My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I've seen a couple of Cooperativa kits Chris - all depends on if the co-op was co-operating the day they moulded the kit  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sisko

Warhammer 40k Valkyrie, Lema Russ and Shadowsword.

Also picked up a couple of Hobbyboss kits.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Green Dragon

Saw a display model of the Valkyrie (looks really very good) in the local GW a couple of weeks back but £35 is too much for one small kit to me.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Sisko

I agree GW is always very expensive especially here in OZ. Transport exchange rate etc.

Still can't help myself they just look so cool!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

pyro-manic

You should be able to pick them up on ebay and independent webstores for a much better price fairly soon. I never buy GW stuff direct any more (especially since they stopped their bits service).
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Howard of Effingham

hmm, yesterday or tuesday, i forget's which....  ;D

RoG F-22 Raptor
RoG P-51B Mustang
RoG F-4U-5 Corsair

the mustang will be donating its bazooka launchers to a USAF skyraider i'm doing
in a euro1 paint scheme [which i don't think they ever had]. the corsair, now that
i have two of them, may go zwilling or something similiar or one of them
could get the RAF markings from the mustang.

oh! the agony of choice.......  ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

Aircav

Bought a couple of 1/72 Diecasts, a VW mini bus which will get repainted and a BMW Isetta in Lufthansa colours  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 06, 2009, 02:21:34 AM
I've seen a couple of Cooperativa kits Chris - all depends on if the co-op was co-operating the day they moulded the kit  :wacko:
:lol:
Thats sounds absolutely favourite Chris, as long as it isn't anywhere near the marvellous quality of ACE and Amodel kits I will be very happy.
I went into my LMS today to pick up some paint and to enquire about the new Hobbyboss HH-60 rescue/jayhawks, anyway they had one of each in so.....well you know the rest :wacko:
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

From evilbay, a bag of spares for a couple of quid. Mostly aircraft weapons, the inevitable harrier wheels, a rather nice prop and some unidentified ship bits.

Quote from: chrisonord on May 07, 2009, 11:00:06 AM
That sounds absolutely favourite Chris, as long as it isn't anywhere near the marvellous quality of ACE and Amodel kits I will be very happy.

Have you had trouble with ACE kits then? I've bought several, but not built any of them yet...... :huh:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

from relish models [not used them before] and in less than a week!

4 paragon 1/72 two stage merlin engines.

two of these are going on a mosquito but the other two who knows....
Keeper of George the Cat.

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on May 07, 2009, 07:32:19 PM
From evilbay, a bag of spares for a couple of quid. Mostly aircraft weapons, the inevitable harrier wheels, a rather nice prop and some unidentified ship bits.

That sounds absolutely favourite Chris, as long as it isn't anywhere near the marvellous quality of ACE and Amodel kits I will be very happy.

Have you had trouble with ACE kits then? I've bought several, but not built any of them yet...... :huh:
Oh dear H, you have built Amodel kits haven't you? well.....It would be an easier job if you melted them down into a solid block of plastic and carved the shape out :rolleyes:
I could not resist buying a starfix alpha jet when I saw one, just to gove myself a childish giggle at it :lol:
Chris.

NARSES2

I've built A-Model kits Chris and they can be "playfull" but I find them ok. Must check the small print on the meds again  ;D

From the Big H.

Trumpeter 1/700 HMS Zulu

Berna Decals Breguet Alize - bought them for the great selection of French naval unit markings.

Dutch Decal/Kits at War - RAF Mosquitos and Beaufighters for my 1947/1949 Strike Wings

Rising Decals - Japanese Light Bombers again bought mainly for the unit markings for my 1946/1949 scenario

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: chrisonord on May 08, 2009, 03:40:55 AM

Oh dear H, you have built Amodel kits haven't you? well.....It would be an easier job if you melted them down into a solid block of plastic and carved the shape out :rolleyes:
I could not resist buying a starfix alpha jet when I saw one, just to gove myself a childish giggle at it :lol:
Chris.

Yes I have built Amodel kits (not brilliant but workable), but I was asking about ACE kits........ :unsure:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Daryl J.

She arrived today the Wingnuts Junkers did.  It's easily summed up with one word:  'Wow!'
Hopefully a bunch of you get a crack at this brand.

:cheers:
Daryl J.

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on May 08, 2009, 10:39:07 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on May 08, 2009, 03:40:55 AM

Chris.

Yes I have built Amodel kits (not brilliant but workable), but I was asking about ACE kits........ :unsure:
Have you got any wood working or stone masonry tools? an angle grinder could be handy, and some very strong alcohol absinthe does the trick.
Chris.