My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

Picked up a Trumpeter FBC-1 Flying Leopard today, which will become Spinners' Panther GR.1. Also an Eastern Express (ex-Frog I assume) Sea Venom. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I might convert it to a Venom fighter bomber in the Middle East. Will have to see how much needs doing to it before I decide.

Also got some Micro Sol and Micro Set.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

frank2056

Just restocked some of my paint supplies, and threw in a Hasegawa 1/350 Japanese Navy Warship's Boats Set A (which has a cool looking torpedo boat) and an Airfix 1/72 Alpha Jet.

Howard of Effingham

been off-line for nearly a week, but.....

at the SIG meet last saturday, i got....

airfix fairey battle
airfix westland lynx
testors supermarine swift
fujimi cutlass
RoG northrop F-5B
academy F-18C
hasegawa F11F tiger
italeri F5F-5N hellcat
unknown eastern manu' [nee frog] meteor F4
matchbox AW meteor NF

some decals and resin bits from PR19kit  :thumbsup:

and may i say it was a really great day out meeting the crazy gang!
Keeper of George the Cat.

Spey_Phantom

it took a whilen but i finally managed to get hold of one  :wub:

Revell 1/78 Rotodyne  ;D
and it looks rotolycious  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Weaver

From the bay of evil, a Heller 1/72nd F-84G Thunderjet.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Radish

Today...1/72nd Airfix Mosquito NF something, the one with Swedish markings and 4-blade props. :thumbsup:
Not sure what it'll be yet, but possibly civil (again). :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

From Chrisonord, in exchange for a Heller Mirage IV:

Airfix 1/72nd Viggen: no definate plans, but it's tail and nose cone mean that I now have enough parts for two Avro Archers... :mellow:

Matchbox 1/76th M16 halftrack (M3 with the quad .50cal AAA). I wanted this in order to put the track units on a Heller Vab, but now I've looked at it, I think it'd be more suitable for another project, namely a half-track JB Bedford QL. An Airfix M3, with it's one-piece track units, will be bought for the VAB.

From ebay, Bandai Tester plane 03:

It appears to be a "flying submarine" type vehicle, which not only has FIRING MISSILES, but steerable wheels, a minisub in a compartment in the nose, and two interchangeable craft that fit in the belly, one of which is a submarine that floats and has a RUBBER BAND DRIVEN PROPELLOR!

Awesome!  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

As usual, I have no idea what show it's from because all the box is in Japanese, but looking at the artwork of others in the series, it seems to be some sort of Thunderbirds rip-off, with a various craft operating from a half-island, half-aircraft-carrier base. Tester Plane 01 is by far the coolest, but it's one that I've never yet seen on ebay.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

chrisonord

as above, the mirage, will get its bomb recess blanked off,and 4 pylons fitted to the fuselage to carry ether 4 exocets, or 4 kormoran's. The wing tanks might get the chop also, and some ASM's put on the pylons. OR.....
I may do it as a Mirage "le sparque varque" ECM platform, with a modded and bulged belly full of electronics, and a dorsal fin mounted ECM suite.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

Quote from: chrisonord on May 30, 2009, 01:55:45 PM
as above, the mirage, will get its bomb recess blanked off,and 4 pylons fitted to the fuselage to carry ether 4 exocets, or 4 kormoran's. The wing tanks might get the chop also, and some ASM's put on the pylons. OR.....
I may do it as a Mirage "le sparque varque" ECM platform, with a modded and bulged belly full of electronics, and a dorsal fin mounted ECM suite.

How about a defence suppression version? That way you get the electronics AND the missiles.....

If we're being all French about it, you could have a pair of ARMATs (look just like AS.37 MARTELs) to take out the radars and a pair of AS.30Ls to take out the launchers.

- Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Hmm, now there is a thought. I don't have any of those missiles though, the only euro anti radar missiles I have are ALARM. I will have to look into that
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

Quote from: chrisonord on May 30, 2009, 04:42:10 PM
Hmm, now there is a thought. I don't have any of those missiles though, the only euro anti radar missiles I have are ALARM. I will have to look into that
Cheers,
Chris.

I'm not up on current kits of French aircraft, but surely there must be a Mirage 2000 kit with either AS.30Ls or French LGBs (which would do the job too). Remember that you'd need an ATLIS (early) or Damocles (?) (late) laser pod somewhere too.

If you havn't got the French weapons, they why not put the aircraft in service with somebody else? An Italian or Spanish one might very well have US weapons like HARMs and Mavericks. A Swedish or Aussie one might have ALARMs.

- Indiana Jones

Martin H

From todays Hendon show

Airfix B-24J Liberator
Contrail Blackburn Beverley.
Contrail Liberator transport conversion.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Mossie

Quote from: Martin H on May 31, 2009, 11:31:09 AM

Contrail Blackburn Beverley.

Looking forward to see what you do with the Bev Martin! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Martin H

at my built rate that will be long after ive started to draw my pension LOL
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitbasher

From yesterday's Hendon show:

In:
Academy Bronco/AZ Spiteful/Aeroclub Shackleton conversion/Heller Potez 63-11/Kitech EA-6B Prowler/made-up Airfix Sturmovik/battered made-up Revell/Mongram Ford Trimotor (Prowler/Sturmovik/Trimotor for whiffing)
Pending:
Novo Wellington/Hasegawa Bronco
Out:
Heller F-104/Revell FW190A-8/Revell FW190F-8/Airfix Draken/Frog Hunter/Airfix Dinah

Net gain 2.   ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter