My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Quote from: Overkiller on June 09, 2009, 12:45:06 PM
Via Evil Bay....

1/72 Esci Backfire C  :wub: (The Voices Say: Indian Air Force.....)

You have chosen......wisely
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Daryl J.

Airfix B-57B showed up yesterday.   

Daryl J.

ChernayaAkula

RoG Do 228. To be turned into a PMC-operated anti-piracy hunter-killer.  ;D

Quote from: sideshowbob9 on June 10, 2009, 07:09:38 AM
Do you hear the voices too? <...>

All the time.  :wacko: 9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The other is humming the Tetris melody.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Aircav

Hi Duncan
if you need any Indian roundels I may have some.
Great idea BTW
Steve
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

chrisonord

Today from ebay, ROG 1/72nd scale Marder APC, this is for my Honduras ground forces, as their vehicles are still a bit thin on the ground, I still need to find some more ATF Dingos then that should be enough for them.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

thedarkmaster

Juat been to Home Bargains and got a Macchi 205 and a Junkers 87 both in 1/32 and both for £1.99....bargain  ;D  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Radish

Home Bargains.....

11 x C.205s
1 x Zero
2 x Bf-109G-14.

The Veltros are for a Group Build at Stafford...possibly! £1.99 each. :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Captain Canada

I was at Hobby Lobby across the river, and had in my hand a 48th scale F-18 Super Hornet for $17.99, plus I had a 40% off coupon.....but I put the damn thing back ! Now I'm sitting at home thinking how much fun that would have been to fondle while watching the game tonite......ugh, I'm an idiot !

:banghead:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Nick

Home Bargains? The nearest one to London is Bletchley or Northampton....
Not that I really need more kits for my stash. :smiley:

Mossie

We have them in Hull, I can probably pick some up for anyone who wants them if they're in stock.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Aircav

Quote from: Nick on June 12, 2009, 03:17:53 PM
Home Bargains? The nearest one to London is Bletchley or Northampton....
Not that I really need more kits for my stash. :smiley:

I called into the one in Bishop Auckland this morning but they don't a have a thing........... :banghead:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

thedarkmaster

If anyone wants anything from Home Bargains let me know, I will be that way on tuesday. Derby has BF109, JU87 and C-205's.

Just PM me if you want me to get something
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Weaver

Bumper crop today and yesterday!

From LHS:

Italeri 1/72nd MC.205 Veltro. No particular plans but it was cheap and they seem to be fashionable at the moment... ;D

Italeri 1/72nd KA-52 Aligator. Again, no particular plans, but the price was right and it has some cool bits on it (bit annoyed that you only get ONE AS-7 and one AA-11 though...)

From ebay:

One box of sundry 1/72nd Tornado bits: two fuselages, one set of sprues that seems to cover the rest, but no transparencies or decals. The seller guessed that it was Airfix, but it looks more like Italeri to me.

One set of Aeroclub 1/72nd Merlin exhausts, with the Pistonator GB in mind.

Novo 1/72nd Tupolev SB-2 bomber, won at midday yesterday and delivered today!!!  :blink: (Shows that sellers and the PO can do it if they pull their finger out!). Fairly nasty old kit with dire decals, BUT it has funky engines and BIG optional skis... :wub: :thumbsup:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

From my local? hobby shop today,2 airfix Saab Drakens, these are going to get the S.H.A.D.O treatment, and get added scram jet engines and hypersonic missiles fitted.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

AeroplaneDriver

Well, getting back into the modelling world led me to grab a few goodies from TwoBobs last week...so in the post this week I found:

Xtradecal RAF postwar roundels
      "      1/48 TSR.2 What-If Pt3
      "      1/72 BAE Hawk T.1 Display Aircraft
      "      1/72 RAF 1998-2000 Update Pt.2
      "      1/72 Buccanneer S/2 RN and SAAF

And for those who werent aware, TwoBobs are dropping Xtradecal, and are having a clearance on all their remaining stock.  I got the above 25% off. 

So I got that going for me...which is nice....