Delta 100

Started by sotoolslinger, December 24, 2008, 02:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafael

Oh, yea, Mirage blue...... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

sotoolslinger

Otay decision made nifty blue and gray :wub: :thumbsup: ;D
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sotoolslinger

Okay this is going to get paint this week so I figured I best come up with the loadout :wacko:
Looking pretty cool

and the loadout

I amuse me.

BlackOps

Ron, I like the load out, looks quite business like, can't wait to see her with her make-up on  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

sotoolslinger

Should get paint on today :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

cthulhu77

That'd bring a world of hurt !!!!

Ed S

looking good.  But there are a couple problems with the loadout.  (not to be a JMN) Putting any kind of ordnance behind a rocket pod is not a good idea.  The back blast from the rocket motors is not good for bombs...  Also, the GBU-8 TV guided bombs wouldn't work very well behind other ordnance.  They have to view the target for a visual lock-on prior to dropping.  All they would see here is the back end of the rocket pod in front of them.

The model is great.  I can't wait to see it painted and decaled.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

sotoolslinger

Quote from: Ed S on February 03, 2009, 07:57:11 AM
looking good.  But there are a couple problems with the loadout.  (not to be a JMN) Putting any kind of ordnance behind a rocket pod is not a good idea.  The back blast from the rocket motors is not good for bombs...  Also, the GBU-8 TV guided bombs wouldn't work very well behind other ordnance.  They have to view the target for a visual lock-on prior to dropping.  All they would see here is the back end of the rocket pod in front of them.

The model is great.  I can't wait to see it painted and decaled.

Ed
Well Ed I am glad you like the model but you are working off several faulty assumptions. First the rocket pods have built in deflectors so that the exhaust vents to the side and at an angle  :rolleyes: but this is not really nessessary as the bombs hang much lower than the rocket pods.....Also those are not GBU-8's , they merely have a superficial resemblance to them . They are in "reality" :blink: RCA (Rafael Carton Armaments) FUT -500 infrared targeting armor piercing bombs. You would know this if you had bothered to consult the RoT aerial weaponry manual. ;D :lol: :rolleyes:
I amuse me.

Ed S

Quote from: sotoolslinger on February 03, 2009, 12:42:10 PM
Well Ed I am glad you like the model but you are working off several faulty assumptions. First the rocket pods have built in deflectors so that the exhaust vents to the side and at an angle  :rolleyes: but this is not really nessessary as the bombs hang much lower than the rocket pods.....Also those are not GBU-8's , they merely have a superficial resemblance to them . They are in "reality" :blink: RCA (Rafael Carton Armaments) FUT -500 infrared targeting armor piercing bombs. You would know this if you had bothered to consult the RoT aerial weaponry manual. ;D :lol: :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Dang.  Another manual I missed the update on....

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Brian da Basher

Yowsa Toolslinger! It looks flawless!!!
:bow: :bow:
Brian da Basher

Rafael

.......RCA - Rafael Cartón Armaments - Press release:

Caracas, sometime ago (Classified).

Following the signing of a Moe :lol: (memorandum of understanding), between the ROT authorities and Moe Gómez, RCA's International Trade director, for the research, development and sale of a new free-fall, guided weapon for the ROT's Airforces and STS's Surikata Works, the first samples of this item have been delivered to the client. After a very thorough testing program, the ROT has finally accepted the weapon for own use and sales overseas, and given the weapon the name of FUT-500. The FUT-500 is a very state-of-the-art weapon, including a red-rocket's-glare sunglass windshield for its sensor package, and equipped with cardboard (Yum!!!) control surfaces, which save weight and can be cut in numerous lovely shapes to the varying tastes of the end users. The acronym FUT comes from RCA's FUT early development, when the plant's workers used to play FUTbol (soccer for our northern users) with the empty shells of the product............

Rafa
CEO, RCA
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

sotoolslinger

Good camera angles :rolleyes: ;D Painting right now :thumbsup:
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

Quote from: Rafael on February 03, 2009, 01:23:37 PM
.......RCA - Rafael Cartón Armaments - Press release:

Caracas, sometime ago (Classified).

Following the signing of a Moe :lol: (memorandum of understanding), between the ROT authorities and Moe Gómez, RCA's International Trade director, for the research, development and sale of a new free-fall, guided weapon for the ROT's Airforces and STS's Surikata Works, the first samples of this item have been delivered to the client. After a very thorough testing program, the ROT has finally accepted the weapon for own use and sales overseas, and given the weapon the name of FUT-500. The FUT-500 is a very state-of-the-art weapon, including a red-rocket's-glare sunglass windshield for its sensor package, and equipped with cardboard (Yum!!!) control surfaces, which save weight and can be cut in numerous lovely shapes to the varying tastes of the end users. The acronym FUT comes from RCA's FUT early development, when the plant's workers used to play FUTbol (soccer for our northern users) with the empty shells of the product............
SEE ED I told you :lol: :rolleyes:
Thanks Rafa :thumbsup:

Rafa
CEO, RCA
I amuse me.

John Howling Mouse

Can't you manage to fit some sort of armored turret under there, too?   :wacko:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Weaver

Don't know about dancing pants, but you're going to have a dancing centre of gravity halfway through dropping/firing that lot!  :wacko:

This is yet another STS build I could do a sort-of 1/72nd tribute to, since I have spare Mystere IV and a couple of Mirage IIIs..... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: (Super Mystere B.2 would be better though....)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones