My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

won a few things on evilbay two nights ago,...............as the seller was local i went and collected last night and saved on the postage........whole lot came to £23...........the f14 was the princely sum of £3.45!....couldnt pass it up....i was only after the lightning and the ju52 but kind of got carried away  ;D

.............hes a very naughty boy!
allergic to aircraft in grey!
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time........Bertrand Russell
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ......Edmund Blackadder

frank2056

I just got the two Trumpeter "Private Military Company" (PMC = Blackwater) 1/35 scale figure kits. And a Hobbyboss 1/72 F-84E; hard to pass up at $4.

Radish

All 1/72nd....

2 x Revell/Italeri DC-3/C-47
Airfix/SMER/etc... Fulmar
A-Model MiG-9L...think Biggles in the Gobi :drink: :party:
Revell 1/118th Martin PBM-5 Mariner :wub:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

Quote from: Radish on October 29, 2009, 10:21:23 AM

A-Model MiG-9L...think Biggles in the Gobi :drink: :party:

You'll love it. No, really...................
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Green Dragon

Today I got an anime style Cheesecake Nose Art decal sheet from Starship Modeler in the States and two Revell/Hasegawa 1/48th Dassault Falcon 10's. One might be turned into a delta winged COD plane not sure about the other.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Weaver

From ebay in the last couple of days:

1/72nd Matchbox Saab J-29F Tunnan
1/72nd Esci Sea Harrier FRS.1
Tamiya scribing tool
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

frank2056

And today I got the Trumpeter M1117:

and the Trumpeter 1/144 Me262A-2:

Which is a very nice kit in 1/144. It has a rudimentary cockpit, an optional open nose cover that shows off the nose guns and a  kettenkrad

Weaver

Quote from: frank2056 on October 29, 2009, 08:35:13 PM
Which is a very nice kit in 1/144. It has a rudimentary cockpit, an optional open nose cover that shows off the nose guns and a  kettenkrad

It has a Kettenkrad under the nose cover?  :blink:  ;D

- Indiana Jones

JJC

well i've been to 3 'the works' branches know and not one had any models and the staff didn't even know of any!
KEEP THE VULCAN FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weaver

Quote from: JJC on October 30, 2009, 01:07:24 PM
well i've been to 3 'the works' branches know and not one had any models and the staff didn't even know of any!

I think the managers have a lot of discretion to choose what they order. Also, at least in the Stockport branch, it can be very hard to find stuff: the kits were stacked under a table, jam packed in with half a hundred other similar-sized things in colourful boxes, and it's one of several tables. I walked past them three times before I spotted them.

- Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

another academy F-18A in 1/72, its such a nice kit  :wub:

also the new airfix spitfire IX, which as i have the PR19 as well might see if i can
modify the mark IX to get a PR XI with a little cross kitting.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Barry Krell

A small blowout with the contents of a jar I'd been saving for a rainy day.  Well, it's now pouring and out it came.  Day of the Spitfire - a pair of the new AZ mk Is (pricey!) and four of the new Airfix IX.  Then to top it off, a CMK mk I on ebay for little more than a tenner (saving £15 on the Hannants price)  Top banana!

In addition, there was a set of Airkit Spitfire HFVII wings from ebay and a parcel of part started projects from one of the guys on Britmodeller.
Aston Martin  - Power, Beauty, Soul.

Spey_Phantom

after seeing James May and the gang build the worlds largest airfix spitfire mk.1, i went out and got one for myelf, only thing is its a 1/72 version  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Radish

7 x plastic bats.....vampire types, wings for the use of. :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

JayBee

Quote from: Radish on November 01, 2009, 09:48:28 AM
7 x plastic bats.....vampire types, wings for the use of. :thumbsup:

One assumes they are DeHavilland :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!