My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Wolfpack Resins F-15DJ detail/update set for the Hasegawa 1/48 kit.  Incredible package with the best instructions I have ever come across in a resin detail set (2 sides of full-colour photos).  Bodes well for their forthcoming TSR2 set.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Daryl J.

3 Cutlasses have arrived:  2 Lindbergs for whiffing, 1 Hobbycraft for scale kitting.

Daryl J.

Aircav

Back from my trip to sunny Lancashire, a mate (Paul) and I called over to Transport Models in Preston and I came away with a 1/48 MPM Aero L-39C, a 1/72 Hasegawa Sea Harrier plus a Wills Farm house (I bought the farm, I'll get me coat) from the railway side of the shop. I did see the new 1/48 Canberra B.2, so thats out now.
Then we drove onto the Ship pub in Freckleton for lunch which over looks the approch lights to BAe Warton, didn't see anything flying in or out, I think half the staff was in the pub for lunch. Then on to Skipton to Craven Models and picked up some Aber PE uniform sets for 1/35 German soldiers and a 1/35 Tamiya Jeep, had a bit of a wander round Skipton and found a small second hand book shop which had a few aircraft books but I got a railway modelling book for a fiver then off back home.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Weaver

From ebay: PM 1/72nd Messerschmitt "Me P-1111" (isn't that a contradiction? either it's a P-xxxx project or an Me-xxxx production aircraft... :rolleyes:) 'Cos it was, like the best women, purty an' cheap...... :wacko:

Nicer than the other PM kits I've recently bought (which isn't hard). Decently clear canopy but no jetpipe or intake blanks, which really matters on this one as you can see clean through the nose because of it. I'll probably build it straight, although I might finish it in "ghost grey" to go with my Flitzer, seeing that I've got leftover decals....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Aircav

Just picked up a 1/32 Academy F/A-18C Hornet plus a aftermarket Verlinden ejector seat for £55 all in, to good to miss  ;D
Some of the weapons, Mavericks and 1000lb LGB's will be handy for the F-16 I've got  :thumbsup:

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Mossie

Airfix 1/72 Alpha Jet, from The Model Shop in Hull.

This one has been looking down from the shelf at me with puppy dog eyes since before Christmas.  I finally succumbed & took it home with me!  The hard part was convincing the missus to let me keep it.....
:drink:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Aircav

Found and ordered some Zotz decals for the Swiss Tigermeet F/A-18, J-5011  to go with the 1/32 Academy kit.  :thumbsup:

Sir Sydney Camm

Nick

Despite a promise to myself to not buy anything and concentrate on selling my unwanted kits, I succumbed at Milton Keynes!

1 magazine, 1 book and 1 kit.

Take Off mag.11, articles about TSR.2 and the AC-119 Stinger. 10p.
Stealth Warplanes by Doug Richardson. Great artwork of proposed designs as seen in 1990. £1.

Super XA-68 B.C.E. COBAE Helicopter. Yes you did read that right. Yes, it is made in Taiwan.
This is in fact a knock-off of the Blue Thunder! Oh yes, I have a kit of the most lethal flying machine ever created! The most powerful and quietest helo in the western world! :cheers: ;D
They knocked it down to £5 while I looked at it.

Howard of Effingham

hmm, modelkraft......

AMT/ERTL EC-135C 'looking glass'
pegasus EAP
pegasus swift FR5
airfix TSR2 [thanks jester!  -_-]
hasegawa F-16C
hasegawa F-18C
fujimi RF-86F
project x vacform of the HP88!!!!!!!!

several decal sheets inc. a very nice MA/TAW new one for the US coastguard

Keeper of George the Cat.

TsrJoe

just back from a lil work trip to Londonium, a visit to Hannants yielded ...

1/32 Hasegawa Fw.190D Dora
1/144 OzMods Mig15UTI Midget
1/72 Special Hobby Ju.87A Stuka
1/35 Italeri SWS. half track
Hitlers Wonder Weapons vol 1 (my original copy is getting dogeared)
oh and some Xtra acrylic paints

Harrods toy department ...

1/76 Airfix Bloodhound x2of (these were marked down as old stock!)  :wacko:

joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

NARSES2

Only bought the one kit at Milton Keynes (spent most of my time locked in the judges room - thanks Martin  :banghead:). Anigrand 1/144 Fw 261.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

oh come on Chris!  You enjoyed it realy  LOL

Finaly arived home from MK via south wales (family funeral).

only got 3 kits

Aurora "Learjet" Commander biz jet.
MPM Sikorsky R-4B
Wingnut Republic XP-72.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Nigel Bunker

Just a few kits picked up from under the tables at MK:

Matchbox Mosquito
Matchbox Chinook
Airfix Puma (updated version)
Special Hobby P-59 Airacomet (Thank you Mr McEvoy)
Some old Modeldecal sheets (Good value at £1 each even if Triple Zilch was missing from the F-100 sheet)

Also Italeri 1/35
LAV-25 TAU
MLRS

And I even returned with unspent money - an experience i do not want to repeat.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

chrisonord

not really an adition to the stash but a swap formy Revell memorial flight thingy.
Airfix Mirage 2000 (yep another one)
and Revell F-14 Tomcat.
Added bonus, the Mirage had a tenner hidden in the instruction sheet.
Which is nice
An Italeri F-22 and a Hobbycraft V-22 from Nick on this here asylum er I mean forum.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

nev

Postlady Pat brought me a nice Airfix 1/48 TSR2 yesterday - its got a very big box!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May