My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

LOTS of decals today....

1/72 Sky's Decals IAF F-16 tail markings - so much stuff, wouldn't be surprised if oe or the other ended up on a whif.
1/72 Isra Decal F-16I Sufa -  also real world, but so many left-overs.....   :wacko:
1/72 Isra Decal F-15 A/B/C/D Baz - may end up on a Revell Eurofighter, probably in the Eagle scheme of two greys.
1/72 VF Decals for VF-101, VX-9 and VX-30 Tomcats - destined for a Super Hornet or two - Grim Reapers F/A-18F and VX- 9 "Vandy 1" F/A-18F  :wub:.
1/72 VF Decals for VF-101, VX-9 and VX-30 Tomcats (yes, got it twice  :rolleyes:)  - destined to go on an F-8 Crusader (Crusader on steroids - uprated engine, avionics, armament, in TPS scheme)
and
1/48 Sky's Decals IAF F-16 combo with all the tail marks and a stencil sheet - these will end up on a 1/48 Revell Eurofighter, but in the F-16 IAF ground-pounder scheme.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

Today I very gladly received a bag full of goodies from Alan AKA, Dork the kit slayer. I met both him and Ian the gatherer of Hunters at my LMS, which is Transport models in Preston. Two very nice guys to meet and chat to, thanks again Alan for the bits. :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Chris. 
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

pyro-manic

My Revell (Dragon) 1:700 Invincible arrived today. Not sure what will happen yet, but I have several possible projects in mind.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

Saw the new Revell 1/144 Tornado GR Mk.1 and the 1/72 Sd.Kfz.251/1 with Wurfrahmen 40 "Stuka zu Fuss" at the LHS today. Couldn't resist, now, could I?  :rolleyes:

Both kits look really nice. The Tornado is the relatively recent kit with some British extras thrown in. You get the Sky Shadow pod, two Hindenburger tanks, two ALARMs, two 1000lbs Brit Paveways and four 1000lbs GP bombs. EDIT: Strangely enough, they missed the characteristic chin pod housing the LRMTS.  :banghead: END OF EDIT Markings are for a No. 27 Sqn bird with large yellow and green triangles on the wings and fin.
Figure those weapons will look quite nice on other 1/144 builds in need of British weaponry. The RoG 144 Hunters only came with SNEB pods, so those 1000 pounders will come in handy for a bit of variety.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

General Zod

Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

proditor

All 1/700

2 Spruance hulls, 2 Independence CVLs.  Ya know for someone who likes big guns as much as I do, I have an awful lot of flight deck stuff planned.  Heck, even most of Battleships end up with them...

sideshowbob9

LHS:

1/72 SMER Fw-190D-9
1/72 Academy Fw-190D-9

ebay:

1/144 Academy B-29
1/72 Art Model Bv 155
1/72 Airfix Tornado GR.1

thedarkmaster

from eBay

an etched fret of aerials and antennas
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

ChernayaAkula

The DHL guy was busy again today....  :rolleyes:

From Lucky Model:
1/35 Hobby Boss ZTZ-99B current Chinese MBT (digi-camo!) - looks rather nice in the box.
1/48 Skunkmodels Israeli weapons set # 1 - to arm that 1/48 IAF Typhoon.
1/48 IsraDecal Mystere IV - these will end up on an Israeli Sabre, although I'm not sure yet about Sabre or Sabre Dog (cannons, not rockets) and camo (NMF, blue/brown over grey or the IAF camo we all love).

From Hobby Link Japan courtesy of their no-shipping-fees offer:
1/144 MYK Design decals for P-47D Thunderbolts (including Dave Schilling's) - they will end up on a Thunderbolt - but an A-10 Thunderbolt II!  :wacko:
1/144 MYK Design decals for F-22 Raptors on Kadena AB
1/144 MYK Design decals for Mitsubishi F-1s of the 1994 Tac Meet - lotsa Japanese shark-mouths!  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Spey_Phantom

2 new ones added today

-revell 1/144 F-15A "Tigermeet"
-revell 1/144 F-4E/J Phantom.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Green Dragon

New today from ebay.
Hasegawa YF-16
Matchbox HS125-600
Polar Lights 1/1000th Klingon D-7 Battlecruiser
Revell Me262 (Kit No.4119, from before the mould got damaged)
Revell 1/32nd AH-64 Apache (Prob for Dropship kitbash)

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

nev

Moritz......I would hate to be your credit card right now..... :banghead:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ChernayaAkula

:lol: Yeah! The poor thing is getting a good workout these days. But it won't have to suffer much longer. It'll go into a well-earned retirement at the end of the month.  ;D The replacement is already trembling with fear! :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Howard of Effingham

RoG 'tiger meet' set comprising a 1/72 mirage 2000C and an RF-4E.

the mirage comes with some durandals and will be real, but the RF-4E is for wiffing.
Keeper of George the Cat.

thedarkmaster

Got an Airfix HMS Fearless gratis today.........my first ship kit ever.........want it to be Brit, any other ideas ??
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz