My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Got my Hannants Specials delivery yesterday as well -

LF 1/72 Savio Marchetti SM-86 dive bomber. Reading up on this I think the SM prefix suited this prototype rather well as it appears to have needed one to fly it

LF 1/72 Curtis YP-37. Contains some sprues from the AML P-36 and the necessary resin (fuselage etc) for a YP-37.

MPM 1/72 AFJA/SAAB B-5. I have plans for the ski equipped version.

And not in the sale.

Special Hobby 1/72 Blackburn Roc - very nice and has the Finnish markings included. Either the white discs only for the delivery flight or the full service ones.

DP Caspar 1/72 Operation Merkur (Mercury) sheet. Another excellent value sheet - 11 options. First time I've seen a glider offered (a DFS 230) and has the markings for a 805 Sqd FAA Buffalo ! Never knew the FAA had flown this in action and had to check (see below) - well you learn something new every day if you are luck  ;D

http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/Squadrons/805.html

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 26, 2009, 07:20:50 PM
Update on the Xtrakit SHAR : It comes with an extra canopy to replace the wide one ! Thanks for the tips, Thor....but I had to buy it anyway !

:cheers:

Why the blazes didn't you say something? You could have had my one buck shee!! I'm waiting for the new Airfix one to be released.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

lancer

Arrived from Aeroclub this morning, one Warrior models AAE AMX. What a kit!! Resin with hollow cast fuselage, white metal sidewinders, undercarridge legs, oleo struts, resin wheels some 3 vac form canopies 2 sets of decals including one very nice looking Brazillian one and 4 Italian AF. downside, the LA250 I ordered is out of stock! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: So I've got to go searching all over again!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

thedarkmaster

Just got back from being draged to the local church car boot sale,  :banghead: but i was rumaging around looking for some cars for my 9 year old when i came across a bag of bits..........it was a made but damaged A-Model Sukhoi T4, i got it for 20p  ;D  ;D

I've looked at it, no undercarrige and the nose and canopy thing are missing but what the heck it's going to be a whiff anyway.

Lancer if you dont want the SHAR i would take it as i need one to chop up  ;D  ;D
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Mossie

Quote from: thedarkmaster on June 28, 2009, 02:05:12 AM

Just got back from being draged to the local church car boot sale,  :banghead: but i was rumaging around looking for some cars for my 9 year old when i came across a bag of bits..........it was a made but damaged A-Model Sukhoi T4, i got it for 20p  ;D  ;D

I've looked at it, no undercarrige and the nose and canopy thing are missing but what the heck it's going to be a whiff anyway.

Lancer if you dont want the SHAR i would take it as i need one to chop up  ;D  ;D

A T-4!  What a find!!! :party: :party: :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Av8fan

I am trying to control the growth of the pile of kits, but my LHS had a 20% off sale a few weeks back.

We need a face/palm smiley...

Weaver

From ebay, 50 x 1mm and 50 x 0.5mm neodium magnets.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Nigel Bunker

I continue my progress to the dark side: 3x Bf 109G-14 and 2 x Ju 87B/R - all from Home Bargains.

It would be rude to refuse their offer especially as I got 5p change from a £10.00 note!
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

Aircav

Hi All
just back from sunny Greece  ;D
If you ever get to Athens and have sometime to spare go to Ippocratous street, there are about 7 modelshops on a crossroads and most are very well stocked.  :thumbsup:

Due to limited luggage space I only got the following

Hasegawa F/A-18 Hornet Egg plane
Hasegawa P-51 Mustang

1/35 Miniart Soviet Tank crew at rest
1/35 Miniart German Feldgendarmerie
1/35 Italeri Gulf war Desert Rats

1/72 Icarus decals for Greek F-104 and F-4.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Howard of Effingham

yesterday's coventry show.....

italeri F-4G/E/F 'toom
heller Mirage 2000B
academy A-37B 'black eagles'
pioneer2 beechcraft kansan
hasegawa F-104G/S
hasegawa TF-104G/F-104DJ
RoG F-16B
hasegawa F-14D VF-213 'last cruise'
airfix Mil Mi24  Hind A/D
airfix Kamov Ka25 Hormone [both boxings]
hobbycraft Yak-38 Forger-A

i also bought a 1/32 RoG classics RR phantom 1, some old but useful DBI paints and some spitfire floats

a very good day out indeed.
Keeper of George the Cat.

sideshowbob9

Ebay again:

1/72:

PM Hawker Sea Fury (now I remember what the Sabre is for!)
Airfix Hawker Demon
Frog? Republic P-47 Razorback
Airfix Grumman Hellcat (gonna give it a Griffon under its original FAA name Gannet)

1/48:

Testors Republic P-47D (the wings will go on my P-35 to make a P-41)

nev

From Coventry

1/48 Hasegawa:  RF-4EJ "501 SQ".  This is the F-4EJs converted to carry a recon pod, and the box includes an extra sprue with 3 different ones on it - LOROP, TAC and TACER :)

1/48 Hasegawa:  T-2 "Aggressor"

1/35 MiniArt:  British Armoured Car crew (5 figures)

54mm Seil Models:  Roman Centurion.  This fella is absolutely stunning, everything about the package is first class.

Plus some a set of clamps and Micro Sol/Set (could've done with them both on my last build!)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Weaver

Quote from: Nigel Bunker on June 28, 2009, 11:09:14 PM
I continue my progress to the dark side: 3x Bf 109G-14 and 2 x Ju 87B/R - all from Home Bargains.

It would be rude to refuse their offer especially as I got 5p change from a £10.00 note!

Found out we have a local Home Bargains - yay!  :thumbsup:

Went to look and they had no stock of any of these kits - boo!  :banghead:

Anyway, from ebay:

Heller 1/72nd P.Z.L. P-23A/B Karas  :wub: To be done as Spanish Republican (they oredered some but never got them), and possibly as a Gnome Rhone-engined P-43 export version.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

B777LR

Yesterday i went into a model shop, promising myself to go only for paint. I spotted a nice A-10 box, but it was 1/48 so i was without interest. A few moments later i left the shop with a 1/48 Tamiya A-10 anyway :thumbsup:

Weaver

Quote from: B787 on June 29, 2009, 11:37:34 PM
Yesterday i went into a model shop, promising myself to go only for paint. I spotted a nice A-10 box, but it was 1/48 so i was without interest. A few moments later i left the shop with a 1/48 Tamiya A-10 anyway :thumbsup:

LOL - someone really should do some research on that "blank" time in between saying "no, I shouldn't" and finding yourself out on the street with a box in your hand: I put it down to alien mind-control rays personally.......

- Indiana Jones