My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauragnmon

I don't know - we'll see how that works out when I get to what I do with the fuselages.  It's going to be a bit of a wing-jumble shuffle really, so not quite sure how things will work out yet.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Mossie

Quote from: Aircav on December 02, 2009, 12:40:14 PM
Quote from: Mossie on December 02, 2009, 10:42:01 AM
There are several real-world versions Steve.  The M1142 TFFT, I think the Oskosh Striker airport tender is based on the M977 & Rosenbauer have kitted out the LVS with airport firefighting kit in the past.

Hi Simon
I like the look of the Rosenbauer version of the LVS but I'm not to keen on the TFFT so as a Whif I'm thinking a version of my own with a rear mounted engine  ;D
Steve

Nice one!  I have a light interest in Fire Engines, my Dad was a Fireman.  I nearly got hold of one of the Revell Schlingmann fire engines at Telford, esepcially since there was one displayed on a table next to us.  Looking forward to seeing the result Steve!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

From the wife, I got the Revell Star Wars advent calendar containing 9 of their prepainted "easy kits", 3 x Jedi Starfighter, 3 x Naboo Starfighter and 3 x Republic Gunship.  Most will be built with the boy, but I'm going to keep back one of each for me to do "properly" at a later date.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Black Knight

Just bought an esci kamov ka-34 hokum in 1/72 for £3.20 including p&p  ;D
As The Dark Master rests, the Black Knight protects the New Commonwealth.

Aerotech, Keeping you ahead by any means.

Hobbes

Got a BraZ Tu-144 in today, and am waiting for a package from Hannants with :
Miles M.52
Sea Harrier FA.2 (the new Airfix kit)
VC10 Wing Leading Edge
North American X-15A-2

of course the items I need first (wing leading edges) are out of stock  :banghead:

Aircav

Via the man with the red van this morning a 1/48 Italeri Bell 47G-3B-1  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

pyro-manic

From Narses, an Academy 1:72 F-8 Crusader.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

Mail delivered a Hasegawa 1/48 F-16I Sufa today. This one will be built as a real-world aircraft. Which of course means I have a surplus CMK 1/72 Sufa set that may will now find its way on a Mitsubishi F-2B! 

Quote from: nev on December 03, 2009, 12:14:07 AM
<...> prepainted "easy kits", <...>  I'm going to keep back one of each for me to do "properly" at a later date.

Properly, huh? I'm sensing Hinomarus or Red Stars.  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

nev

QuoteSufa set that may will now find its way on a Mitsubishi F-2B!

F-2 Kai :wub: :wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Sauragnmon

I always thought the Peace Marble spine would look cool on a single seater, personally, but you'd have to extend it.  The only catch is the cost for the conversion set to get all the stuff.  Hard to justify for the slice and splice I'd have to do to extend it to the one-hole cockpit.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Spey_Phantom

got another 1/72 Revell Snowberry  ;D
this will form the basis of my third 1/144 aircraft carrier (this time a STOBAR type)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Weaver

From the Bay of Evil, Hase 1/72nd F-20 Tigershark....... :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Big haul today.  :rolleyes:
A Tamiya 1/48 WWII US Infantry set, a Tamiya M20 armoured utility car, a Tamiya 1/48 20mm Flakvierling 38 and a set of Black Dog 1/48 M8/20 snow chained wheels. This stuff is supposed to form a dio for the Let It Snow GB. Think M8 with M45 quad .50 turret, but with a German Flakvierling. Field conversion during the Battle of the Bulge.

A Hobby Boss 1/48 KV-2 tank, a Tamiya 1/48 WWII Soviet Infantry set and a Tamiya 1/48 GAZ-67 jeep. These goodies will also form the major components for a diorama. Stalingrad II or something like that. The Gaz will get some extra-armour. The KV-2 turret will get a Maxim  MG from the figure set for close-in defence. Oh, and it'll be on a couple of legs, not tracks.  :wacko: Although I must say that Hobby Boss had a fantastic idea supplying a jig for the separate track links that go around the drive sprocket and idler wheel.

Quote from: nev on December 03, 2009, 10:44:20 PM
QuoteSufa set that may will now find its way on a Mitsubishi F-2B!

F-2 Kai :wub: :wub:

Yup, that was the idea.  :thumbsup: It's all entirely Gary F's fault!  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

thedarkmaster

Airfix 1/72 Sea Fury, 2nd one i needed for a project  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Weaver

From an LHS:

Trumpeter 1/72nd Shenyang F-8II Finback-B
Revell 1/72nd T-2C/E Buckeye

From ebay:

Trumpeter 1/72nd Ilyushin IL-28 Beagle

I wouldn't have said I had a thing for the Beagle, but I now seem to have an Airfix one, an Italeri one, a Trumpeter one and a Ben Hobby 1/100th one...... :huh: At least two of them are tentatively earmarked: one to get the wings and engines of an old Revell FTB Skywarrior, and the other to get a solid-nose-full-of-guns COIN conversion.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones