"The Great Race" that wasn't!

Started by Glenn, December 21, 2008, 07:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

With that 'Great Race' between Bugatti, Caudron and Payen for 1940, that never took place...this is for them! It would have been great to have built all three of the aircraft, but no, I only have the third one, and that's been modified! With its beefed up undercarriage, three bladed prop and extended canopy, (silly me decided to add a pilot to the kit, then I couldn't get the bloody canopy in place)....bugger! Anyhow, we no longer have 'The Arrow', now its 'The Bolt'!
The Bugatti would make a beautiful model, a bullet fuselage, wing built into the fuselage, 'Y' tail with a pusher prop......my kind of aeroplane.
Photo : 1 of 5
Glenn

John Howling Mouse

Cool.  Your caption reads "Photo 1:5" but then no more pics?  You tease!!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Glenn

OK Chief, 2 of 5....banking, hey you wouldn't know of anyone with the plans of the Bugatti would you?
Glenn

cthulhu77

Very fantastic ! Love the speedy look.

Glenn

3:5..this is the last 'in air' shot, the next two are on the ground.

Before I forget, "Merry Christmas" to all, have a good one!
Glenn

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Glenn

As I write this, its12:20 PM, I've just had Christmas lunch, and half a bottle of wine..and I'm lucky to see the page! This is the first of the 'ground shots'. After the Payen, I have something different coming up.
Glenn

Glenn

5:5  now unless I butcher something else, to make a 'would be' Payen, this article is closed!
Glenn

Brian da Basher

That's just wicked cool!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher