My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

Any idea why twobob's is dropping the xtradecal range?
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Weaver

From Hobbycraft: Airfix 1/72nd M3 halftrack, to donate it's track units to a VAB. Dunno what to do with the rest....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Another Spitfire F.22/24 in 1/48 by Airfix. My third.  :rolleyes: May need a couple more. Let's see... Hong Kong, Egyptian AF, Syrian AF, float plane fighter, Israeli, maybe an RAF Spit in some yet to be concocted Kenyan/Tanzanian clash in the 1950s... yeah, I need some more.  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on June 15, 2009, 05:04:49 AM
maybe an RAF Spit in some yet to be concocted Kenyan/Tanzanian clash in the 1950s... yeah, I need some more.  :wacko:

i like this idea best moritz.
Keeper of George the Cat.

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on June 14, 2009, 06:26:26 PM
From Hobbycraft: Airfix 1/72nd M3 halftrack, to donate it's track units to a VAB. Dunno what to do with the rest....
I thought you were doing that with the one you got off me??
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

Quote from: chrisonord on June 15, 2009, 06:19:39 AM
Quote from: Weaver on June 14, 2009, 06:26:26 PM
I thought you were doing that with the one you got off me??

Nope - your's is going on a JB Bedford truck now. It's a function of the different ways the two kits are constructed.

The Matchbox kit has separate sprockets, bogies and tracks, so it needs the stub axles and springs on the chassis to assemble it to. It may be possible to just drop the Bedford body onto it, but even if that's not possible, the Bedford chassis can be modified.

The Airfix kit has the sprockets, bogies and track all moulded in one piece, so it's much easier to mount it to the monocoque VAB chassis which doesn't provide locating points for the individual pieces.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on June 15, 2009, 05:42:49 AM
maybe an RAF Spit in some yet to be concocted Kenyan/Tanzanian clash in the 1950s... <...>

:cheers:

I thought about this as a local war, but with more or less heavy influence by the colonial-/superpowers. Spits (or other piston-engined aircraft) would be flown in the earlier parts of the war, while later on there'd be the early jet fighters/bombers. Sort of like Korea 1950-1953. Soviets try to get a foothold in East Africa and supply Tanzania.
Having the Brits as a colonial power allows keeping out the Americans.  ;D Not that I have something against Americans, but if you bring in the US to a what-if scenario, it's fairly certain whose hardware is used. This way, I can concentrate on using Brit kit. :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

pyro-manic

Kenyan Vampires, Venoms and Meteors? :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

ChernayaAkula

Exactly! :thumbsup: Maybe some Sabres as well. Can't keep the 'mericuns out completely, I guess. :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

AeroplaneDriver

First ebay purchase in about 8 months arrived today!

For $30 I got:

2x Eduard 1/72 Aero L-39 w. PE and canopy masks
Fujimi 1/72 A-6E
Hase 1/72 Mil-24 Hind D
Hase 1/72 Jaguar GR.1
Italeri 1/72 BAe Hawk 100
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

NARSES2

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on June 15, 2009, 12:27:42 PM
maybe an RAF Spit in some yet to be concocted Kenyan/Tanzanian clash in the 1950s... <...>

I thought about this as a local war, but with more or less heavy influence by the colonial-/superpowers. Spits (or other piston-engined aircraft) would be flown in the earlier parts of the war, while later on there'd be the early jet fighters/bombers. Sort of like Korea 1950-1953. Soviets try to get a foothold in East Africa and supply Tanzania.
Having the Brits as a colonial power allows keeping out the Americans. 

So may be Kenya is granted a level of independence during the Mau Mau insurgency,the moderates are brought into Goverment (a classic manouver) whilst the hard liners retreat to a newly independent Tanganika, Uganda or Somalia and launch an offensive with the help of Soviet aid ? Would need to be fairly low key to keep the US out. Maybe the Soviets could send aid via a third party, Egypt perhaps, as they are not really interested in it seeing it more as a diversionary tactic ? Third party aid would keep the level of equipment scales down a bit - maybe Egypt supply Spits, Macchis and then some Mig 15's or even early Soviet Tadpole types.

Sorry got a little carried away

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

More wargames then anything but I thought I'd share as it may come in useful for other things

As part of my Wargames Illustrated subscription I got my free "Flames of War" pack yesterday - "Sgt Tom Stanley's 6pdr platoon"

I think the stuff is 15mm scale (not sure what that equates to) and includes 4 white metal 6 pdrs (nicely detailed little kits), crews for said, HQ platoon and a nice resin carrier (single piece, lovely bit of casting) bases and some scenery items.

I'm not a fan of the "Flames of War" rules system (mainly an ancients guy - note Duncan and Mossie "ancients not ancient  ;D) but the pack is very nice and will fit the small action rules I use.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

philp

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 16, 2009, 01:37:50 AM
Quote from: ChernayaAkula on June 15, 2009, 12:27:42 PM

Having the Brits as a colonial power allows keeping out the Americans. 

So may be Kenya is granted a level of independence during the Mau Mau insurgency,the moderates are brought into Goverment (a classic manouver) whilst the hard liners retreat to a newly independent Tanganika, Uganda or Somalia and launch an offensive with the help of Soviet aid ? Would need to be fairly low key to keep the US out. Maybe the Soviets could send aid via a third party, Egypt perhaps, as they are not really interested in it seeing it more as a diversionary tactic ? Third party aid would keep the level of equipment scales down a bit - maybe Egypt supply Spits, Macchis and then some Mig 15's or even early Soviet Tadpole types.

Sorry got a little carried away

Chris

Sounds like the perfect place for a Rabid Munk :thumbsup:. Though not sure which side.

Picked up the Pegasus M-46 in 1/72nd yesterday.  Comes with the Tiger stripe markings for Korea which is a version I have wanted to make for a long time.  Good detailed little kit with link and length tracks.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Mossie

I'm another with Swag from Home Bargains, 21st Century Toys 1/32 Macchi C.205 Veltro, Ju-87B/R Stuka & A6M3 Zero Model 22.

Why?  £5.97 for the three!  I don't build 1/32, but I'm sure they'll come handy..... :unsure:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

This morning my Hobbycraft 1/72nd scale Avro Arrow arrived. This is going to be a S.H.A.D.O. aircraft, and will have flush fit missiles on the fuselage, and possible some tanks and maybe more missiles on the wings.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!