My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

Just received a Sukhoi S-37 Berkut from Weaver, along with a load of 1000-pound GP bombs. :cheers:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy yesterday:

OLD Airfix 1/72 HS.125 Dominie

The box is ancient, the first boxing I think, and in poor condition, but the kit inside is lovely.  Apart from raised panel lines it's a great looking kit.  Airfix really did come out with some gems for their time.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Martin H

Via E bay, one Fujimi Vought F7U-3M Cutlass.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

JayBee

Quote from: Martin H on August 03, 2009, 09:13:37 AM
Just as the big H announces it is back in stock! :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Martin H

Quote from: JayBee on August 03, 2009, 09:39:04 AM
Quote from: Martin H on August 03, 2009, 09:13:37 AM
Just as the big H announces it is back in stock! :rolleyes:

And the big H is asking £12.99 for it :o. I paid less than that with postage. Plus the e bay seller dispatched it from cornwall in a few days, it takes the H boys two weeks to send a deliverey all of 70 miles from lowestoft to my place. :mellow:
Unfortunately,

Weaver

Just had an unexpected Christmas, due to the local post office holding up purchases from the last fortnight and then delivering them all at once.... :rolleyes:

From a trade with Pyro-Manic: Trumpeter 1/72nd F-107 Ultra Sabre and some Irish decals  :wub: (the latter NOT for use on the former  ;D)

From ebay:

1/72nd Italeri Caproni CA-311: for Spanish Civil War service. Anyone who likes doing scratchbuilt interiors should seriously consider this kit: it's a flying greenhouse that really lets you see inside.

1/72nd Matchbox Heinkel He-70: Spanish Civil War decal/conversion donor

1/72nd Revell Luchs 8x8 armoured car: mainly to donate it's turret to another project. Boy does this thing have a complicated chassis - pity there isn't an Italeri Alto Zero version of it!  :blink:

Hobby Model Kits Jaguar A. Fit-the-box scale, around 1/100th.
Hobby Model Kits SR-71. Fit-the-box scale, around 1/180th.

Both the above are ultra-cheap whiff-fodder with a basically accurate shape spoilt by some heavy lines and over-size, toy-like attachment pegs.

Lastly, two giant robot kits. Not my thing usually, but they were going cheap and from the same seller as other stuff so the postage was bulked up. I'll probably trade these to someone who's keen on them:

Bandai 1/72nd VF-1S Battroid Valkyrie (robot form). Had one of these as a kid and (unusually) made a half-decent job of it.

Imai 1/12th T.A.S.C. 2nd Lieutenant Marie. Since this is about the same size as the Valkyrie but quotes a much bigger scale, I presume it's more of a "suit" than a robot as such. A nice feature is heavy die-cast metal feet to keep it upright, falling over being the bane of robot kits.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Aircav

Just picked up another 1/72 Tamiya Skyray and a 1/48 version too  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

chrisonord

Today arrived my Concorde from Nev, which will be scalerama'd into a 1/72nd scale interceptor :wacko:
Also all the way from Vancouver, a slightly modded SR-71, which will be used as part of My SHADO builds.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Quote from: Martin H on August 03, 2009, 02:45:56 PM
[, it takes the H boys two weeks to send a deliverey all of 70 miles from lowestoft to my place. :mellow:

Be fair Martin that is delivering from the "Back of Beyond" to the "Back of Beyond's Back Yard"  ;D

Picked up a Revell Privateer this morning at MZ - been waiting for this re-released Matchbox kit for ages.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Looking forward to getting a Privateer too. Lots of interesting possibilities!!
Meanwhile:

1/72nd Kopro (KP) Yak-23...to be USAF...it even comes with USAF decals too. Lousy colouring, but at least it shows the appropriate sizes.
1/72nd Revell Do-28D
1/72nd Revell Do-228
1/72nd Emhar "Whippet" tanks x 2 :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

thedarkmaster

Found a bag with a Revell f9 Panther, no box just a sealed bag no instructions or decals either but for 50p can't grumble. ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

frank2056

Quote from: Radish on August 04, 2009, 05:52:32 AM
Meanwhile:

1/72nd Kopro (KP) Yak-23...to be USAF...it even comes with USAF decals too. Lousy colouring, but at least it shows the appropriate sizes.

I'm sure you have the pictures, but here are some magazine scans:

Aircav

Quote from: Radish on August 04, 2009, 05:52:32 AM
Meanwhile:

1/72nd Revell Do-28D
1/72nd Revell Do-228
1/72nd Emhar "Whippet" tanks x 2 :thumbsup:

What you doing with the transfers off the D-228, nudge, nudge, wink, wink  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Martin H

one Airfix BAe Hawk 120D/128/132.
A new tooling and looking at it and the new Spitfire PR 19, Airfix could very well be going up the quality scales by a few notches.
Unfortunately,

Radish

I'll post you the Do-228 decals, Steve. Mine '228 will be military, but not sure what yet.
The Yak-23 will be an ANG one.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen