My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

that will be because its a Revell kit
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 08, 2009, 08:31:06 AM
Yesterday from the BIG H Special Hobby 1/72 Fairey Fulmar. Looks very nice and as it will be RW means my SMER one can now get it's float.

Now that will look superb.... Post war ASR scheme, perhaps ?

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

I was thinking of a Catapult Flight aircraft aboard one of the Battleships.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Or a Biggles one from "Biggles In The Baltic", where they fly floatplane multi-seat fighter bombers. Biggles has the aircraft all named, his is "Willie-Willie"  :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

Quote from: Martin H on September 08, 2009, 03:49:56 PM

Interesting - it's a "Revellobox" box, i.e. black with orange stripes and branded "Matchbox". I thought those were all Revell re-issues of Matchbox moulds after the latter folded?  :huh:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Today arrived my "care"package from DeathJester :lol:
I did a trade with him for some of my surplus stuff, and got these in return.
AMT 1/72nd F-4e
""      "" F-16, sans canopy
Revell 1/72nd scale Flitzer, this going to be a pusher turbo prop COIN bird.
Also in the box was a load of various and quite interesting decals and some HARM's....which is nice!!
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Green Dragon

Quote from: Weaver on September 09, 2009, 04:12:55 AM
Quote from: Martin H on September 08, 2009, 03:49:56 PM

Interesting - it's a "Revellobox" box, i.e. black with orange stripes and branded "Matchbox". I thought those were all Revell re-issues of Matchbox moulds after the latter folded?  :huh:
That range also included, as well as some of the older Revell kits, EX Frog kits like the Arado Ar234B/C and, I think, some ex Otaki 1/48th WW2 fighters.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

McGreig

Quote from: Weaver on September 09, 2009, 04:12:55 AM
Revell's "Matchbox" range included the ex-Frog Do-335, Ar-234 and Me-262 (but not the original Matchbox Me-262 kit), the ex-Monogram (Snaptite?) Mi-24 Hind and AH-64 Apache, the ex-Revell A-20 Havoc nightfighter, I-16, PBY-5A, and (I think) Fiat Cr-42, and the ex-PM Yak-15 and Go-229. There are probably more that I don't remember. They also sold a 1/200 Boeing 737 and a 1/48 Spitfire which I think was originally Otaki.

My memory is that the prices of these kits were relatively high, especially in comparison to those that were simultaneously available (such as the PM kits) from other manufacturers and Revell appeared to be trying to use the Matchbox name to sell a lot of older kits at premium prices.

Martin H

Quote from: McGreig on September 09, 2009, 06:01:54 AM
My memory is that the prices of these kits were relatively high, especially in comparison to those that were simultaneously available (such as the PM kits) from other manufacturers and Revell appeared to be trying to use the Matchbox name to sell a lot of older kits at premium prices.

I seem to recall pretty much the same thing.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

anthonyp

Finally got my shipment from my motherland!!!!  (I'm a direct descendant of only Polish immigrants to the USA in the late 19th century...  sorta unique for an American after 120+ years of my family living in the US)

2 x 1/72 TS-11 Iskra
1 x 1/72 PZL 230 Skorpian
1 x 1/72 PZL 130 Trainer

Have no plans for any of them, but have already started on the PZL 230.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

NARSES2

Emhar 172 Heavy Tank Mk IV Female and a Whippet light tank. Plan 1919 can now begin
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

a revell 1/72 Heinkel He70 Blitz was added to the shash today  :mellow:
its radial engine will be used in a yet to be named project, and the 2-bladed prop will be going to an RW Belgian Hawker Hurricane Mk.1
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Weaver

From ebay:

Dragon 1/700th H.M.S. York (Type 42 batch 3) Premium Edition. LOTS of nice extra bits on the ex-Skywave weapons sprue........... :mellow:

Revell 1/72nd P-36 Hawk. Unboxed and cheap.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

thedarkmaster

Lovely Revell Saab Draken, no idea what I'm going to do with it, never had one before, but may go Southern European or North African !
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

B777LR

Quote from: thedarkmaster on September 11, 2009, 01:32:00 AM

Lovely Revell Saab Draken, no idea what I'm going to do with it, never had one before, but may go Southern European or North African !

How about:
South Africa
Brazil (in that nice grey-green scheme)
US Air Force
Australia
India