My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

From evilbay: JB 1/76th M113 ACAV - because I want the ACAV bits for something else,

AND FINALLY

The airbrush hose and adaptor which I ordered ages ago, which means my airbrush is back in business!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitnut617

I was in Calgary today and just happened to pass one of the LMS's I frequent, couldn't resist so went in.  Came out with an Italeri A-129 Mangusta, Airfix BN Islander and a Zvezda Mil MI-26, all 1/72 of course.

When I got home and opened the MI-26 box the first thing you see are the fuselage sides --- it was like --- Cripes  :o :o and then 'sh*t' I've got a 1/48 kit -- but no it is 1/72 ----  it's freaking huge.  Never realized just how big this thing is and it has UN decals, well that just does it doesn't it, UN, Canada, just goes together right --- right ????
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

rallymodeller

Quote from: kitnut617 on April 17, 2009, 03:38:08 PM
I was in Calgary today and just happened to pass one of the LMS's I frequent, couldn't resist so went in.  Came out with an Italeri A-129 Mangusta, Airfix BN Islander and a Zvezda Mil MI-26, all 1/72 of course.

When I got home and opened the MI-26 box the first thing you see are the fuselage sides --- it was like --- Cripes  :o :o and then 'sh*t' I've got a 1/48 kit -- but no it is 1/72 ----  it's freaking huge.  Never realized just how big this thing is and it has UN decals, well that just does it doesn't it, UN, Canada, just goes together right --- right ????

Well, to be honest Canada does use the Halo, they're just owned by SkyLink Aviation out of Toronto.

The Ebay fairy was by my house again. This time she dropped off a 1/72 Airfix Buccaneer S.2B (the one with the Sea Eagles). Then I find out Airfix went ahead and rereleased it. Luckily I paid (including shipping) slightly less than retail. This one'll be the CF-111 Buccaneer BUMP 2. Harpoons instead of Sea Eagles, 'cause that's what we have in real life.

Yesterday I rescued a 1/48th Revell-Monogram F-106 from a local department store when I went out to pick up cat food. It was one of three sad looking kits left (along with two RMX P-51Ds), out of it's shrink wrap, and it just called to me. I think I'll use it to finish a build I promised Cap'n Canada a long time ago (with a few changes).
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Mossie

From The Model Shop in Hull:

Academy 1/144 F-15 Eagle, I've got plans for this & maybe two others when I get hold of them.
Airfix 1/144 Mini Kit three pack, includes a F-14, F-15 & F-117.  Clip together kits for when my brothers kids are next here.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Two more Pegasus Fokker D.XXIIIs courtesy of Colin at Freightdog (excellent service and packing as ever  :thumbsup:).

I now have three of these. Tentative plans are one RW, one in Finnish markings on resin skis (both nicked from a Smer I.153), and one in Dutch marking on floats for East Indies use. However, the latter could change if this Spanish Civil War GB comes to pass... :wacko:

Pegasus/Freightdog stuff still mostly available as per this thread:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,22758.0.html

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Was at a model convention today and returned with one each of....
1/72 Hasegawa Mirage F.1 "Normandie-Niemen anniversary"
1/72 PJ Productions seated French modern pilots (very nice! :o )
1/144 Trumpeter YF-23
1/144 Preiser modern NATO aircraft maintenance personnel
:rolleyes:

Also got another 1/72 Hasegawa XF-2A today.  :wacko: This one will get a DSI inlet, PW F119 nozzle, maybe an extended spine, HTS pod and HARMs as well as other "weaselling"-related stuff and a tan/dark green/light green over grey paint job as in some of Gary F's profiles.  :wub:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Howard of Effingham

hmm, at hinckley model show yesterday.....

hasegawa 1/72 F-111D/F for just £10
frog DH vampire FB5
model alliance TSR2 decal sheet
blue rider croat/bosnia decal sheet and book

couple of generic letters and numbers decal sheets and two pots of paint
Keeper of George the Cat.

sideshowbob9

Ebay:
Revell 1/72 Fairey Fulmar
Lindberg 1/135 GD F-111A (Boxart is a F-111B but the model itself is an A variant - ah nuts!)
Fujimi 1/72 Aichi B7A1 Ryusei
Matchbox 1/72 Bristol Beaufighter TF.X
Novo 1/72 Fairey Barracuda
Monogram 1/72 Curtiss P-36A
Aoshima 1/72 M6A1 Seiran
Revell 1/72 Vought F4U-5 Corsair
Airfix 1/72 Hawker Typhoon IB
Airfix 1/72 Boulton-Paul Defiant

& from the LHS:
Revell 1/72 Curtiss SB2C Helldiver
Dragon 1/72 Ki-61 Tony

Did I say I was going to stop? Well you see.....I....am.....gonna stop.

Weaver

Job lot of kits off ebay:

1.. 1/72ND I.C.M. MIG-31 FOXHOUND.

2.. 1/72ND ITALERI SUKHOI SU-27 D SEA FLANKER.

3 .. 1/72ND ITALERI SUKHOI S-37 BERKUT

4 ..1/72ND ITALERI SUKOI SU-34.

5 ..1/72ND RESIB E/SEATS FOR THE AIRCAFT ABOVE

Not bad for £20...... ;D

- Indiana Jones

Radish

Was at Hinckley and bought .........NOTHING. :o

But went past Hobbycraft and picked up an Airfix 1/72nd Mossie NF.30...super. For Biggles. :drink:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Aircav

Via the man with the red off EB a Dragon 1/350 U.S.S. Mobile Bay for a tenner all in and its unstarted, all I've got to do now is decide what to do with it  ;D
hmm, I could put her on a base with the Monson and Perry I suppose  :rolleyes:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Weaver

Yesterday off ebay:

JB 1/76th M113 Fire Support Vehicle (might get a Scorpion turret to make the later Aussie version)

Hasegawa 1/72nd Kfir C.2 (Got an Italieri Kfir on it's way: the worst one will be donating it's wings to an Avro Archer, other wise, no plans)

- Indiana Jones

pyro-manic

Just got a Revell Halifax and a Supermodel BV138 at very good prices, from Plastic Pastimes in Poole. My resolution was greatly tested - I could have spent a couple of hours and lots of money in there. Great shop, if anyone's in the area. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

lancer

Quote from: pyro-manic on April 22, 2009, 09:13:11 AM
Just got a Revell Halifax and a Supermodel BV138 at very good prices, from Plastic Pastimes in Poole. My resolution was greatly tested - I could have spent a couple of hours and lots of money in there. Great shop, if anyone's in the area. :thumbsup:

A 2 hour drive will put me in the area and that is one place I have always promised myself a visit to someday.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

Pyro - 2 weeks, thats pretty fast for Hannants!  Having said that, the slack service is certainly not cos they're all lazy - when I visited the warehouse last year all the staff were beavering away, just maybe there aren't enough of them (less staff = more powerboats...)

QuoteAlso got another 1/72 Hasegawa XF-2A today.   This one will get a DSI inlet, PW F119 nozzle, maybe an extended spine, HTS pod and HARMs as well as other "weaselling"-related stuff and a tan/dark green/light green over grey paint job as in some of Gary F's profiles

Sounds great Moritz, how are you going to do the DSI inlet?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May