Canberra disaster! Assistance needed.

Started by van883, December 27, 2008, 09:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

van883

I thought it would be a good idea to pull apart and refurbish an ancient Airfix 1:72 scale Canberra. Unfortunately the kit was rather brittle and did not respond well to my ham fistedness!  >:(

I am in need of some parts for this wreck-namely the main and nose gear doors for the the wheels up option (Airfix provided gear doors both wheels up and down). Hopefully someone will have some lying about (I think the B57 parts will do). I hope to install the old vac form Aeroclub nose that can be seen next to the remains.

I suppose i should throw it away-but I like a challenge. I also have a High Planes B.2 Canberra on the go-huge amounts of flash and only fits where it touches....
I hope someone can help.

ta

Van

nev

Well, I'm pretty sure the fuselage can be fixed with good old superglue and filler.  As for the gear doors, how about some thin plasticard?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

mcollazo

It isn't a total loss, I've repaired worse.  TigerCat is right with some sheet styrene you can rebuild the doors.  worse case do you can sculp a mold out of balsa and hot form them.

Good luck

Manuel
Manuel Collazo
Licensed Minister of Stewardship Education and Development
Christian Church in Florida (Disciples of Christ)
895 N. Jericho Drive
Casselberry, FL  32707
Phone:  407-699-5036
Cell:       321-946-0453
Fax:        866- 739-9257
email:   manuel.collazo@mac.com