My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 30, 2009, 02:29:40 AM
Quote from: pyro-manic on April 29, 2009, 11:19:07 AM
Picked up a Revell Hunter FGA9 today. I need the drop tanks for napalm canisters on my Sandfly Mosquito. Not sure what I'll do with the rest of it yet...

Pyro there's a pic in "2nd Tactical Airforce - vol 4" of a Typhoon carrying napalm tanks which are painted in red primer, which is very weathered. Might make them stand out a bit ?

Iiiinteresting. I'll have to see if I have any paint that will suit.... :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

rallymodeller

My latest Ebay buys started arriving today -- first up is a 1/48 Hobby Boss Mirage IIIC. Really nice kit, and I'm super impressed with the detail, decals (which will, for the most part, not be used) and the parts breakdown. The A/B can alone is seven parts. Separate gun barrels too. 

Anxiously awaiting my other online purchases -- another 1/48 delta, and a whack of decals from Mike Belcher...

Come to think of it, I've been buying a lot of 1/48 deltas lately (Rafale, F-106, Mirage IIIC, the kit to come). Wonder what's up with that?  :blink:
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

NARSES2

Quote from: pyro-manic on April 30, 2009, 11:11:51 AM

Pyro there's a pic in "2nd Tactical Airforce - vol 4" of a Typhoon carrying napalm tanks which are painted in red primer, which is very weathered. Might make them stand out a bit ?

Iiiinteresting. I'll have to see if I have any paint that will suit.... :thumbsup:

Any "rust" or "red leather" type colour with a little extra red added should be ok
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

yesterday saw the arrival of 2 more ebay purchases. Airfix hi-tec nato weapons set and what should have been an SU-9 in 1/72nd scale, well the guy had mistakenly sent me a SMER SU-22, that was a opened and had some decals cut out, so I emailed him about it, and he said sorry for that I will send you the SU-9 and keep the S-22!! How good is that!!
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Howard of Effingham

AH-58D [well i'm sure it should be OH-58] from italeri.

its a TINY kit! and its getting AAC markings
Keeper of George the Cat.

Green Dragon

Haven't bought much from shops in ages but I just got a load of kits courtesy of DaveT on Britmodeller, many thanks mate!
3 Academy 1/72nd B-50D's (Possibly for something very err...Big)
1 Academy KC-97G
2 Revell/Hasegawa B-25J Mitchell's (one real world, one not)
2 Airfix F-5E Tiger II's (probably for my nephews to build)
1 Italeri B-26K COIN Invader
Got more coming soon from the Wooksta too! Woohoo! I'm off to play with me toys! :cheers:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Weaver

Quote from: chrisonord on April 29, 2009, 09:02:52 AM
Quote from: ChernayaAkula on April 28, 2009, 09:27:52 AM
^ Chris, how about making a swing-wing Tunnan?  :o Like the Bell X-5.  :wacko:
That sounds way out of my building expertise :o I will have to have a good look at the barrel,to see what ideas spring out.
Chris.

If it's any help, I found that 1/100th Tomcat wings are about the right size to fit a Grumman F-11 Tiger. The pivot spacing's another matter of course....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: chrisonord on May 01, 2009, 04:16:05 AM
<...> the guy had mistakenly sent me a SMER SU-22, <...>

Mistake? I think not! The Whiffing Gods have provided you with free wing gloves for your swing wing Tunnan!  :wacko: Don't fight it! It's destiny! Muuuahahahahah! :wacko:

Well, okay, got a bit carried away there.  :rolleyes: But still.....
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 01, 2009, 10:53:31 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on May 01, 2009, 04:16:05 AM
<...> the guy had mistakenly sent me a SMER SU-22, <...>

Mistake? I think not! The Whiffing Gods have provided you with free wing gloves for your swing wing Tunnan!  :wacko: Don't fight it! It's destiny! Muuuahahahahah! :wacko:

Well, okay, got a bit carried away there.  :rolleyes: But still.....
LOL!!!
I have a good idea what to do to the Tunnan, either sovietising it and putting Chinese markings on it, and some AA-1 Alkali's or....giving it delta wings and a ramjet nose cone.
As for the SU-22, Sauragmon has got his dabs on it, along with some other stuff I am going to send him.
Although,......I could change my mind??? :lol:
Chris.

Daryl J.

One Wingnut Junkers
[Edit]....add to that one Wingnut L.V.G.

philp

Yesterday I received my .99 cent Hasagawa 1/72nd F-16C from DragonModels.  Course, shipping was $6+ but even with that it is a good price.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: chrisonord on May 01, 2009, 05:29:59 PM
I have a good idea what to do to the Tunnan, either sovietising it and putting Chinese markings on it, and some AA-1 Alkali's or...<...>

Sounds like a good plan and should look the part.  :thumbsup: Especially with the Alkalis.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 01, 2009, 06:14:38 PM
Quote from: chrisonord on May 01, 2009, 05:29:59 PM
I have a good idea what to do to the Tunnan, either sovietising it and putting Chinese markings on it, and some AA-1 Alkali's or...<...>

Sounds like a good plan and should look the part.  :thumbsup: Especially with the Alkalis.
Yes I will have to have a look at some mig-15's for colour schemes, or I could do it in desert yellow and red brown and put it in Egyptian or Iraqi markings.Thats if I have some Egyptian markings that is  :huh:
Chris.

rallymodeller

Stash grew yet again today. Picked up an old unbuilt Hobbycraft DHC Dash-8 sans decals for really cheap (I promised I wouldn't say how much or from whom).  No idea what I'm going to do with it yet. Maybe CAF FWSAR.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Nick

Bought my third new kit of the year today. Credit crunch is biting hard but I had to have the Apollo 27 from Pegasus Models!

Looks really out of this world (as it would, being a spaceship) and there's way more to do with it than boring NASA stuff, eh comrades?! ;D