My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on September 06, 2009, 02:20:32 AM
[Interesting suggestion re the canopy: I take it you mean spray paint onto decal film and then cut strips from it? It occurs to me that you could do that on the fixed sections and then use painted tape (as is done for seatbelts) on the sliding sections to give the impression of the "step" between the two. This would work for the main canopy, but it would be difficult on the gunner's shield, since it has a rather Russian look to it, with very thin semi-circular frames.

That's it. I've used it on a lot of canopies with a mass of framing - Lysander etc. Works very well onstraight lines - just go slowly and use plenty of Klear to seal at each stage
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Revell 1/72nd Hawker Hurricane FREE courtesy of the Daily Telegraph.

Interestingly, the cover art shows a 12-gun  Hurribomber with 2 x 250lb bombs, but the kit has neither of those features, nor the serials shown.....

Details here if you missed them:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,25863.new.html#new
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Barry Krell

I got the Spitfire yesterday for a mate and one look inside revealed that it's the nasty rivetty old tooling that barely resembles a Spitfire.  The Hurricane is very likely the nasty 60s tooling also.

Not quite an addition but recycling.  I found an old Airkit Spitfire F22 lurking in a box and it's now being blasted with Fairy PowerSpray to remove the paintscheme.  Got a few schemes in mind (esp. a Dark Sea Grey/Dark Green over PRU Blue) but not entirely sure what I want to do with it!
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

chrisonord

Tonight from the main man himself Thorvic  :thumbsup:
Revell 1/72nd scale A-10, 1/72nd scale, Italeri SU-24, 1/72nd scale Revell Mig-1.44, and a 72nd scale PST T-54, and he also gave me some resin bits for my SHADO builds....which is very nice :cheers:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Ian the Kiwi Herder

For this years' Real World major project - I always try to do two majors' one RW on What If each year (last year I did a RW P-40E and the Swedish Hawk for the What If) - From Hannants, just got a set of Quickboost resin exhausts and IJA seatbelts in 1:32 for the Ki-61 I won last week off eBay, also got a pair of 1:48 Pavla MB2 seats for my Airfix Canberra - and they are superb mouldings, very nice indeed. If you have a big Airfix Cranberry I'd highly reccomend them.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Bungle

Not been too active on the procurement front since the wife placed an embargo on modelling purchases. True I did help Gunfighter out with a few bits as he was in need of the cash but generally I haven't been out of my way to buy anything special. Then like the London bus not one but two come along in a week.....

From the USA via Ebay and $33 (just over £20 including the postage) I received today the following vacuforms....

ID Models Avro 707A,
a Sutcliffe TU14,
a Combat Hobbies Mig 9,
a TWR Models T39 Sabre Liner SRS40,
a Marfix PZL I-22 Iryd
and a Squadron XF85 Goblin.

While these are generally all about shape and not detail and require you to source the cockpit and undercart they are not to bad. But the Marfix I-22 is a little gem. Superb casting as good as any injection kit and of a subject matter I was not too familiar with. I actually bought the auction for the T-39 Sabre Liner but the PZL is certainly the star.

If anyone is interested in the 707, TU14, MiG9 or Goblin let me know.

Next to add to my delight I logged on to ebay in boredom and with five minutes to go spotted, bidded and won a Hasegawa Convair F-106 for £3.50 + postage. I been after one of these at a decent price for years ! Now to get the F-102 to go with it.

Happy days
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Weaver

From ebay, a two-in-one package of a Bf 109 K-4 and a T-28 Trojan, both Heller in 1/72nd, for the princely sum of £4.74 including postage..... :thumbsup: :cheers:

Bought it for the T-28 (which I've always liked), which I've seen too many of go for silly money...

- Indiana Jones

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Weaver on September 07, 2009, 08:53:17 PM
From ebay,  a T-28 Trojan, Heller in 1/72nd,

Two words...... N O S E   W E I G H T  !!

I packed mine with fishing weights, behind the engine, under the cockpit floor and even in the wing leading edges. It works, but it's bl**dy heavy !!

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Weaver

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on September 07, 2009, 11:32:00 PM
Quote from: Weaver on September 07, 2009, 08:53:17 PM
From ebay,  a T-28 Trojan, Heller in 1/72nd,

Two words...... N O S E   W E I G H T  !!

I packed mine with fishing weights, behind the engine, under the cockpit floor and even in the wing leading edges. It works, but it's bl**dy heavy !!

Ian

Cheers - it might get turbopropped actually, which would make space for more weight.

- Indiana Jones

JayBee

[/quote]

it might get turbopropped actually, .
[/quote]

RW or WhIf ?
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Weaver

Quote from: JayBee on September 08, 2009, 01:45:31 AM

it might get turbopropped actually, .

RW or WhIf ?

Almost certainly Whiff, but along the lines of the Taiwanese job. Just a vague notion: no firm plan.

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Yesterday from the BIG H Special Hobby 1/72 Fairey Fulmar. Looks very nice and as it will be RW means my SMER one can now get it's float.

Today from MZ Holborn Italeri 1/72 SM81 Pipisrello. It's the old Super Model kit but you wouldn't recognise it ! They've done a great job on revamping the moulds and the detail is now nice and crisp. Great transfer sheet as well.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

From ebay: Matchbox 1/72nd Polikarpov I-16. Nice, delicate detail for a Matchbox kit: The Trencher is not in evidence anywhere!

- Indiana Jones