My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Quote from: Overkiller on November 01, 2009, 09:52:46 AM
Quote from: Radish on November 01, 2009, 09:48:28 AM
7 x plastic bats.....vampire types, wings for the use of. :thumbsup:

The mind boggles....

You think thats bad? wait till you see the Coventry & Warwickshire display next week end
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

lancer

I only went out to get a couple of paints for my 1.44. I also came home with the Airfix Alpha Jet as well..
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Martin H on November 01, 2009, 12:02:32 PM
Quote from: Overkiller on November 01, 2009, 09:52:46 AM
Quote from: Radish on November 01, 2009, 09:48:28 AM
7 x plastic bats.....vampire types, wings for the use of. :thumbsup:

The mind boggles....

You think thats bad? wait till you see the Coventry & Warwickshire display next week end

yeah, them modellers HAVE got a surprise coming their way.....  ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

JJC

italeri- 1/48 MIG-27 'flogger D' they are selling them off at 'modelhobbies' at £8.44 so quite reasonable compared to RRP!
KEEP THE VULCAN FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChernayaAkula

Bought a Revell (Condor/MPM) 1/72 Fw 189 Uhu today. At 20% off, I couldn't resist. Will be heavily modified/cut-up/bashed to within an inch of its life to make a WWII Luftwaffe jet-engined WH40K IMPERIAL GUARD VALKYRIE! :wacko: Twin booms, MG81 defensive positions, glasshouse canopy, dropping a squad of paratroopers..... Still wondering about which and how many engines to use and how to mount them. :unsure:

For reference purposes, I ordered one of those Valkyries from the UK, which, including shipping, is still about 33% cheaper than buying it in a GW store here. :banghead: Same goes for most GW stuff. I figure they once used the exchange rates for pricing the stff here in Germany and stuck to it, but with the strong Euro/weak Pound, ordering from the UK makes it cheaper.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

ChernayaAkula

Argghhh, seems I caught the Warhammer bug. Really bad.  :rolleyes: Got a Warhammer KHORNE CHAOS LORD ON JUGGERNAUT today. Cost me 28 EUR, but this amazing figure is worth every penny. One of the greatest Games Workshop creations yet, in my eyes. It really captures the power, arrogance, blood-lust and death-defiance that befits a Khorne general. I mean, their other figures are also great, but this one has a special aura.

I'm toying with the idea of pitting this one along with a couple of BLOODLETTERS against a couple of Templar knights. What if.... the crusaders did some digging in the Holy Land and accidentally opened the gates to hell. Thinking of doing a shadow box thingamabob. Just think that the scale could be a problem. 1/72 knights would be the obvious choice, but that would mean the demons are very tall. On the other hand, who's to say that hell's minions are not 4m tall?  ;D

Have got similar plans/ideas for dioramas:
- Conquistadores vs. LIZARDMEN - what if the Spanish landed in South America in search for gold, but only found death?
- French Foreign Legionaries vs. KHEMRI USHABTI - a nod to Stephen Sommers' "The Mummy" series.
- Imperial Romans vs. BEASTMEN - what if the forests beyond the Limes Germanicus held more, even wilder adversaries than the Germanic tribes?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

pyro-manic

Conquistadors vs. Lizardmen has been done by GW, with Empire troops invading the Lustrian jungles. Pretty cool. I'd love to see your take on it. :)

There are plenty of 28mm-scale wargaming knight figures available, so have a look round and I'm sure you'll find something you can use.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Sauragnmon

And in a rough scale, 1/48 somewhat settles into scale better in some ways.  Sherman Tank vs something would be an interesting diorama - German Occult Projects actually pay off, the gates to hell get opened, etc.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

NARSES2

Another Airfix 1/72 Spitfire PR XIX and 2 of the new Spitfire IXc's - probably all real
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

From ebay, Revell 1/9th scale Werner Figuren and Werner Satte Literschussel.

Eh?

These, which I presume were never imported into the UK, since we don't have the "Werner" motorcycle cartoon strip here:

So WTF is "Werner"? This is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvd_gO34EeQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoL_Z3Q5Z4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBIU3jeRHc8

:wacko: ;D :wub: :wacko: ;D :wub: :thumbsup:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

lancer

Oh hell, those clips were hilarious!!!! Especially the footie game I couldn't stop laughing!!!!! Who says the Germans don't have a sense of humour???

It's a pity that you can't get them over here. Nice one Weaver.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

seadude

Won the following in a raffle at a local model contest a few days ago. Not really sure what I'll do with the B-52. I was thinking of modding it into an EB-52 based on Dale Brown's "Flight of the Old Dog" novel, but I'm not sure. Also got a BSG Cylon Basestar. Sure do wish someone would reissue the old BSG Galactica. I want one! :( And then an F-15E which I might mod in the future to carry the old Navy Phoenix type missiles that the Tomcats used to carry.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Weaver

Quote from: Weaver on November 04, 2009, 09:25:36 AM
From ebay, Revell 1/9th scale Werner Figuren and Werner Satte Literschussel.

Eh?

These, which I presume were never imported into the UK, since we don't have the "Werner" motorcycle cartoon strip here:

Turns out they must have been imported by somebody because one of the boxes has a GBP price tag on it and the name of a British-sounding model shop. The bike is also missing it's decals - not a biggy, but I'm taking it up with the seller anyway.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Sauragnmon

I'm surprised Herr Moritz hasn't piped up about Werner just yet - I found the footie game one absolutely hilarious, and shared it with a friend of mine who's over in the Nurnburg area, and apparently Werner's gone quite cult in its nature.  Of course, who could argue, it's so damn hilarious.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

thedarkmaster

got a Airfix HMS Victorious 1/600
a Revell Tornado GR3 1/144
And a Corgi dicast F104 that i am going to play with and see what comes up.
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz