MASHATU Huey

Started by John Howling Mouse, December 25, 2008, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Bloody hell - that spotlight's incredible!  :bow:

I'm looking at those ammo feeds too: got several gunships in prospect and the urge is there to do all the interiors.

This is great stuff JHM - keep it coming!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ed S

Great work on the detail, JHM.  The ammo belts should look great once they're on the helo.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

ChernayaAkula

Nice stuff, especially the searchlight! :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Captain Canada

Wow ! Some great work, Baz ! I love that spotlight as well....makes me want to go and build one !

Keep the updates coming !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

That spotlight is a work of art!  I maintain that that is the kind of modelling you love the most, because the effort that goes into those little bits is a real labour of love.

twin 50cals rule.  As for ammo belts, Lemonjello had the bright idea of using tie-wraps on his Osprey gunship which looked most effective (I instantly pinched a couple from work and stuck them in my spares box in case I ever needed them ;) )
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

kitnut617

My stuff pales compared to your work Barry, there's no contest.  Wonderful job  :bow:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

cthulhu77

Nice stuff !  I like to use computer printer cables for the gun ammo belts, but they probably wouldn't have been long enough for this build, and the way you solved the problem is quite convincing.   :cheers:

noxioux

That spotlight is great.  And the ammo feeds for the .50's, well that's pretty darn good too.  You're doing some really great work here. :wub:

And I had to resist saying, "That spotlight. . . . is brilliant!". :blink:

BlackOps

Barry, you have no idea how good it is to see you back at the bench!  :thumbsup: The coolness factor of this build is already well on it's way up the scale :bow:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

BlackOps

Uh Oh! I sure hope those poachers aren't that stupid! Great teaser JHM!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

M O D 'S

If you're out there and reading this, I would liketo propose that you immediately change Barry's signature to:-

"QUEEN OF TEASE !"
I thank you.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Hey! I got that same pair of tweezers :blink:
Sorry I am so embarrased by my meager modeling skills it was all I could come up with :o :rolleyes:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

kitnut617

Oh Yeah !!!!!!  Come on Barry --- show the rest of the photo set    :wacko:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike