My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Fro models for sale my Mig 1.44 arrived today, and fairly reasonably priced also. I have already built one of these, but this one will be a bit special when I come round to building it, thinking how many R-77's can I stick on this thing :wacko:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

pyro-manic

Just arrived in the post today, one of these monsters: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN916415  :wacko:

Got a good deal on it (minus the enormous box) from a chap in Canada who didn't want it.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

AeroplaneDriver

Well it's been a long time since the stash grew...nothing added for about 8 months except for the four preordered Airfix TSR.2s that arrived a few months ago.  I made a trip to the LHS today though and added a Hobbyboss CH-46E...it may end up as a RN commando helo operating in SE Asia...

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Steel Penguin

anouther HLBS 1:48 BRDM for my 80s eara russians
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Weaver

Airfix 1/72nd Tucano from ebay. Mostly 'cos it was there and cheap, but it gave me the idea for the Pistonator GB, so if that ever gets launched, it may be getting some or all of: Peregrine engine, greenhouse canopy (Meteor NF.11?), tailwheel gear. Another classic example of "box inflation" too: this thing is tiny and simple, yet it's rattling around in a Series 3 box that could hold four of them. I bet you could get a 1/48th one in there... :unsure:

Also got a roll of 0.5mm masking tape, mostly 'cos I just had to see it for myself.... :blink:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

an airfix  :tornado: GR4/4A and one of their F-15E's
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on June 08, 2009, 02:24:10 PM

Also got a roll of 0.5mm masking tape, mostly 'cos I just had to see it for myself.... :blink:

I got some of that from Little Cars - they do 3mm down to 0.5mm. The 0.5mm and 1.00mm is great for seat belts. The others for the initial canopy masking - I am getting better at it, by infinitesimal amounts but I am honest  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

1/32nd 21st Century Macchi C.205 Veltro.....a beauty and I need another!
Hobby Boss 1/48th FM-2 Wildcat....to be built as a RN Wildcat VI
Hobby Boss 1/72nd FM-2 Wildcat.....as above
Techmod 1/72nd and 1/48th Wildcat VI decals.
:party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

sideshowbob9

Ebay:

1/72:
Airfix Blenheim IV
Valom Fisher P-75A Eagle
Valom Sukhoi Su-6 M-82 (Actually has a AM-42-engined variant's fuselage as well and my old Fw-189 wing is a close match so.......)
Novo? Tupolev SB-2
Eastern Express Miles Master III
Revell Northrop F-89D
Frog? Fokker D.XXI
4 x Revell/Academy Hawker Hurricane IIC/Ds
? Curtiss P-40
Frog? Vultee Vengeance
Novo Martin Baltimore
Heller? Mig-29UB
MPM Fairey Battle TT.I
Amodel Sukhoi T-49
2 x MPM Sea Fury T.20/T.61s
? Hawker Typhoon (Car Door)
Frog Fairey Barracuda
Emhar Lockheed F-94C
Airfix F-86D
? Sukhoi Su-9

1/48:
Valom Yak-7V

1/144:
Airfix 707-400
Academy Boeing B-29
Academy DC-6B
Hasegawa YS-11

LHS:

1/48:
Academy P-35

1/72:
? Super Puma
? Saab Draken
? Dewoitine D.520
? Morane-Saulnier MS.406
? Tupolev Tu-2

1/144:
Academy Boeing KC-97G

I'm going to kill me!  ;D

Mossie

Your insight serves you well Luke....  India would be good!

I eyed up an Italeri Blinder the other week & similar thoughts were going through my mind, although it stayed on the shelf.  All sorts of fun you can have with Indian camouflage!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ChernayaAkula

An AH-64A in 1/72 from Academy and a truck-load of decals, PE and even some resin.

And a 1/72 CMK F-16I Sufa conversion for 50% off!  :o :party: Maybe I should get another one to use on an F-2.  :drink:

Quote from: Overkiller on June 09, 2009, 12:45:06 PM
1/72 Esci Backfire C  :wub: (The Voices Say: Indian Air Force.....)

Listen to them! ;) They may be on to something!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Doc Yo

Nothing too exciting, a Frog M.C. 202 in 1/72. I have a notion to pick up a couple more to cobble together
the tri-motor Italian Heavy fighter discussed awhile back.

chrisonord

Today arrived my Italeri Saab Gripen, what I am going to do with this I don't yet know, and a Mig 17 by Kopro. The mig will be part of the low end fighter aircraft belonging to my Nicaraguan cartel.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

sideshowbob9

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on June 09, 2009, 01:49:12 PM
Quote from: Overkiller on June 09, 2009, 12:45:06 PM
1/72 Esci Backfire C  :wub: (The Voices Say: Indian Air Force.....)
Listen to them! ;) They may be on to something!

Do you hear the voices too?

I agree you should defo listen to them.

Got another 1/72 Academy Tempest V from the LHS today..... and a Caproni Ca.314.... and a grubby old Airfix DC-9.

The Tempest's gonna give up it's Sabre for my Sabre-Blenheim and the Caproni will give up it's Isotta-Fraschini Deltas probably to a Hurricane and a LAGG.