as below and then painted the gloop over this, just one coat so far and hey-presto perfectly joining straps. Another coat and a quick scrape over with a scalpel and I think I might of cracked it.Mind you looking at how tight the real harness cuts in it`s no wonder pilots etc talk in such squeaky voices.  ;D
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

HOG

Hoyhoy`Al
Just a quick update. The next batch of figures are done with just 2 more to go (HURRAY  :party:) and these should all be on the base by the weekend. The figures in para` harness came out reasonably well and now thinking of some dio debris to fill out the blank spots. Also some sort of arid vegetation to dot around, so hopefully this will be semi done by next weekend.

Comms & crits welcomed
G
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

HOG

Hoyhoy`Al
Just thought you might like to see the last batch of finished figures on the base and the beginnings of dio debris.

Now it`s begining to look a bit more busier like the picture, and with just the last two figures, more clutter, some vegitation and the Clarke tractor to finish another ten days at most should see this finally done.
G
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )