My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Bumper crop from ebay today, mainly due to late deliveries all rolling up at once..... :rolleyes:

1. Starfix 1/72 Alphajet. Bought for it's comedy value, this is actually a surprisingly nice-looking (if basic) kit of an aircraft that only vaguely resembles any Franco-German jet trainer ever built. You have the impression that the toolmaker was aware of this because he's given the crew Pinnochio noses....... Whiffing heaven of course: you could pass it off as an entirely different aircraft, never mind an early prototype. I may post pictures later.... ;D

2. Revell 1/72nd F-16B. Well, you can't not have at least one Viper can you? Bought 'cos it was cheap rather than for any definate purpose, it's nevertheless whiffworthy because it has single and two-seat forward fuselages and two two-seat canopies in it. Give thanks to the God of packing errors....

3. Italeri 1/72nd Kfir C2-C7. Either this or the Hase one are donating their wings to an Avro Archer, although mind you, since I do have two F-86D fuselages now....... :wacko:

4. Heller 1/72nd Ouragan. Looks lovely in the box (famous last words, I know). The obvious thing to do would be to make it Salvadorean to go with my Single-Seat Magister.

5. Heller 1/72nd Mirage IVA. Ugly thing: came as a job lot with some of the others. No idea what to do with it: might chop it up for spares or make a spaceship of it or something.........
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on May 02, 2009, 03:22:52 AM
Bumper crop from ebay today, mainly due to late deliveries all rolling up at once..... :rolleyes:

1. Starfix 1/72 Alphajet. Bought for it's comedy value, this is actually a surprisingly nice-looking (if basic) kit of an aircraft that only vaguely resembles any Franco-German jet trainer ever built. You have the impression that the toolmaker was aware of this because he's given the crew Pinnochio noses....... Whiffing heaven of course: you could pass it off as an entirely different aircraft, never mind an early prototype. I may post pictures later.... ;D

2. Revell 1/72nd F-16B. Well, you can't not have at least one Viper can you? Bought 'cos it was cheap rather than for any definate purpose, it's nevertheless whiffworthy because it has single and two-seat forward fuselages and two two-seat canopies in it. Give thanks to the God of packing errors....

3. Italeri 1/72nd Kfir C2-C7. Either this or the Hase one are donating their wings to an Avro Archer, although mind you, since I do have two F-86D fuselages now....... :wacko:

4. Heller 1/72nd Ouragan. Looks lovely in the box (famous last words, I know). The obvious thing to do would be to make it Salvadorean to go with my Single-Seat Magister.

5. Heller 1/72nd Mirage IVA. Ugly thing: came as a job lot with some of the others. No idea what to do with it: might chop it up for spares or make a spaceship of it or something.........
You have said that on purpose to wind me up havn't you :lol:
That mirage can be given a very good kind and loving home here.
I got some kits this morning courtesy of the missus doing her car boot rounds.
1/800 kiteck USS George Washington, still sealed and untouched, the kit looks pretty good really.
Airfix 1/600 HMS Fearless,never been opened.
Airfix Saab Viggen, been opened but all there and in mint condition.
I won't build any of these, soI will put them up for swaps or sale.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Surely some mistake? Are you telling us that Starfix actually employed toolmakers?  :huh:

I was always under the impression that they bought up Airfix's scrap skips (= dumpsters in American....) and had them shipped to their 'factory' where they mixed and matched all the bits...........  :lol: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 02, 2009, 06:50:07 AM

Surely some mistake? Are you telling us that Starfix actually employed toolmakers?  :huh:

I was always under the impression that they bought up Airfix's scrap skips (= dumpsters in American....) and had them shipped to their 'factory' where they mixed and matched all the bits...........  :lol: ;D
Come on Kit... we both know that Starfix were never that technical :rolleyes:
Chris.

Ed S

Picked up one of the new Italeri repop of the AMT XB-49, jet powered flying wing. Had a Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon so the price was reasonable.  The theme for our local club contest next year will be WWII "46. (I think that the WHIFF's I take to club meeting has some others interested.)  I'm going to see if I can mate an F-85 Goblin with the B-49.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Weaver

As promised:

In particular, look at the wing planform, the control surfaces, the taper of the top of the rear fuselage, the engine nozzles, the splitter plates, the nose, the fin sweep......

I'm seriously considering nicking the Argentine decals from my Pucara and presenting this as an FMA IA.126 "Super Pampa"....... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Green Dragon

Got a big box of stash fillers from The Wooksta Saturday morning!
MPC Return Of The Jedi Tydirium Shuttle (gonna chop up my old damaged one to make a Drop Ship or Scout)
Hasegawa F9F-2 Panther (beaut kit, one of Hase's finest, possibly Israeli Navy)
Two Revell/Italeri A-10A Thunderbolts (Maybe one similar to Hogzilla and one V/STOL?)
Italeri Sukhoi Su34/32 (Indian Air Force?)
ESCI AV-8B (not sure, possibly Australian Navy or part of a V/STOL transport)
Dragon 1/72nd Maus Heavy Tank  :tank:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 30, 2009, 02:27:16 AM
My stash finally succumbed to the Tamiya 1/48 scale Fo 335 that's been staring at me in Modelzone for about a year  ;D If I can get the markings - probably Hungarian.

Gotcha covered, Chris....... 'Got a couple, OK quite a few, Bf109 sheets in the stash. eMail me at the usual address  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

From the car boot sale via the missus, 1960's Airfix Avro Anson in 72nd scale, Novo (Frog) Mustang P-51 A/ Mk2. in 72nd scale. Revell Germany Blackburn Skua in 72nd scale. These are not my thing so will be going up for sale/swap soon.
And 2 kits from the main man himself Thorvic, zvesda su-39 and xtrakit PR9 Canberra.
No real plans for these yet, but will be getting the central America treatment no doubt.
Cheers,
Chris.

ChernayaAkula

Broke down and bought an F-15 Eggle today. :lol: Japanese Eggressor, maybe?  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 04, 2009, 03:24:26 PM
Broke down and bought an F-15 Eggle today. :lol: Japanese Eggressor, maybe?  :wacko:

go on you know you REALLY, REALLY want to!  ;D

btw, at the model club i go to the re-released egg planes have been a big diversion from
'normal' modelling. not only are some entering these in competitions; there's a USS Yoketown
being built; some scratchbuilt egg planes [via a polystyrene egg] and even a couple F-51's
turned into an F-82 eggplane.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Mossie

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 04, 2009, 03:24:26 PM

The F-15 featured in the Egg kit has worn several special & Aggressor schemes in it's career, do a web search on 72-8963 & you'll find a lot of pics with a bit a rumaging.  I was thinking about seeing if I could replicate the dragon that it once wore, although I thought it might be beyond my skills.  I'm going down a completely different route with my F-15 Egg.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChernayaAkula

Eggressor it is!   :thumbsup: :lol: Ordered a 1/144 sheet for Japanese 1/144 F-15DJ Aggressors from HLJ today. I guess 1/144 is about right. Hope to replicate THIS:o I'll probably curse the day I came up with this idea when I have to mask the stencils.  :rolleyes:

Also got a pre-assembled, pre-painted Maisto 1/12 Suzuki GSX-R 750. I figure this will look good repainted with some kind (haven't decided yet) of aircraft camouflage!  :o
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

at last my SU-9 teapot arrived today, and a manufacturer I have never heard off before,Cooperativa  of Russia. The kit looks ok......he says :blink:
But I think the missiles from it might be going on my Mig-13 "Fishpond" (sovietish saab tunnan).
Chris.