My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Aircav on April 12, 2009, 03:39:01 AM
Off EB, 5 1/72 Airfix Vickers MkVI light tank's at a very good rate  ;D

Nice little kit Steve - could do a mini Kursk diorama with my Cromwell Japanese tanketes  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

I keep wanting to do some sort of 1930's RAF Gigant style transporter to carry them.  ;D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Weaver

Quote from: Aircav on April 13, 2009, 01:39:22 AM
I keep wanting to do some sort of 1930's RAF Gigant style transporter to carry them.  ;D

Why not fit some stick-and-string biplane wings directly to one of them, like those Russian flying tanks?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Aircav

The Zevzda Su-30KN arrived this morning from the Ukraine and its not a bad kit either, a bit chunky like a Airfix kit but the best thing is the weapons you get with it;
x4 R-73 missiles
x2 S-25L Lunchers
x2 H-59M missiles
x2 H-35A missiles
x4 R-27RE missiles
x2 R-27 missiles
x1 ARK-9 pod

http://bop.agria.hu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=259&Itemid=36

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Spey_Phantom

went out go get some paints, but eventually went home witha 1/72 revell F-14A+ Tomcat  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

pyro-manic

Quote from: Aircav on April 14, 2009, 10:07:34 AM
The Zevzda Su-30KN arrived this morning from the Ukraine and its not a bad kit either, a bit chunky like a Airfix kit but the best thing is the weapons you get with it;
x4 R-73 missiles
x2 S-25L Lunchers
x2 H-59M missiles
x2 H-35A missiles
x4 R-27RE missiles
x2 R-27 missiles
x1 ARK-9 pod

http://bop.agria.hu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=259&Itemid=36

Might have to get one or two of those. Looks pretty nice!
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

chrisonord

I have the Zvesda SU-30 and 37 kits, they are very nice kits with plenty of weapons on them, which is always a good thing.
Definitely worth having.
My Kitech 1/48th Arado 134 arrived this morning from China, but my Canberra still has not surfaced, from Cumbria :angry:
and they had the cheek to ask £3.50 for postage. :o
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Spey_Phantom

one one of my jobhunting crusades to Brugges, i came back with an airfix 1/72 Alfa Jet (belgian markings included, thanks airfix  ;D)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Aircav

The man with the red van delivered a Smer 1/48 Fiat CR-32 Freccia off EB today, I'm thinking floats for this baby  ;D

Sir Sydney Camm

ChernayaAkula

My Anigrand XV-15 arrived today!  :party: To be merged with an AH-1W fuselage to form the AV-15 Copperhead!  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

At last my Testors B-57G has arrived :o
This one is going to do a similar job to when it was in US air force service, but with the addition of up to date electronics for night operations.
It will be painted matt black or very dark grey, and be armed with LGB's. Again it will be in Honduras air force service but with very minimal markings.

chrisonord

I happened to stray into Hobbycraft in Preston this afternoon.....like you do :rolleyes:
They had the Revell B-1B's in but they were still 25 quid!! >:(
But never mind, I consoled myself with another  Revell Mig-31 and a F-22......also like you do :lol:
Chris.

pyro-manic

Got a box from Hannants today, containing:

Some Aeroclub bits for my flying boat GB build - Lewis guns, Browning .50s and a 20mm Oerlikon :wacko:
Xtradecal X00372 - 43/111 Sqn Phantoms
Xtradecal X72057 - Meteor F8
Modeldecal MD031A - Pre-war RAF - Fury, Gladiator, Bulldog, Siskin
Bilek 1:72 Aero L-29 Delfin R/RS

I am a bit miffed with Hannants, to be honest - this order took 2 weeks to be delivered, and the Delfin box is completely knackered - looks like it's been sitting on a very damp shelf for a very long time. Luckily the markings sheet is in the plastic bag with the parts, but the instructions are quite badly water damaged (still legible, thankfully). Not sure if it's worth complaining...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

Quote from: pyro-manic on April 16, 2009, 12:06:12 PM
I am a bit miffed with Hannants, to be honest - this order took 2 weeks to be delivered, and the Delfin box is completely knackered - looks like it's been sitting on a very damp shelf for a very long time. Luckily the markings sheet is in the plastic bag with the parts, but the instructions are quite badly water damaged (still legible, thankfully). Not sure if it's worth complaining...

Considering their position in the market Hannants don't really go out of their way to endear themselves to their customers. Many times my orders have arrived right on the 14 day limit that they themselves impose. On the few occasions they have arrived past the limit and I've phoned up Lowestoft about it I get the feeling that I'm taking up too much of their valuable time worrying them about it.

In this Internet day and age such suppliers really do need to put a few more staff on the dispatch side, it's not as if they have all that much competition after all.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Got to agree I find Hannants service at the limit of acceptability, especially when compared to Freightdog and A2Zee Models in the UK and Anigrand in Hong Kong, but it's still worth lodging a polite complaint about the condition of the box and contents.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.