My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Sword 1/72 P-80. Looks ok, a tiny bit of flash at the top of the fin, some nice resin wheel bay's and no etched. Proof of pudding will be the build. Going to do her in my alt extended WWII scenario as based either in Northern Italy or France at the end of the war in Europe, circa 1949.

Also from Hannants some Eduard masks from their special offers
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sideshowbob9

From Ebay (all 1/72):

PM F-100C (to be Durandal-ised)
Matchbox He-70
Airfix B.P. Defiant
Frog Fairey Firefly
Novo Hawker Typhoon (I've lost count of how many sabres I need)
Frogski Vultee Vengeance
Heller J/RF/TF-35 Draken (after 5/6 attempts all exceeding £20, I get this one for £7  :blink:)

LHS:

Hasegawa 1/72 F-102 (to be converted to a TF-102)

Radish

A few Home Bargains 21st Century Veltros and Bf-109G-14s.....just a few more, it'd be churlish to not buy.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Spey_Phantom

added another to the stash today  ;D

Revell 1/72 T-2C/E Buckeye  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

ChernayaAkula

Another (:rolleyes:) two Academy 1/72 F/A-18A Hornets were added to the stash today. The latter of the two marks the 666th kit in my stash.  :wacko: The kit of the beast. 

666 kits. :o I'm mad, I know.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Howard of Effingham

from the wilds of east anglia......

hasegawa 1/72 F-16 double kit, one with the retro TX ANG 111FS markings and three other commander a/c from the
147FW.

and from relish models

hasegawa 1/72 F-18 chippy ho! TRIPLE kit and no less than five markings options on a truly GIGANTIC
decal sheet.

both boxes have some after market decal sheets in them.

i'm in shock.......  ;D :rolleyes: ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Whilst out for the day with Nick on Tuesday a Zveda 1/350 Russian Battleship "Oriol". Cheap at MZ but has no instructions. Shouldn't be a problem as I have some pics of her and a lot of it is fairly obvious - I hope  :banghead: I have a "thing for" pre Dreadnaught type warships
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Today arrived my Hasegawa JASDF weapons set from Lucky model, all I can say about these weapons "FUNKY"!!
This kit including the postage cost less than just buying it over here, and that is from Hong Kong!! :unsure:
Which is nice.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Mike Wren

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 25, 2009, 02:19:34 AM
Cheap at MZ but has no instructions. Shouldn't be a problem as I have some pics of her and a lot of it is fairly obvious - I hope  :banghead:

Chris, bang off an email to the Hobby Company, they should be able to sort you some destructions out... enquiries@hobbyco.net

Radish

Better still, build it as a Russian Imperial Space Cruiser on the Mars run, protection for the transports against Space Pirates. :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Weaver

From ebay, a pair of Aeroclub 1/72nd scale Watts 2-bladed propellors, suitable for a Fury OR for making something like a very early Hurricane...... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Mike Wren on June 25, 2009, 05:22:47 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 25, 2009, 02:19:34 AM
Cheap at MZ but has no instructions. Shouldn't be a problem as I have some pics of her and a lot of it is fairly obvious - I hope  :banghead:

Chris, bang off an email to the Hobby Company, they should be able to sort you some destructions out... enquiries@hobbyco.net

Thanks Mike - will do that now

quote from Radish "Better still, build it as a Russian Imperial Space Cruiser on the Mars run, protection for the transports against Space Pirates."

Strangely Rad I had a similar idea. Whilst at the LT Museum with Young Nick on Tuesday we were looking at some items from the 20/30's depicting how the authors thought transport would look like in the future. On one poster which was filled with air-taxis (auto giros) air-buses, air-liners and freight, plus an underground station advertising "London-Glasgow : 1 hour by tube" lurking in the background was a pre-Dreadnaught style battleship - airship. All it had was an extended hull bottom for the "Grav Gas" (there was an ad for the company in the poster) and large propellors and rudder  ;D

ChernayaAkula

Got a notice today I was to pick up a packet at the PO. Didn't remember ordering anything.  :unsure: Was pleasantly surprised that it was some after market stuff (1/48 AH-64D pit, coloured Zoom PE and masks (all from a sale ) and a 1/144 Trumpeter Mörser Karl (also at around 50% off).

I bought the Mörser Karl ( for 3.33 EUR) just on a whim because it was so cheap and I wanted to see what such a small kit would look like. It looks very nice actually. Now, what to do with it? Then I remembered Mav's "Grosse U-Boote" (CLICKY!)!  Now I know! :wacko: But because there is no 1/144 Typhoon-class SSBN (not that I know of anyway) and because it'd be so damn big (1 metre plus), I think I will install a Karl on a Revell 1/144 Type VIIC u-boat. Maybe it could be a trial submarine. Or a Type VIID, as the elongated hull would have more space for a Karl (or two  :rolleyes:).
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Weaver

From ebay:

1. The missing Hase 1/72nd MiG-17D/E

2. 1/72nd Heller Saab J-21: obviously needs a forward engine and unswept wings as a Fokker D.XXIII development.

From the Hannant's Sale (commendably quick delivery too, given their rep.):

1. Special Hobby 1/72nd Reggiane Re 2000 Export Version/Heja I. LOADS of scary good bits in this such as a resin engine with separate cylinders and resin cokpit sidewalls, an etch set, two vac-form canopies  :blink: and some excellent decals - pity I'm not going to use them though, because this is intended as a Spanish Civil War bird...  :rolleyes:

2. Special Hobby 1/72nd Vultee Vengeance. Again, loads of detail goodies and US and Brazilian markings. This is also to be a Spanish Civil War bird, possibly de-evolved a bit with a smaller engine, lower bombload and less guns.

3. "Bargain" scaleless NAMC YS-11 for £1.27. That's teach me: it's a Revel pre-painted mini-kit thing about the size a 50p piece.... :banghead:

4. Trumpeter line etcher.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Update on the Xtrakit SHAR : It comes with an extra canopy to replace the wide one ! Thanks for the tips, Thor....but I had to buy it anyway !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?