RAR Leopard 2A6 WHIF

Started by barraxr8, November 19, 2008, 08:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barraxr8

Quote from: batmancustoms on October 10, 2009, 09:39:52 PM
Holy crap!  Damn awesome! :thumbsup:

Thanks John !

Hopefully it'll really come good with the weathering and other finishing touches...   :party:

ie: Dust, scratches on the side skirts, etc, etc.  :wub:

Cheers   :cheers:

Paul
OddBall: "It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers"

Kilgore: " I love the smell of napalm in the morning ...The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory."

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)

sudzonic

Looking fantastic Paul nearly there now  :thumbsup:
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

ChernayaAkula

Whoa! I think it's safe to say that a Leo 2 has never looked that good before! :wub:     
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

barraxr8

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on October 11, 2009, 08:20:46 AM
Whoa! I think it's safe to say that a Leo 2 has never looked that good before! :wub:    

Thanks Scotty, Moritz,

the key is now going to be in getting the wash and pigments right  :banghead:

I've ordered some MIG Vietnam dust pigment to get some more red in the dust I apply. I'll need to wait until that arrives, but I think it'll look good with that red 'North Aussie' dusting  :tank:

Cheers

Paul
OddBall: "It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers"

Kilgore: " I love the smell of napalm in the morning ...The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory."

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)

barraxr8

Testor's Dullcoat Lacquer clear is on backorder  :banghead:

I need to apply a coat of this before I can do the first wash. I'm told it'll be a little while before it's available  :rolleyes:

I'll start on my T-72B I think and put the hull, roadwheels and tracks together while I wait  :blink:

Cheers

Paul

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Last time we were in Germany, a transporter came-in to the lay-by where we were stopped. It was carrying two Canadian Leo's and YES they were seriously intimidating that close up!!

That's great work Paul, looking forward to seeing the weathering process.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

barraxr8

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on October 16, 2009, 01:18:35 AM
Last time we were in Germany, a transporter came-in to the lay-by where we were stopped. It was carrying two Canadian Leo's and YES they were seriously intimidating that close up!!

That's great work Paul, looking forward to seeing the weathering process.

Ian

Cheers Ian,

Yes the Leopard is a monster isn't it ?

The Dullcote is in the mail, so I should have it about Tuesday.   :thumbsup:

I hope to have the weathering done next weekened  :wub:

Paul

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)

barraxr8

A bit of an update...

Wash done, and the first bit of dusting finished.

I gave the lower hull a coating of Mig Pigments (mainly side skirts), but still need to do more on the fenders and add a touch more 'red' to the wheels and tracks.

I may give the upper hull and turret a spray also.. I need to think about that.

The Turret still needs the two MG's and the peri, as well as the doors for the gunners sight.

BTW: one of the LHS smoke grade launchers broke away - I need to stick that back on.

The dozer blade will be fun when I get around to it       :)

Cheers

Paul

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

barraxr8

Quote from: GTX on October 31, 2009, 11:45:30 PM
Looking good!

Regards,

Greg

Thanks Greg.

I'm not happy with the dust on the skirts, I need to tidy that up with some Q-tips and some turps.    >:(

Cheers

Paul

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)

Mossie

Yeah, very nice & convincing too. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sudzonic

Looking good paul. :thumbsup:

barraxr8

Another pic.

More work on the weathering to be done......

I originally was going to make this beast quite clean, but after seeing the dust on the Aussie AS1's in Northern Australia in Michael Cecil's "Battlefield Leopard", I though I'd give it a "real dusting".

Cheers

Paul

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)

sudzonic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Yep that's just right in my eyes !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)