My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

There are quite a few colourful pre-war FAA squadron markings. I've sometimes wondered what their aircraft would have looked like if they'd hankered back to this period in the post war era, in a similar way to the RAF.

There's a handful of Squadron markings on rafweb:
http://www.rafweb.org/SqnMark802-1435.htm
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

John Howling Mouse

I completely forgot about Father's Day until I was awoken this morning to a very nice card and some gifts, including a 1:48 Chinook....YAAAAAY!!!!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

matrixone

My last addition to my stash for a while is the PM Models 1/72 Ta 183, no more new kits for me until the Dragon 1/48 scale Ta 152C comes out later this year.

Matrixone

Radish

Courtesy of younger daughter...two 21st Century.....Veltro and Bf-109G-14 :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Howard of Effingham

1/72 airfix fokker friendship

very nice kit and some outstandingly good decals. hell! the sheet only just fits in the box.....  :rolleyes:

also a new cutting mat and superfine tweezers
Keeper of George the Cat.

Nigel Bunker

Anybody not putting a few 21st Century 32nd scale kits in the loft? 3 Stukas, 3 Veltros and a 109 courtesy of Home Bargains.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

JayBee

Quote from: Nigel Bunker on June 22, 2009, 07:21:03 AM
Anybody not putting a few 21st Century 32nd scale kits in the loft? 3 Stukas, 3 Veltros and a 109 courtesy of Home Bargains.

ME.

My nearest Home Bargains is 40 miles away! :banghead:

TANJ!
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Martin H

well u will live out in the boondocks Jim
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

ChernayaAkula

Courtesy of Lucky Models current 6th Anniversary Sale (LINKO! (Hope that's okay)):

One Academy 1/72 F/A-18A Hornet, a 1/48 Hasegawa JGSDF AH-64D Apache and two 1/72 Hasegawa Weapon Sets V (the one with the Penguins). Do you guys think I can fit 5 or 6 Penguins under a Norwegian Tornado ? :wacko:

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on June 22, 2009, 11:41:16 AM
Courtesy of Lucky Models current 6th Anniversary Sale (LINKO! (Hope that's okay)):

One Academy 1/72 F/A-18A Hornet, a 1/48 Hasegawa JGSDF AH-64D Apache and two 1/72 Hasegawa Weapon Sets V (the one with the Penguins). Do you guys think I can fit 5 or 6 Penguins under a Norwegian Tornado ? :wacko:
Only six???
and the rest  :wacko:
Chris.

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

Hmmm -what I won  on ebay were two old 1/72nd Hase kits: an F-105D and a MiG-17F (the one with Izumrud and Alkalis). Unfortunately, what I got in the post was the F-105D and a MiG-23S: the same rather poor MIG-23S that I've already got in it's Academy incarnation.... :banghead: E-mail sent...... :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

from abracraft in kenilworth [its such a lovely sunny day here..... honest!]

RoG F-16 Block 50/52
RoG Blohm und Voss BV P194
Keeper of George the Cat.

Weaver

Bumper crop from ebay today:

Airfix 1/72nd IL-28 Beagle, still sealed, for a very reasonable price (less than the postage!). Thinking swept wing for Patchwork World......

Revell 1/72nd Boeing X-32A. Dunno, but so ugly I just had to have it.... ;D The Avro the Cheshire Militia might be flying in about 2030?

Revell 1/72nd Marder 1A3.

Airfix 1/76th Scorpion/Scimitar.

Thinking of the Scorpion turret on the Marder hull as an alternative British IFV to the Warrior.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on June 23, 2009, 05:06:59 AM
from abracraft in kenilworth [its such a lovely sunny day here..... honest!]
RoG F-16 Block 50/52

*green-with-envy*
You lucky....!  :o :wacko:

That's one kit Revell should definitely repop! The earlier the better!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on June 22, 2009, 08:17:39 AM
Quote from: Nigel Bunker on June 22, 2009, 07:21:03 AM

ME.

My nearest Home Bargains is 40 miles away! :banghead:

And me - my nearest is Bletchley 50 miles away
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.