My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: chrisonord on February 16, 2009, 05:54:26 PM
well, it won't float because of all the filler you will have to motherload it with.
Have you done an Amodel kit before? if not, get a stock of happy pills in and remove all sharp objects.
no...really!!

Yep - the Migina 1 I did was based on an Amodel MiG-9 and yes, grafting the front end of a G.91 onto it was the easy part.... :banghead:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

nev

Quote from: chrisonord on February 16, 2009, 05:54:26 PM
Have you done an Amodel kit before? if not, get a stock of happy pills in and remove all sharp objects.
no...really!!

Jeez, tell me about it.  I'm building their An-32 at the minute - its only the plastic thats holding the filler together :(
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

Some balsa square-sectioned strips/rods for WW1 type floats/pontoons for Camels, Fokkers, etc.. Different sizes for 1/72nd and 1/48th too.

Italeri 1/72nd JS-2 and Teutonic Knights for a comic-suggested idea :drink:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Mike Wren

Airfix 1/48 TSR2 to be scale-o-rama'd into a 1/72 big bomber
Revell 1/72 Hunter FGA9 & Tornado GR1 for I know not what...

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Mike Wren on February 18, 2009, 05:21:41 AM
Revell 1/72 Hunter FGA9 & Tornado GR1 for I know not what...

do the  :tornado: in french or swedish markings mike!

for myself a polar lights batplane. not sure what scale it is supposed to be but its getting
9 sqn RAF markings,  ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Just back from the Huddersfield Show and purchases made at the show and in the environs of West Yorks were -

Eduard 1/48 Spitfire F22/24
Eduard 1/48 Spitfire LF Vc
Eduard Nuieport 17 in Imperial Russian markings - only bought this because of the topless mermaid in the markings  :thumbsup:

All the above will be real world

1/72 Silver Cloud Avro 720 and Hunter P.1083 conversion

1/72 Fujimi Ju 87 B/R

1/72 Hasegawa Mustang III mit Malcolm Hood

Vitrix 28mm hard plastic British "Waterloo" Centre Company figures. Wanted to see what the detail on these was like - good
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

So 28mm figures = what in proper scales?

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Steel Penguin

28mm some ware between 1:48 and 1:60, some companys pin at 1:55 ( bolt action amd chieftain), outhers may vary, and scale creep ( figures, from the same company, in the same line may slowly grow or shrink to an extent, { ill use games workshops teminators here, the new plastic ones are around 5mm taller then the old lead ones, despite being for the same user.})
with a large companys figs 1:35 scale kits do not look massivly out of place, { again 1:35 scale m113 apcs have been used with GW orks or space marines}  or you get to use then "scale o rama`d"  by using say a 1:35 scale Challinger tank with 28mm crew to give a "super-heavy" tank like the shadowsword is supposed to be.
some people find it very annoying, outhers like the effect you can get. take 3 differnt companys late world war 2 ranges and mix, as long as the painting is the same, it gives the effect of differant hight troops in the same unit.  It also generaly means that you can finish an army as a lot of manufactures dont produce every single option that you may want / need,.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Radish

The Rat

Finally located a 1/72nd Hobbycraft CF-100 after hunting high and low. Toad snapped most of them up just to drive up the price, he's melting down 3 per evening. It will be given the U2 treatment.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

rallymodeller

Courtesy of the generous services of Aircav, I now have a flying-type-guy for my RW 1/32 CF-104. He started as an F-16 pilot (from the Academy F-16CG/CJ) but he is on his way to being backdated to a 1980s Starfighter pilot. And no, this does NOT mean I'm suspending him under a parachute.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

frank2056

From Sprue Bros.:
1/700 SS Jeremiah O'Brien Liberty ship (new in this scale). This will be built as the O'Brien; I've been on that ship and have plenty of reference pics.

1/700 JCC/LCC-20 USS Mount Whitney in its 2004 fit. This will be whiffed somehow.

1/35 scale workable links for the Trumpeter M1A1/A2 tank kit.

KiwiZac

A coupla Italeri 1:72 heliochopters: OH-6A and RAH-66. Both to be whiffed......to differing extremes......... :blink:
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Aircav

Called in at Chestermoor and then the Railway shop in Stanley and picked up some more Wills stuff,
Semi-detatched shops
Windows & doors
Arched brick work
Pavements
all in 00 as well as some Preiser Ducks, swans and geese in 1/87 plus a Hornby Tractor  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader