RAR Leopard 2A6 WHIF

Started by barraxr8, November 19, 2008, 08:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barraxr8

A bit of an update.

Work started on the Whiffa Leo.

Next steps willl be all the other AM bits for the turret, then painting the lower hull, tracks and wheels.

Cheers

Paul
OddBall: "It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers"

Kilgore: " I love the smell of napalm in the morning ...The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory."

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)

ChernayaAkula

I really like where this is headed!  :wacko: :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

General Zod

Paul

That Leo is looking great It looks futuristic  :thumbsup:
Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

barraxr8

Quote from: General Zod on January 09, 2009, 03:26:12 PM
Paul

That Leo is looking great It looks futuristic  :thumbsup:

Thanks General !

It's got  a few state of the art mods, inc: additional Front Hull / Glasis armor. 2A6M modifications, inc comm's equipment (not yet added). etc.

I'm not far away from painting.

Cheers

Paul
OddBall: "It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers"

Kilgore: " I love the smell of napalm in the morning ...The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory."

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)

Captain Canada

Beauty. That's going to be one sweet looking Leo !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

barraxr8

A bit more done.

Turret baskets, Comm's & spoke grenade launchers.

Next thing to do is the tracks, weather them and the wheels / lower hull before attaching the 2A4 (early type) skirts.

Then the painting starts ont he Camo  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Paul

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)

Mike Wren

barraxr8

Quote from: Mike Wren on January 13, 2009, 05:33:32 AM
very nice  :tank:

Thanks Mike  :smiley:

I've just finished putting the tracks on the beast - so I've weathered the lower hull, put a wash on the wheels and fitted them, and obviously painted the tracks.

Here's a pick of the tracks:

They were painted with a mixture of Tamiya Buff & Flat Earth (50 / 50). I created the worn look from the road wheels and on the wheel guides with a Graphite B8 Pencil, and dry brushed the tips of the guides with Tamiya silver.

Since the picture was taken, I've sprayed the tracks with a Testors 'Flat Clear Coat' and put a brown wash over them before putting a little Mig dust on the rubber blocks (no pic) which are painted Nato Black.

Tomorrow, I'll put a bit of Mig Europe Dust on the wheels and attach the side skirts. I'll post some pics of the lower hull then  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Paul

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)

barraxr8

Tracks wheels & skirts fitted.

A bit of dust to go on the tracks after everything is finished..........

Now I think I'm going to add a 50 cal to the Commanders Cupola - I need to scratch a ring mount though  :banghead:

Cheers

Paul

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)

Sauragnmon

Looking good so far man, the tracks are beautiful.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

barraxr8

Quote from: Sauragnmon on January 15, 2009, 02:08:01 AM
Looking good so far man, the tracks are beautiful.

Thanks mate !

A little more progress today, the MAG 58 fitted for the loader, and a new ring mount added to the commanders cupola for a 50 cal. I was thinking about using the Tasca cradle mount (just sitting there on the picture without being glued) but it's a bit primitive. I'll be using a "Pintle mount" from an ASLAV PC (from my spare parts box  :smiley: instead).

Here are some more pics (it's coming together nicely..........painting is close):

Cheers

Paul

The Bench:
ASLAV-25
Leopard 2A6 Aussie
Strv 122 (Kit Bash)

Mike Wren

that's looking really good now...  :tank:

ChernayaAkula

Was at the LHS just the other day and they had a Hobby Boss Leopard 2A6EX and the AFV Club overhead weapons station. Took quite some mental strength to not buy those straight away and use the dozer assembly from a Trumpeter Chally 2...  :lol: ...such a cool project!  :bow:

Looking forward to seeing this in colour! :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?