Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Radish

Two 1/72nd Manta Rays.
Two 1/72nd Large Vampire Bats....large enough for perhaps a smallish twin-engined machine or o single-seater. Not large enough for the Vampire DC-3/C-47 which'll probably need material nearer Hallowe'en, but I have another source now for my Dakosaurus planned.
;D
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Hobby Boss Lynx HAS 3. Will be real world tiger (more grey wild cat than a Tiger :thumbsup:) scheme as per box. Suprisingly first helicopter in the stash if you don't count a Rotodyne.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Bought a Airfix 1/72 Wellington today from the LMS and I wish I'd got the Trumpeter kit instead, just tried doing the cockpit, you can tell it's limited run kit and originally had resin parts because the plastic replacements just do not work at all, the undercarriage bay halfs fit where they touch, the turrets have 4 transparent parts each and the guns look crap so if you want a 1/72 Wellington get a Trumpeter kit.  :banghead:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

PR19_Kit

I managed to get an ancient Frog Shackleton off eBay today, and I was bidding on four of them, three went for silly money but the one I got was less than Kingkit's price.  :lol:

I'm not planning to Whiff it I'm afraid, too rare for that, but it's going to be an RW 205 Sqdn. MR2 tailwheel machine.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Daryl J.

Ordered me a birthday present:  An Airfix Canberra B.1(8)  with plans of emulating PR-19's recent whiffer.   It was cool enough I'd like a similar variant on my own shelf.

Radish

Further to Aircav's comments on the Wimpy, the Revell/Matchox Mk X/XIV is quite buildable and presentable too.
I'm civilianising one for an all-yellow Air Police (Biggles) example.

Aircav

I've got the Matchbox Welly too Rad and as you say its a good build but I was after a Mk1 should of stuck with it.............. :blink:

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Daryl J. on April 08, 2009, 12:06:41 PM
Ordered me a birthday present:  An Airfix Canberra B.1(8)  with plans of emulating PR-19's recent whiffer.   It was cool enough I'd like a similar variant on my own shelf.

Daryl,

You're a glutton for punishment!  :lol:

Mine started off as a PR9 actually, with the broad chord wings and big engines, but visually it's not so far from a B(I)8, and you don't have to do any surgery with the gun pack etc, it's already there. Best of luck with that, it'll look great in the large size I'm sure.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

While browsing through Rare-Plane Detective's website the other day I saw that he had a pile of Aeroclub stuff and I couldn't resist:

below all in 1/72
conversions;
Meteor Mk.10 (x2)
Hunter T.7  (been after one of these for ages, now I need another)

detail sets
Tucano
Connie u/c
Astazou nacelle front +prop
Turbo Porter props

bang seats
G.91/Hunter T.7
Buccaneer
Tucano

guns
.5 Brownings

Then I saw he had a couple of Maintrack conversions
Lightning F.1/3
Buccaneer S.1
Halifax/Halton

This led to others,
Amtec .5 Brownings
Engine & Things R-3350 set of four (x2)
Beechnut F-51H
Pegasus Balloil
and then
Ventura decal sheet of Me.262's in US or British markings.

All arrived today so I was quite pleased with myself   ;D

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Radish

Well I was running low on C-47s/DC-3s, so:

1 x 1/72nd AC-47 "Spooky" by Italeri
2 x 1/72nd DC-3 "Finnair" by Revell (Italeri) which'll be great in Finnair markings...the military Finnish AF decals will be cool on a Catalina!

nev

Hasegawa 1/48 AH-64D Apache Longbow "JGSDF"

This is a review kit for SAMI, so it catapults to the top of the build pile - not sure how I'm gunna go about that camo though!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Nigel Bunker

RoG F-22 for only £7.49 at Hobbycraft, plus an Airfix 72 Mosquito (you can never have too many of these in the loft)
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

Brian da Basher

Arrived yesterday (a day early too!) via FedEx from Squadron's big sale:

1 1/144 Boeing 707 $4.59

1 1/144 DC-6 Firebomber $3.59

1 1/96 Vickers Viscount $8.99

None of these will remotely resemble the pretty pictures on the boxes when I get done with them.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Aircav

Called into Chestermoor this afternoon and picked up a Transall and a Mi-26, both Revell, the Transalls for a Russian project  ;D

Sir Sydney Camm