My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

The Bronco 1/35 V-1 arrived today via the man with the red van and its a very nice kit too, great detail plus a trolley to put it on, shame its going on the back of a lorry but all is not lost as the wheels and castor units should be idea for the beaching trolley for me 1/72 flying boat  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

JayBee

Well, I visited my Local Model shop today, Jamieson's in Glasgow, it is only 37 miles away, and got various bits and pieces.
Books, paints, airbrush cleaner. Modelstrip ( Do not ask!!!!) and ONE kit.
The Revel re-surrected Matchbox Twin Otter. I needed it for some bits for a Soviet NATS model, but having looked at what is going to be left I now know what to do with it, and I can safely say it's Momma is nor goinig to recognise it.
BUT, it will still be from Canada!
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Daryl J.

My wife walked through the door this morning with the day's postal delivery and in her hands was her Wingnuts LVG.

Part of our family's plan to deal with our country's economic downturn is a weekly event called Project Night.   
Yes, I know, I'll build most of it.   Thus the LVG is included here.   :party: :party: :party:

Daryl J.

Howard of Effingham

hmm, nice and quickly delivered from relish models.....  :thumbsup:

2 hasegawa F/A-18F for £11.99 each.

the xtradecal sheet for the sea vixen and one of their sheet's of WW2 roundels
Keeper of George the Cat.

Weaver

Courtesy of our very own McGreig:

Revell Curtis Hawk 75A
Smer Polikarpov I-153
2 more missile pods from Esci's "Wrong" Hokum

all 1/72nd

:drink:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Xrtakit Scimitar.

Little bit disapointed with this. There are some marks on one fusalage half that look as though a scriber has been dragged across the surface and one of the wing tips has a slight "tear". Both can be fixed but on a new kit a little disapointing. Still must remember these are by Sword not MPM.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

From a second hand site, 1/72nd scale Hasegawa F-8 Crusader, because it was £3.75 and untouched.
Revell HU-16 Albatross from Kitcrazy, this is going to get the turbo prop treatment.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

nev

Inspired by Third Age: Total War (see thread here http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,24304.new.html#new ) I went and bought a couple of GW LOTR sets to do a little vignette - Muhad King (mounted on a camel no less :D) and a couple of Haradrim standard bearers.

A bit pricey, but I look forward to painting them.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Spey_Phantom

this weekend i bought a revell 1/72 Mirage III E/R, very nice kit with bombs on the tanks and a detailed ATAR engine  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Aircav

Quote from: nev on May 18, 2009, 05:00:51 AM
Inspired by Third Age: Total War (see thread here http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,24304.new.html#new ) I went and bought a couple of GW LOTR sets to do a little vignette - Muhad King (mounted on a camel no less :D) and a couple of Haradrim standard bearers.

A bit pricey, but I look forward to painting them.

I bought the ENT (walking tree) from GW on Saturday and its really nice, got about half of it built already but as you say Nev there are a little pricey.

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Radish

1/72nd Revell (Supermodel) Bv 138 "Flying Clog" :wub: :wub:
1/72nd HobbyBoss Ms406 x 2 (one for Biggles, the other....could be real as it has excellent British and Finnish decal options!)
1/144th Airfix "Clipper" flying boat.....for Biggles...German Luftwaffe, but I could buy more....Japanese Navy? USN??
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

chrisonord

From Ebay, 1/72nd scale Revell Luchs 8x8 armoured car, very nice kit, as I have built one before, will be part of my Honduras army task force.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitbasher

Quote from: Radish on May 19, 2009, 11:03:38 AM
1/72nd HobbyBoss Ms406 x 2 (one for Biggles, the other....could be real as it has excellent British and Finnish decal options!)
My British one:

Helpful references at:
http://forums.netwings.org/forums/archive/index.php?t-4315.html
http://aviation-ancienne.forumactif.com/section-graphique-f49/morane-saulnier-ms-406-t3335.htm
http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=4099
http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=AMD48454 – this Aeromaster decal sheet suggests the RAF serial was carried, while the Hobby Boss kit omits it.  Unfortunately the couple of photos of the RAF's Moranes that were found on the web were too dark to confirm whether or not the RAF serials were indeed carried.
http://flightdecs.ca/A_carpena%2072.htm – see sheet 7249.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Daryl J.

The Biff is here.   My stash is now complete!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Thanks, Mr. Jackson, you've given me some happiness.

Daryl J.

Aircav

A friend and me have been up to Franks shop (Kit Box) in Whitley Bay this afternoon, saw a Aston Martin Vantage on the way up with the reg B7 AKE, anyway I bought the following,

1/48 Eduard Airco DH-2
1/72 Trumpeter JL-8/K-8
1/72 MPM XP-56 Black Bullet
1/35 MiniArt Soviet Naval troops
1/700 Hobbyboss USS SSN-23 Jimmy Carter

Sir Sydney Camm