Model A Ford pickup (sort of a whiff in a technical sense... :D)

Started by puddingwrestler, December 21, 2008, 10:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

I guess my Hot Rod and Custom Car modeling counts as What If modeling. Mostly consist of the question 'What if I owned that? What would I do to it?'
So...
What if I actually owned a Model A Ford pickup? Well... this is basically what would happen (except I'd porbably go with a more modern power plant than the flat head, but I don't have any spare modern power plants...)

Build Thread here for details.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: puddingwrestler on December 21, 2008, 10:17:10 PMI guess my Hot Rod and Custom Car modeling counts as What If modeling. Mostly consist of the question 'What if I owned that? What would I do to it?'

So...

What if I actually owned a Model A Ford pickup? Well... this is basically what would happen (except I'd porbably go with a more modern power plant than the flat head, but I don't have any spare modern power plants...)

Maybe time to get creative and give it cold fusion power?  Got to be something to cobble together from the parts box that could be stuffed inside that tiny engine compartment.  What company produced that kit? 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

cthulhu77

puddingwrestler

Revell's latest re-issue of the '29. The 'Good Guys' version, not the 'Rat Rods' version.
Engine is from AMT.

Jeffry Fontaine

One of the first car model kits I acquired back around 1966 was the AMT Model T kit which was a "Three in one kit" so it had parts for the truck, sedan, and a hot rod.  Molded in black plastic and chrome. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

noxioux

You know, electric cars were quite the thing at the beginning of the automobile's history.  Perhaps an alternative history bent, where Henry Ford focuses on electric powered cars for the masses, instead of gasoline powered cars.

GTX

Quote from: noxioux on December 23, 2008, 07:18:46 PM
You know, electric cars were quite the thing at the beginning of the automobile's history.  Perhaps an alternative history bent, where Henry Ford focuses on electric powered cars for the masses, instead of gasoline powered cars.

Now that could make for an interesting alternative history.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

puddingwrestler

Yeah, but not as cool as the last couple of Stanley Steamer cars from the 1930s- the pinnacel of steam auto technology, they required very little time to warm up, and at one stage, held the LSR.