My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Daryl J. on March 05, 2009, 11:33:41 PM
The Hasegawa Pete came today the kit is gorgeous.  :wub: :wub: :wub:   

Daryl J.

With some certainty I predict Dork will be all over that kit too..... when he gets back from the Arctic Circle !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

JayBee

From the Great North Model show on Sunday:-

LS 1/72 Bede BD-5 & BD5J double kit.

Rick, your idea is going to happen!

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Mossie

Academy 1/72 OV-10D Bronco from Monk Bar Models in York.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

jcf

Quote from: Mossie on March 09, 2009, 01:29:49 PM
Academy 1/72 OV-10D Bronco from Monk Bar Models in York.
I'm currently building that kit, fit is not bad except for the wing to fuselage pod,
there is a step between the wing and the rear of the cockpit.
One nice thing is that the box also contains the parts for the OV-10A, the OV-10D
bits being an additional sprue.  ;D

Jon

Weaver

Revell "50yrs of Revell" limited edition 1/113th scale B-47 from ebay.

Real blast from the past: head-on-a-shelf pilots, no undercarriage (just a rather fetching "flat Earth" display stand), all markings AND lettering moulded into the surface..... No idea what I'll do with it yet: the recreation of the original packing and instructions makes me almost want to treat it as a collectible. Almost....... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on March 09, 2009, 03:03:02 PM

I'm currently building that kit, fit is not bad except for the wing to fuselage pod,
there is a step between the wing and the rear of the cockpit.
One nice thing is that the box also contains the parts for the OV-10A, the OV-10D
bits being an additional sprue.  ;D

Jon
I actually bought for parts (it was very reasonably priced).  I took at look at it earlier & I'm thinking I might build it oob (at least mostly!) as it's a very nice looking kit.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChernayaAkula

Two RoG Heinkel He 177 A-6 Greif to make a zwilling.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

jcf

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on March 10, 2009, 09:43:24 AM
Two RoG Heinkel He 177 A-6 Greif to make a zwilling.

Cool!!

Introducing, the new Heinkel, now with four chances to burst into flames.  ;D ;D

Geoff

Lufthansa decals from Aircav -cheers mate, (for the ongoing Fatherland build).

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on March 10, 2009, 09:46:09 AM
<...> Introducing, the new Heinkel, now with four chances to burst into flames.  ;D ;D

:lol: Yeah, instead of the Luftwaffenfeuerzeug (Luftwaffe cigarette lighter), as it was called, I might call this one the Luftwaffensturmfeuerzeug (L. storm lighter) or maybe even the Luftwaffenflammenwerfer (L. flame-thrower).  :rolleyes:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

nev

Good ole Germans.  Why use 5 words when you can put them all together to make 1 long one? (Who remembers Strassenbahnhaltestelle from Deutsch Heute in GCSE German?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Mossie

I don't think I remember any German from school, managed to ditch languages from my Options before they made it compulsory!  Ever tried technical German Nev???  I remember trying to deceipher some foot long words in another life/job!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Mossie on March 11, 2009, 01:02:27 PM
Ever tried technical German Nev??? 

Ever tried marrying one ? - I have !

From eBay, an original issue Esci 1:48 Hs123 for £6 ! :party: - I already have one in an Italeri box and the AMTech decal set to go with it. So one of them will be real world, the other Whiffed....

.....I could go the 'sensible' route and do it:-
1 - Luftwaffe desert scheme... maybe with a shortened 'Stuka Snake' down the sides.
2 - Italian desert scheme... Mmmmm smoke ring camo
3 - Hungarian eastern front with huge tricolour fin and stabs.
4 - Finnish, either summer or winter camo.
5 - Japanese.... possibly on floats....

Or, I could be not very sensible at all and do it as either a Teutonic Air Wing plane at the time of the 1935 Crusade or a Vatican Self Defence Force (St. Peter's Own) machine, or even an Imperial Roman one, will need to check with NARSES and RADISH tho' make sure thay haven't already done one !

Also, from the same place an old 'Warbirds Illustrated' on the Mirage. One of their better ones ! IMHO, also a MASSIVE £5 !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Mossie

No, but I fancied the pants off a student exchange girl that used to get on my bus! :wub:

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May