My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Hobby Lobby has 30% off models this week so stopped by after watching District 9 and picked up the Academy Preditor kit in 72nd for my USCG Lifeguard version.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

NARSES2

Airfix 1/72 Canberra's PR9 and B (I) 8 arrived yesterday

Also the Azur/Frrom 1/72 SM-79 JIS/JRS. SM -79 with Jumo 211's. Looks really nice. Loats of internal detail and the plastic is that lovely mat grey stuff that looks as though it's been pre primed  :wub: Will be real world
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Some nice 1/72nd decals...some for whatiffery (Meteors, etc) some real world (RAF Beau). :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

ChernayaAkula

Taking Nev's advice, I got two 1/72 Hasegawa Kawasaki T-4s in the "plain" boxing. Now I've got enough squadron badges for dozens of JASDF whifs. Muahahahaha!  :wacko:

Now I just have to find out which badge goes on which type/role.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

JayBee

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on August 17, 2009, 11:06:44 AM
Quote from: JayBee on August 15, 2009, 08:19:39 AM
Revel, re-boxed Beaufighter. Bring on the SCW group build.

If you're talking about the 'vintage' 1:32 kit then you're going to be new modelling hero, Jim

:bow:

Ian

Don't be silly Ian, what a ridiculous big scale! You have to put SOOOOOO much detail in one of them.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

nev

Popped into the LHS today, they'd had their delivery of Airfix 1/72 Cranberries on Monday and had already sold out of the B(I).8 and I got the last PR.9!  Looks like a nice kit, although the panel lines are quite heavy.  I will be taking it with me on holiday next week as a way to pass time in the evenings.

Quote from: MoritzTaking Nev's advice, I got two 1/72 Hasegawa Kawasaki T-4s in the "plain" boxing. Now I've got enough squadron badges for dozens of JASDF whifs. Muahahahaha!   

Now I just have to find out which badge goes on which type/role

Any questions, you know where to come :)  In the meantime http://www.scramble.nl/jp.htm is a great start.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Green Dragon

Thanks for posting that JASDF info site Nev, very useful and bookmarked. :thumbsup:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

ChernayaAkula

Yeah, what Paul said.   :thumbsup: Most excellent site and a bookmark now!  :cheers:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

From ebay:

Airfix 1/72nd Harrier GR.7

Monogram 1/100th Snap-Tite F-15.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

quite a bit this week.....

another airfix canberra B8 and PR9. these two for wiffing.
italeri [nee amt/ertl i think] KC-135R/FR

also a much delayed parcel from the big h, which has one way and another taken 5 weeks to reach me  :banghead:
Keeper of George the Cat.

ChernayaAkula

One Hasegawa 1/72 AV-8B+ Harrier in an Italian Navy boxing. I got this kit, because I found it cheap and it is OOP for a while. I fully intend to build that Italian Harrier as a real world build one day, but maybe I'll whif the kit first. Maybe one of those RAAF Harriers...

I also got an Academy P-40M/N to be used with Revell's L-a5FN to make that cool mash-up Greg posted. :wacko:

Cheers,
Moritz

AeroplaneDriver

Froom eBay:

1/72 Captain Scarlet Angel Interceptor from some manufacturer I'd never heard of.  Basic kit, but nice, with the added bonus of an extra 1/100 Angel kit in the bottom of the box!   ;D

Hase 1/72 FB-111A
ProModeller 1/72 Spit MkVb
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

nev

Packet arrived from Big H today - only ordered on Sunday.  This is warp speed 9 for Hannants!

Inside were a couple of masks for 1/72 Mig-21F-13 (which has been stalled awaiting them) and Mi-26

And the ginagerous decal sheet (or sheets) for the Mi26 Halo.  I only want the Indian markings, so anyone who wants anything else off it, PM me and we'll see if we can come to an arrangement
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Weaver

Bumper crop today, for various reasons:

From the local hobby shop:

Airfix 1/72nd Canberra B(I).8 : Not sure I want to use this for the only whiff I have in mind, but I was weak: Baaaaa!

Airfix 1/72nd Canberra PR.9 : Baaaaaa, Baaaaa!

From a friend who deals in old toys, rather than kits:

Smer 1/24th Alfa Romeo 1950 Alfetta
Revell 1/144 Super Constellation
Monogram 1/48th P-38: for sale or trade
Monogram 1/48th P-47D: for sale or trade
Fujimi 1/48th P-51D: for sale or trade

From ebay:

Esci 1/72nd Merkava Mk.1

From Hannants (in reasonable time too  :thumbsup:):

1/72nd Vultee Vengeance. Strange Russian re-box of (probably) the old Frog kit. Cheap and basically okay, but the canopy is hideous. However, see below.

Special Hobby 1/72nd Vultee V-11 in Soviet service. For SCW build. This version is in the sale, but the armed Turkish version isn't. However, I'm please to report that this version DOES include all the armament options, even though they arn't shown on the box art.  :thumbsup:

ZTS Plastyk 1/72nd PZL-37 Lós. For SCW build. Cheap and basic: looks okay in the box though.

Falcon 1/72 vacuform canopy set no.30: US aircraft in foreign service. Bought it for the Martin B-10 canopy, but the Vultee Vengeance one will now have a home too.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Martin H

a pair of Airfix cranberrys have been rehomed from the Midland air Museum tonight. One of each version.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.