My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on July 13, 2009, 11:55:29 PM
Oh I know where you're going with this one and I wholeheartedly approve  :thumbsup:...... maybe I'll go the opposite way and do a well known British tank-buster in VVS colours..... But then I'm certain somebody else here did that with the Academy kit...... Hmmmm

As for the IL2, personally I'm holding-out for the M3 version, although that single seater looks simply superb. Right up-there with their P-38, SB2C and F-8 kits.

Ian

Well I've a Soviet Tiffie on the go but she's not the first and Ian you have hilighted some excellent kits there. Accademy at their best are as good as any body.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Last year a friend of mine bought a 1/24th Vintage Productions P-47D Thunderbolt but now he's decided that he doesn't really want it so like a fool I said I'll have it if the price is good, I am now the proud owner of a unbuilt 1/24 P-47 Thunderbolt.  :banghead: ;D  :blink:
RW SEAC me thinks
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

QuoteRW SEAC me thinks

It'd be rude not to :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

Oh, nearly forgot I was at Chestermoor this afternoon and got a 1/72 Airfix Strikemaster, going to do her Rhodesian  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

AeroplaneDriver

Just got home from England with a few purchases, plus a package from the ebay fairy waiting in the mail:

From the UK:

Airfix 1/72 Strikemaster (from the shop where Steve works)
RoG 1/72 F-22 (ditto)
RoG 1/72 NH90
Airfix 1/72 Rescue Sea King

From the ebay fairy:

Airfix 1/72 Fairey Rotodyne

Several more packages from ebay waiting at the PO to pick up tomorrow!

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

ChernayaAkula

Beginning to sound like a broken record here...  :rolleyes:..., but another couple of 1/72 Academy F/A-18A Hornets from Lucky Model. Four this time. Current tally is 11 Academy Hornets.  :wacko: I'm mad.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Quote from: Aircav on July 14, 2009, 09:09:14 AM
Last year a friend of mine bought a 1/24th Vintage Productions P-47D Thunderbolt but now he's decided that he doesn't really want it so like a fool I said I'll have it if the price is good, I am now the proud owner of a unbuilt 1/24 P-47 Thunderbolt.  :banghead: ;D  :blink:
RW SEAC me thinks

It's a stunning kit, but HUGE  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on July 14, 2009, 08:28:27 PM
Beginning to sound like a broken record here...  :rolleyes:..., but another couple of 1/72 Academy F/A-18A Hornets from Lucky Model. Four this time. Current tally is 11 Academy Hornets.  :wacko: I'm mad.

not at all. i have three of the F-18C kit academy have in 1/72. its the best 1/72 F-18 kit yet, imho. :)
Keeper of George the Cat.

Mike Wren

Quote from: Aircav on July 14, 2009, 09:09:14 AM
RW SEAC me thinks

nahh, RAF green/grey & D-Day stipes surely?!  ;D

AeroplaneDriver

Yowzers!!  :o

Amazing how easy it is to plod along on ebay and not realise how much you're buying!  I went to the PO to pick up the packages from when I was away and couldnt believe the size of the pile!

From the eBay Fairy:

Revell 1/48 Rafale M
DML 1/72 P-38J
Airfix 1/72 SR.53
Italeri/Testors 1/72 F-21 Kfir
Monogram 1/48 F-5F
Academy 1/48 hunter F.6
RoG BAe 146-100 STA

From Squadron's monthy specials:

RoG 1/48 Harrier GR.7/
Airfix 1/144 Concorde
2 x Airfix 1/76 Bristol Bloodhound
Hase 1/72 AV-8B+
2 x Hobbyboss1/700 Harushio Class subs (dirt cheap source of spacecraft parts!)

and last but by no means least, From Colin at Freightdog:

1/72 P.1083 Super Hunter conversion set
1/72 Airdecal Raspberry Ripple Fixed Wing- sheet 1
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

lancer

Arrived from the big H after a very anxious 10 day wait - one A-Model LA250 Anakonda. It'll be done for the Telford theme as an in service machine doing the same job as Tupoloev's 'Fiddlers' did.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ChernayaAkula

Just some decals. Model Alliance 1/72 Lightnings Part 3 and US Coast Guard Choppers Part 1. The Lightning will probably end up as real world aircraft, but the Coast Guard decals were acquired strictly for whiffery purposes. Logan's USCG Hind is looking too awesome to pass up.  :bow: May wait for the Zvezda Mi-35, though.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

JJC

revell
B-1B lancer (special at Hannants)
KEEP THE VULCAN FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pyro-manic

Quote from: lancer on July 16, 2009, 08:56:26 AM
Arrived from the big H after a very anxious 10 day wait - one A-Model LA250 Anakonda. It'll be done for the Telford theme as an in service machine doing the same job as Tupoloev's 'Fiddlers' did.

Is it any good? My Firebar is horribly moulded, but photos of their newer kits seem really nice. The La250 is one that I'd like to get, but I'm hesitant due to the quality of the casting...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weaver

From ebay:

1/72nd Italeri Sdkfz 234/2 Puma armoured car. It has the Alzo Zero system whereby you can build it with fully detailed suspension for display or with simple, tough axles for wargaming use. Having wearily picked 1/72nd leaf springs out of the corners of wargames boxes for years at school, I think this is an excellent idea.  :thumbsup:

Another bag of misc 1.72nd (mostly) white metal aircraft bits.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones