My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on February 26, 2009, 01:14:51 AM
RoG 1/72 EC145 'research pilsen' livery

[and if anyone can enlighten me on what the mathematical equations are on the decal sheet
i'd be very glad........ ]

Well if it's a Pilsen Brewery aircraft they probably don't mean anything after the 6th pint, or it could just be the answer is 42  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 25, 2009, 12:55:09 PMHobbycraft continue to surprise with their increasing range of 'serious' plastic modelling stuff. They even have large stocks of Evergreen styrene, not that I'd buy their plain sheets, but the sections are excellent and almost unobtainable over the counter elsewhere.

Hobbycraft branches seem to have a lot of discretion in what they stock. Of the four LHS within easy reach of me, Hobbycraft are the only one that doesn't stock Evergreen.... :huh:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

nev

Was walking in South Lincolnshire today, so made a diversion to Newark Air Museum on the way home.

Picked up the Revell 1/48 F-18F Super Hornet.  Will be either Japanese or Indian (although by the end of the year both of those could be real!)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

anthonyp

There's something seriously wrong with me...

I bought, in the last few days via ebay and a LHS:

LHS:
1 x Hasegawa 1/72 F-4J
1 x Hobbycraft 1/144 777
1 x Hobbycraft 1/144 727 (USAF VIP)
1 x Hobbycraft 1/144 757 (Air Force II)

eBay:
1 x Eastern Express 1/144 Il-96-300
1 x Eastern Express 1/144 Il-96-400T
1 x Eastern Express 1/144 Il-96M
1 x Eastern Express 1/144 Il-86
1 x Eastern Express 1/144 Tu-334
1 x Eastern Express 1/200 Tu-154
1 x Eastern Express 1/72 Short range flying boat MBR-2 bis
1 x Trumpeter 1/72 J-10
1 x Trumpeter 1/72 Su-15
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Aircav

Just picked up a 1/24 Tamiya Fiat 500F off EB, should go well with the Mini I already have.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Shasper

Tues. I stopped by the local shop back home & walked away with a few tins of paint plus a J-wings 144th pre-finished F-8J, ran into a Hobby Lobby today on my way back from a fieldtrip to Monroe & walked away with yet another Revell 100th F-15 and 2 Tamiya 1/100 kits on extreme markdown (a MiG-19 & a -21). Updates to be posted soon

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Daryl J.

The CA Venom showed up today packed securely beween two CA Gloster Meteor F.4's.  In another box was some more Tamiya Meteors from HLJ purchased for cheap!   And in another, an Airfix PR.9 Canberra.    And my wife wasn't mad, at least visibly.    :wub: :wub:
Slobber!!!!!!   Hot d***, it's Christmas.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Daryl J., tickled pink about that

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

Weaver

From ebay: Bandai 1st Plane Super Robot and 2nd Plane Super Robot......

WTF????

These. Retro cool or what?  ;D ;D ;D

Second one comes with a very cheesy giant robot too, but best of all, both of them have roll-along wheels and FIRING MISSILES... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Whaddya reckon? RAF or Luft'46?  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Now if it had roll-along wheels and a friction motor to store the energy, then they'd be real old school  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

PM Model 1/72 Beech C-45 from Just Kits in Hull.  Not bad for four quid & quite a nice looking model.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Revell 1/72nd MiG-31 from Hobbycraft. Wasn't going to get one 'cos I have no particular plan for it, but couldn't resist.

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Old Revell A-3B Skywarrior in fit-the-box-scale (about 1/83rd). Bought off ebay for a couple of quid because it's missing it's canopy and instructions. Spares fodder, I expect..... :thumbsup:

- Indiana Jones